WholeMama623's POST Whole100 Daily Ramblings on Reintroduction

WholeMama623

Had a Pumpkin Spice Frap from Starbucks this weekend. This was some of  the first REAL sugar I've had. It was pretty good! Going to try to stay away now that I've had one. I've been trying to feed my daughter Gluten Free stuff and she didn't finish a few of these cereal bar things I gave to her, of course I ate them. I am slowly slipping away from paleo, and it scares me. But once I start eating like this, it  starts to get harder to go back.

My bad headaches are back. Nearly every day. A lot of the times, I get nauseous with them. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little concerned. I just don't feel right. I have some feeling that something isn't right with me, but I am so defeated by doctors, that I don't even want to try. I really really wonder if it's from the change in my diet?? While I haven't been doing TOO bad, Non paleo food has snuck in. I never had these headaches until recently. Vacation is next week. After vacation I'm going to do another Whole-something. Maybe 60, maybe more.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you should see a doctor about your headaches. Daily headaches with nausea doesn't sound like just going a little off program to me. Maybe you could keep a diary of when you get these headaches to try to figure out what's going on. It sounds like something you've had in the past, too, and already seen doctors about? That's frustrating.

The problem is Julie, that I have them every single day. I wake up with it, and it normally doesn't go away until I take something. My neck and back keep popping and are hurting me, so I'm wondering if I should take a trip to a chiropractor. I've been sleeping in some awful positions lately when my daughter is in bed with us. I wonder if I did something to my neck? But yes, I don't think they are normal either, but it's literally started since my Whole100 ended. So it just makes me wonder.

We are leaving for vacation in 9 days! I can't believe it's this close  now. I've again stopped worrying about food, and will do the best I can while I'm there. I know I'm going to buckle down when I get home, so that gives me some sort of relief. My size 12 pants are still fitting, so that says the bloat/weight isn't really changing. I did hop on my mom's scale this past weekend and it said 164. Last time I weighed it was 160.2 However, I weighed in the middle of the day, and after a particularly salty meal, so I'm not too worried about it.

I really want to hit my weight loss goal this year, and the only way I will probably do it, is if I go back to strict eating.

My bad headaches are back. Nearly every day. A lot of the times, I get nauseous with them. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little concerned. I just don't feel right. I have some feeling that something isn't right with me, but I am so defeated by doctors, that I don't even want to try. I really really wonder if it's from the change in my diet?? While I haven't been doing TOO bad, Non paleo food has snuck in. I never had these headaches until recently. Vacation is next week. After vacation I'm going to do another Whole-something. Maybe 60, maybe more.

Headaches suck.  If your doctor(s) leave you feeling defeated, keep looking for one who does not!  

No history of headaches!! Now that I've thought about them, both months it was around ovulation. No idea why they'd be that bad, but it seems like after that has happened, they are gone! haven't had one in a few days.

Okay, so I think I've wakened the sugar demon/dragon (whatever is is). I had that stupid coffee from starbucks,and ever since I can't stop eating peanut butter, almond butter, and little piece of gluten free cookies my daughter is feeding me. My face looks terrible. It's all red again, and it's breaking out. I feel so self conscious about it, and I'm going on vacation so it's going to look bad in pictures.

We leave Friday morning~

HI there !  chiro is a MUST !! - I always go to mine as soon as I get a tiny headache - and sure enough I am all out of whack.  I'm certain your neck is out of whack !  get to a chiro before your trip !!  it will make a world of difference.

Don't think I can get there before vacation, but I am going to look into it when I get back!

I hope that you can enjoy your vacation !! Try not to stress too much about it - I'm sure you will have plenty of food options, some might not be the best... BUT remember  Good  - Better and Best  and I'm sure you will do fine .... so Relax get some sun (vitamin D will also do you some good)  and enjoy your self !  Can't wait to hear all about your vacation.

Thanks ladies!!! Just a little over 24 hours until we leave. My allergies are acting up awful! Can't breathe out of my nose, and sound like a man when I talk! Awesome! Either way, I feel fine, so it'll be good.

Totally had gluten free convenience food last night and I'm paying for it today. I had an Annie's Gluten Free mac n cheese, and a gluten free bean and cheese burrito. I didn't get home until 7:30 and hadn't eaten since 12. I was so hungry and hubby had picked these up for me at the store. While they were quite tasty, my stomach is NOT happy today. (i'll leave it at that.... LOL)

Looking forward to vacation, AND looking forward to starting another WHOLE when I get back.

Hello everyone!!!

I am back from vacation. Let me tell you, I did NOT hold back with food, and I didn't even feel bad about it. LOL.

Lots of gluten free waffles, ice cream, GF cupcakes/Donuts... ect. At Boma, I even had an ENTIRE gluten free platter made just for me and during the day, I ate the ENTIRE thing. It came with two GF waffles, two GF muffins (blueberry, and chocolate), a toasted GF bagel, and a donut. Yep. Ate it ALL over the day. I had lots of coffee with cream, and sugar, and you know what? I didn't have a single bad reaction the whole week. I'm glad that this did not ruin my vacation. My face is slightly broken out, but that's it.

Coffee with Pumpkin creamer and some sugar is awesome. Not going to lie.

best part? Only gained two lbs, and some of that might be water weight. We will see.

Overall, I'm glad I didn't hold back. Who knows when i'll be able to eat that way again, and it made me HAPPY!

Not sure when I'm going to start my WholeXX but I hope too soon. We made chocolate chili last night for dinner and it was so good. Going to have it for lunch today as well!

Overall, I'm glad I didn't hold back. Who knows when i'll be able to eat that way again, and it made me HAPPY!

Not sure when I'm going to start my WholeXX but I hope too soon. We made chocolate chili last night for dinner and it was so good. Going to have it for lunch today as well!

I'm so glad you felt well and had a great vacation!!!!  YAY!!!  Is Oct. 1 too soon for you to start a W30?  I'm going for it!

So I made the mistake of putting pumpkin creamer and sugar back into my coffee, and now I'm doing it every day. I didn't make coffee this morning, and made coffee with the non dairy creamer here! Yuck. Who knows what's in this stuff. I need to get back on track, but I find myself fighting it a little bit!!!

I could try to start tomorrow but I'm not sure we have enough food! I need to do it soon before I don't do it at all.

Archived