Seafarer W30 Log

Seafarer

Day 19:

M1: sausage/egg casserole, tomatoes with mayo, coffee

M2: hamburger patty & garden salad <-- no fat but my car (with packed lunch) was on the other side of a 17 acre amusement park & I didn't want to leave the kids to walk back myself, or to make them walk with me, so....  no good fat.

S: tomatoes & mayo <--- good fat as soon as I got back to the car

M3: steak, beets, zucchini, ghee

Water: 60 oz

Activity: walking & walking & walking....

Noted: After 4 full days of grandchildren & various activities, my knees still feel no worse for wear PLUS when I arrived home tonight, I was looking for something else to do because it was only early evening & I wasn't tired. Yippee.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 20:

M1: blueberries/almond milk, 3 eggs & zucchini, coffee/coconut cream

M2: pumpkin casserole with dollop of mayo, beef & string bean stir fry

S: spoonful of coconut cream

M3: fish, potatoes, zucchini, club soda/blueberry juice

Water: 60 oz (ugh!)

Activity: gardening

Noted: woke up this morning feeling ravenous. I have been hungry before on waking, but not like this. Probably the fastest breakfast prep I have ever done, including picking the blueberries. LOL!

Also noted: I was genuinely thirsty this afternoon. Not hungry. Thirsty for water. I know I don't drink enough, but I seldom actually feel that need for hydration.

Day 21:

M1: fried mushrooms & onions, sausage & egg casserole, coffee

M2: hamburger with veg stir-fry (carrots, string beans, hot pepper, zucchini)

M3: blueberries/almond milk, tomato & mayo, hamburger

Water: 60 oz

Activity: 20 min yoga/weights, garden

Noted: It was a pretty fine day.  :)

Day 22:

M1: blueberries/almond milk, vegetable soup, sausage & egg casserole, coffee

M2: 3 eggs, tomatoes, mayo

M3: steak, mushrooms & onions, yellow beans, carrots, club soda with lime

Water: 85 oz

Activity: 20 min yoga/weights, garden, quick swim, quick kayak paddle

Noted: energy +

Day 23:

M1: potatoes, 2 eggs, ghee, coffee

M2: steak, yellow beans, carrots, tomatoes, ghee

M3: coconut cream, chicken, raw carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes

Water: 80 oz

Activity: 20 min yoga/weights

Noted: feeling really water logged tonight. 

• Administrators

You'd asked in another thread for some feedback. I think overall your meals look alright if a bit small sometimes. As discussed, I would try to add a starchy veggie to the end of the day if you can. And up that water overall! :)

Day 24:

M1: 3 scrambled eggs & zucchini, coffee

M2: blueberries/almond milk, steak, tomatoes, mayo

M3: salmon, beet greens, potatoes, ghee, club soda/blueberry juice

Water: 100 oz. (Yay me!)

Activity: 20 min yoga/weights, 75 min kayaking, 15 min swim, gardening

Note: Lots done today, and still got to the lake. A good day.

• Administrators

Nice job on the water! This looks like a great day of food, how do you feel? Note that if you exercise enough to sweat/breath hard/deplete your glycogen stores, you can have a post workout meal (lean protein and starchy veggie) if you feel you need it.

Nice job on the water! This looks like a great day of food, how do you feel? Note that if you exercise enough to sweat/breath hard/deplete your glycogen stores, you can have a post workout meal (lean protein and starchy veggie) if you feel you need it.

Thanks! Wait'll you see today's water entry! At least it gave me a laugh. Thanks too for the reminder on the PostWO meal. I never think about it b/c I don't work out, and you are right... yesterday I had a late afternoon energy slump, which puzzled me a bit, but that would explain it.  :rolleyes: And yah... feeling good.

Sleep last night: 6.5 hours with a post-midnight pit stop. I hardly woke up. 

Day 25:

M1: sausage, tomato, mayo, coffee

M2: salmon, cucumber salad with nut butter sauce (from WF)

M3: steak, carrots, string beans, ghee

Water: 100 oz or 120 oz. I lost track.  :huh:

Activity: 20 min yoga/weights, 20 min weeding/hoeing

Stress: Just when you think you don't have any... today was suddenly fairly high again but I should have it all under control again by the end of the week.

Note: This was one of those days when you suddenly feel lighter, or streamlined, or something. Something good, at least. Yay!

Sleep: A hard-fought 8.5 hours, with a pit stop just after midnight and another one at 4 am. At 4 am I was hungry, thought about the fish/broccoli thing, was afraid I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep, and had a snack. Slept until 8:15 am  :)  but woke up feeling full  :( . I remember that feeling from late-night snacking days and it ain't nice. Blech. I suppose the hungry feeling came from yesterday's little stress bomb, which was what I was thinking about when I woke up?

S at 4 am: 2 bites steak, 1/2 spoonful of mayo

M1: Silky Gingered Zucchini Soup, salmon, mayo

M2: egg salad (3 eggs, mayo, a whole cucumber), tomatoes

M3: salmon, mayo, tomatoes, a little bit of zucchini soup

Water: 60 oz (but lots of soup). I know.... not good.

