Wellshire paleo bacon?

Dying for something other than eggs and fruit in the morning. Found Wellshire paleo bacon, but not sure about some ingredients. Ingredients are: PORK, SEA SALT, SPICES (BLACK PEPPER, FENUGREEK, NUTMEG, WHITE PEPPER, MACE, ALLSPICE). Mace? Is that ok? And I've never even heard of white pepper. Are these ingredients ok?

Thank you for the info, I will try the bacon! And I do try to add bell peppers to my scrambled eggs in the morning, I just don't always have the time to cut them up so I only have them once in a while. Not a big vegetable fan, I'm trying to try new things but I'm not the best cook and some of the recipes are daunting. I wish there was a Whole 30 restaurant where I could order something off the menu, try something that was cooked by a professional just to see if I'll like it. I'm scared to spend the money on vegetables and then find out that I just don't like the taste. I'm a super picky eater and I try to be more open-minded, but it's tough because I work full-time and then have 2 toddlers to take care of when I get home, I don't have a lot of time or money to experiment with foods. I eat a lot of the same stuff right now. But thank you for the advice!

• 1 year later...

I bought Wellshire Paleo no sugar added bacon at whole foods for my whole 30. I'm on my 5th day of the whole 30 and i went back to whole foods and i noticed they had Whole 30 approved bacon so i bought it instead of the paleo bacon. The paleo bacon which i had been eating on the whole has other spices in it that the whole 30 bacon didn't.  The Wellshire paleo bacon has these spices in it -Black pepper, FENUGREEK, nutmeg, white pepper, MACE, ALLSPICE. Is the paleo bacon ok to eat on whole 30? I hope i don't have to start over. Let me know...

Thank you so much! Is it ok to cook your own Whole 30 meals as long as all ingredients is whole 30 approved? I don't have to follow a certain meal layout do i ? I cook all my own meals everyday, I just make sure all things i eat is on the approved list and i check all labels for things that are a no no. I'm going on day 6 but i cook and make up my own meals. Hopefully this is ok.. 

• Administrators

There is no limit but the recommendation is to avoid coffee after late morning/noon in order not to jeopardize sleep quality. You also want to make sure that you are drinking half ounce of water per pound of bodyweight. Coffee doesn't count for this.

I'm on my 6th day of the whole 30 and feeling great! My sister did the whole 30 and looks AMAZING which inspired me to do it. I have one other question… My vascular doctor put me on VASCULERA/diosmiplex 630mg. It's a medication/herb tablet i have to take to strengthen my veins as i had a blood clot. I have to take it for 3 months. It does have a small amount of corn starch in the pill but i have to be on this. Please tell me i don't have to start my whole 30 again :(

I'm a flight attendant and i had to take a melatonin pill to help me sleep since I had to get up at 2am and couldn't fall asleep. I took it without thinking it would have sweetener in a  tiny pill but i checked the ingredients  after i took it and yep it has artificial sweetener in it. Im day 7 of the whole 30 and have done so well until i took this. Do i have to start all over?

• Moderators
On 8/14/2016 at 4:55 AM, kellymarie said:

I'm a flight attendant and i had to take a melatonin pill to help me sleep since I had to get up at 2am and couldn't fall asleep. I took it without thinking it would have sweetener in a  tiny pill but i checked the ingredients  after i took it and yep it has artificial sweetener in it. Im day 7 of the whole 30 and have done so well until i took this. Do i have to start all over?

Read this article and decide for yourself.

Whatever you decide, do take this as a lesson in the importance of always reading labels before consuming any food or medicine going forward.

Archived