I need protein packed suggestions!

Hello!

This past week while meal planning, I decided to make a couple of basic dishes to eat for breakfast/lunch throughout the week. I made compliant egg salad, and a compliant chicken salad spin off. Both were made with whole30 mayo, and for the chicken salad I mixed diced chicken with mayo, bacon, and sun-dried tomatoes. Both dishes were absolutely delicious, and we're wonderful options throughout the week. Since they were packed with protein and fat, they kept me full for a long time!

Going into this next week, I'm looking for some alternatives that are similar to these dishes. I don't want to make the exact same things two weeks in a row, because I know that I'll get burnt out of them and won't want to eat them. I was wondering if anyone else have made some similar dishes that they can fall back on? I'd love to hear ideas!

Thanks!

If you're pressed for time,  leftovers from the previous night will save you.  

Beef brisket sliced thin along with your eggs.   Beef steak, roast or burger.  Center cut pork chops,  pork loin and compliant bacon.  Grilled or baked salmon, trout,  cod...fish.   Anything you eat for Sunday dinner can be eaten for breakfast.   On a scale of 1-10 for optimum protein sources...chicken falls somewhere between 1-3.

There's bison and other options but these are not so easy to come by. 

Think supper and add those delicious proteins with your eggs.   Something strange happened on my way through the forum...  I've completely lost my taste and desire for chicken.   Cannot even remember the last time I've had any.   Do try every protein you can afford and mix it all up for satiety.  Your palate will change.

• Moderators

(I've deleted the duplicate topic -- please don't post the same question in multiple places on the forum. Thanks!)

There are all kinds of things that are good packing up so you can just grab them out of the fridge and go. Check out these cold plate suggestions from The Clothes Make The Girl. And Nom Nom Paleo has a bunch of lunch suggestions, some geared more for kids, and some may not be W30 compliant, but they should give you ideas.

The egg salad and chicken salad you made could be made with just about any protein -- salmon salad (compliant canned salmon, mixed with mayo and whatever you thing would taste good -- celery, onion, shredded carrots, whatever. Or you could cook turkey and make turkey salad, maybe with some dried cranberries (if you can find them -- watch for sweeteners and sulfites), celery, diced water chestnuts or jicama. Tuna salad, made however you like your tuna salad. 

Frittatas or egg casseroles are good -- I like them best reheated in my toaster oven, but they're not bad cold if you're really in a hurry. Scotch eggs or meatballs are super easy to take with you. Pair them with some of the salads listed in this post.

I often do a shrimp salad - mayo, celery, red pepper, shallots, dill; you could do a curry chicken salad with walnuts, celery and grapes. Tuna salad is also a great protein salad.

Also, try some scotch eggs. They are a great go to protein combo that could be paired with leftover veggies or a salad. Just make your own sausage with ground meat and appropriate seasonings to avoid added sugar.

mmmmm, scotch eggs. I hadn't thought of those, they're one of my favourite foods from my childhood. You could coat them in a mix of coconut, pecans and cayenne pepper and shallow fry in ghee...................................off to the kitchen for me!

Archived