Stress: Still high, but decided to tackle it & make it go away. I worked all day at it... and didn't get home until well after 8:30 pm, so had a really late supper (2nd day in a row). Hopefully I didn't choose food that will still be hanging out by morning.

Noted: It's back tonight, but for most of the day.... no tinnitus. Happy, happy, joy, joy. Best part of the day! 

Sleep: 7 hours, no pit stops.  :) (Probably because I shorted myself on water yesterday though  :( )

Day 27:

M1: blueberries/almond milk. 3 eggs, ghee, zucchini soup

M2: Stir-fried hamburger/carrots/string beans made into a curry with coconut cream & ginger. <---- Happy tummy!

M3: Steak. Potatoes & zucchini friend in ghee. Green tea

Water: 110 oz. 

Activity: 20 min yoga/weights. Garden. 40 min mowing.

Stress: Medium high, but have a schedule & am tackling it step by step.

Noted: really bad tinnitus today. Forgot to log a decaf coffee that I drank late in the day yesterday, and yesterday the tinnitus showed up in the evening. Had previously decided today that coffee often means I don't have room for water, and then when I thought it might also be affecting tinnitus..... good-bye coffee for a while. At least it will help my water intake.  ;)

Sleep: Pit stop at 6.5 hours, at which point I just got up.

Day 28:

M1: Stir-fried hamburger/carrots/string beans made into a curry with coconut cream & ginger.

M2: Sausage with hot peppers fried in coconut oil. Tomatoes & mayo. Green tea.

M3: Fish chowder made with coconut milk (not my favorite!). Club soda/blueberry juice.

Water: 100 oz

Activity: 10 min yoga/weights, which is hardly an "activity". Garden.

Stress: Minimal

Noted: Lazy day.

Sleep: Almost 7 hours

Day 29:

M1: blueberries/almond milk, 3 eggs with ghee, shredded carrots + raw raisins + mayo.

M2: fish chowder, green tea

M3: steak, tomatoes/mayo

Activity: lots of housecleaning (with sweating), but no purposeful activity

Stress: none

Note: Wrote my Day 30 summary & am definitely in a better place.

Sleep: 6.5 hours, but only because the alarm clock rang. Pit stop shortly after midnight.

Day 30 (yes, 30!)

M1.1: 3 boiled eggs, handful cherry tomatoes, coconut cream (I was on the road & forgot to take the zucchini soup with me so was short on veg), green tea

4 hours later....

M1.2: 2 scrambled eggs & 2 cups sauteed vegs (hot peppers, onions, string beans). All cooked with coconut oil.

4 hours later....

M2: 2 cups zucchini soup, 2 bites sausage (too full, couldn't eat any more)

5.5 hours later...

M3: sooonful coconut cream (hungry!) then steak, potatoes, carrots, ghee, green tea

Activity: none

Stress: extra early morning but a good day

Note: This is the first time I have been really hungry, but 2nd breakfast should probably have been smaller, so I could have eaten a proper lunch.

Sleep: Hard to say, since it was fragmented, but I think about 8.

M1: sausage, tomatoes, mayo

M2: Tuna salad: tuna, cucumber, hot peppers, onion, mayo

M3: steak, potatoes, beet salad (WF), beet greens, ghee

Note: Feeling restless ---> rainy weather + energy to burn  :)

Sleep: fractured. About 6.5 hours total.

Day 32:

M1: 10 am (About 3 hours after getting up) sausage/egg casserole made with lots of zucchini & onion
M2: 2:30 pm: steak, tomatoes & mayo, string beans
M3: 6:30 pm: chicken, potatoes, carrots/ghee, broccoli salad (broccoli, compliant raisins, chopped pecans, mayo)

Activity: 20 min yoga/weights. Lots of walking.
Stress: minimal

NSV: My husband frequently grasps my rib cage when he pulls me in for a hug. Today when he did that, he commented “You have lost weight!” so even when I don’t notice much difference, it’s there.  :)

Note: Shortly after supper did not feel well – stomach cramps. Eventually diarrhea, an almost-nap, and vomiting by 11:00 pm. Pourquoi?

Sleep: fractured due to feeling sick, but cramps & nausea were steadily improving through the night. A few cat naps through the evening, with about 6 hours of actual sleep.

Day 33:
M1: Golden Cauliflower Soup (WF). No protein.
M2: Carrot soufflé (carrots, eggs, coconut cream), about 1 cup
S: carrot soufflé, 1 cup

M3: Golden Cauliflower soup (2 cups), followed about an hour later with Carrot Souffle (1 cup)

Water: sipping on ginger tea & club soda all day which totaled about 50 oz

Activity: getting up off the couch  ;)

Stress: minimal

Note: Feeling steadily better all day, enough that I went to a scheduled meeting tonight. Home early & well ready for bed.

Sleep: 6.5 hours

Day 34:

M1: tuna salad (tuna, onions, cucumber, hot peppers, mayo). About 1.5 cups (still taking it easy on my stomach). Coffee.

Felt 100% fine all morning. Attended one meeting & had a long visit with a long-time chum.

