New here and start date august 3rd - TODAY!

Diwheeler32

I've eating 80/20 paleo for about 3 years. Best decision I've made. But I've never wanted to do a Whole30 cuz I didn't want to set myself up for failure. Earlier this year I did a food intolerance test and have been dialing in my eating habits. But! Not faithfully. For the last 6 weeks I've been having some unpleasant symptoms of exposure including burnt tongue (inflamed, highly sensitive) and hair loss due to OD'ing on kale/spinach. So my naturopath wants me to do 30 days of clean eating and writing it all down. Now's the time to do a my first Whole30!:) Normally I'm not a "forums" -type person but under the circumstances, I think this is the perfect place for me. So.... Today is day 1. And I'm sick! With a nasty cold. Brilliant, huh? Welp, here I go anyway.

I fill my VitaMix full of the greens then add frozen banana and a few other items. I was already borderline low thyroid but I guess this pushed me over the edge. Doing the blood test to confirm tomorrow. I'm also intolerant to dairy and fruit/sugar combo. Iritating! Doc recommends that I continue with my greens but to sauté them first.

I fill my VitaMix full of the greens then add frozen banana and a few other items. I was already borderline low thyroid but I guess this pushed me over the edge. Doing the blood test to confirm tomorrow. I'm also intolerant to dairy and fruit/sugar combo. Iritating! Doc recommends that I continue with my greens but to sauté them first.

Yes, please cook the greens and eat them whole vs. putting them through the VitaMix, as juicing/smoothies are discourage on a Whole30.  The idea is to chew your food, vs. drink it, as chewing is more satiating.

So. This is kinda weird. This is Day 5 and I'm having none... I said NONE of the issues that are common to first time Whole30ers. I've been eating 80/20 paleo for 2.5 years. I did a food intolerance test and found out I'm intolerant to dairy, fish/shellfish, peanuts, and fruit/sugar combo (which means I can't eat then together; there has yo be 6hrs between). So I've been dialing in my diet more and more but still not consistently. I've noticed I don't crave sugar near as much as I use to and my snacking has cut itself way back. So would this be the reason for lack of Whole30 reaction? Also I started this challenge after being sick for 2 days with a nasty cold. So I've been eating lots of eggs and sautéed spinach. Oh and lots of fat! Holy cow! I'm following The Wahls Protocol keto diet for my psoriasis and some other health issues. Oh and my naturopath told me to kick fruit and sugar to the curb for a month. It's going just fine so far. No big cravings. No moodiness. BUT I've been home sick every day this week. Maybe it'll all kick in when I go back to work next week and also add in my workouts again.

Any thoughts?

• Administrators

I imagine your lack of symtoms was a result of your previous modifications to your diet as well as the fact that you are probably eating enough.  A lot of our members come for help with symptoms of headache, lethargy, stomach upset, high emotion, anxiety etc and discover that they are not eating enough food.

How are you feeling now? Looks like this post was a few days ago.........

Archived