Sensitivity to caffeine exposed while on Whole30?

I'm currently on day 5 of my first Whole30.  Prior to starting I would have at least 3 cups of coffee in the morning and sometimes another cup in the afternoon when I hit the 3pm slump.  I have never had trouble sleeping, even with such a large caffeine intake.  The morning of day 4, though, I noticed I was very jittery, weak, and having palpitations after just one cup.  I immediately stopped drinking it.  This morning I again had one cup with similar effects.  Is it common to notice an unknown sensitivity to caffeine when starting Whole30?

• Moderators

I think there are quite a few people who have noticed this.  It's likely because when your body and mind are not working on fending off toxins/healing, you are more aware of other things that are going on and can become more sensitive to things you were not sensitive to before.

Isn't it amazingly interesting what we learn about ourselves doing a Whole30? I'm always fascinated!

Isn't it amazingly interesting what we learn about ourselves doing a Whole30? I'm always fascinated!

Yes, it is very amazing!  Thanks so much your help, SugarcubeOD and MeadowLily!  I feel much less paranoid and think I will start switching to naturally decaffienated herbal teas in the morning :]

Archived