M2: steak, beet salad (beets, pecans, seasonings, coconut oil in the prep), broccoli salad (broccoli, raisins, pecans, some mayo), tomotoes/mayo

This was the first full meal I have had since picking up the flu. It didn't take long for the cramps to start, which led to lots of diarrhea (but I took gravol this time & didn't actually vomit). Slept, or was in the bathroom, from 1 pm to 10 pm.

M3: a cup of chicken broth

Water: pretty much nil

Stress: virtually none

NSV: notched up my watch strap one place.  :)

Note: Slightly "empty" at 10 pm, but too tired to cook & only have foods in the fridge that are probably hard to digest. Happy that I have chicken broth in the fridge! Happy that I have beef broth in the freezer which is now thawing in the fridge. Food-wise, the only common denominator that I can see prior to the onset of cramping both days is the raisins, and having a full meal. I assume I just have the flu, and the full meal triggered both episodes, although you'd think there'd be some discomfort to eating even a small meal if that was the case. C'est la guerre, I guess. n=1 continues. 

Sleep: 6.5 hours, which isn't too bad considering how much sleep I had yesterday.

Day 35:

M1: can of salmon with mayo. Carrot souffle.

M2: Silky Gingered Zucchini Soup. Bone broth.

M3: Veg/Chicken curry

Water: 55 oz

Note: Still running a temp, and not eating much (especially protein) but no diarrhea or vomiting today, although I am taking about 2 hours to get a meal in. Water has been making me queasy, but I still need to up my intake... can definitely see the difference in the colour of my urine. I sliced a large, fresh cucumber into the pitcher, and it made a big difference in how well it went down. Onward to tomorrow!

Sleep: 7.5 hours with a pit stop at the 5 hour mark

Day 36:
M1: Silky Gingered Zucchini Soup (WF) – 2 cups
M2: salmon, tomatoes, mayo
M3: salmon, potatoes, onions/peppers/zucchini, ghee

S: zucchini soup (1 cup)

Water: 50 oz (+ the soups?)
Activity: 2 hour easy walk
Stress: slight

Note: still taking it easy on my digestive system, so meals are small & take a long time to eat. Tonight's snack followed the walk. 

NSV: a colleague insisted I have lost weight & that I am looking healthy.

Sleep: 7.5 hours with a pit stop at the 5 hour mark

Day 36:

M1: Silky Gingered Zucchini Soup (WF) – 2 cups

M2: salmon, tomatoes, mayo

M3: salmon, potatoes, onions/peppers/zucchini, ghee

S: zucchini soup (1 cup)

Water: 50 oz (+ the soups?)

Activity: 2 hour easy walk

Stress: slight

Note: still taking it easy on my digestive system, so meals are small & take a long time to eat. Tonight's snack followed the walk. 

NSV: a colleague insisted I have lost weight & that I am looking healthy.

Sorry you are not feeling "swell" but what a nice compliment from your colleague.  I hope you feel better soon.  Sending good vibes your way.

Sleep: 7 total. (1 hour pit stop at the 6 hour mark)

Day 37:
M1: 3 scrambled eggs, peppers/onions/zucchini, both cooked with coconut oil
M2: egg salad (eggs, cucumbers, mayo)
M3: salmon, Golden Cauliflower Soup (WF)

Water: 50 oz
Activity: gardening, pruning shrubs, digging holes – 3 hours (with breaks)
Stress: nada

Note: cramps when drinking water, but okay with ginger water & with soup. Nasty BM today.

NSV: I suppose the fact that I feel like crap, and am still out digging holes says something about my energy level.  :)

Having been away for a couple of days, this is catch-up....

Sleep: 7.5 hours

Day 38:

M1: sausage/egg casserole, mayo, salsa

M2: (at 3 pm): carrot souffle (we were packing to go away & this was grabbed on the way out the door & eaten on the road)

M3: scallops, potatoes, ghee, broccoli salad, tea/coconut cream.... and boy, did I pay for this one! One hour after supper.... long bout of diarrhea.

Activity: lots of activity, but no purposeful exercise

Stress: nil

---------------------------------------------------------

Sleep: 7.5 hours total, divided into 3 parts

Day 39:

M1: 1/4 cup cauliflower soup, 2 fried eggs

M2: salmon ( < 1 palm) and 1/4 cup salsa

S: banana & mayo

M3: salmon (1 palm), 1/2 potato, 2 carrots, small onion

Activity: 20 min yoga/stretching, 2 hours of ATV'ing on rough trails

Stress: nil

Note: still having cramping whenever I eat or drink anything, but no diarrhea... meals are very small

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sleep: 8 hours (with one quick pit stop 6 hours in)

Day 40:

M1: 2 eggs, salsa

Mid-day: green tea

M3: cauliflower soup, lobster, baked potato, clarified butter

Note: Mild discomfort after breakfast, but no cramping. Not hungry at lunch. M3 was mostly at a restaurant where I knew they didn't have decent vegetables, so I heated some cauliflower soup in a travel mug and drank it on the way to the restaurant. This turned out to be the first meal in a week that didn't give me cramps, or discomfort of some kind, within an hour of eating. Allllllllllllllll right! :)  

Archived