Panera Meat

primalRN

Good news everyone! Panera Roasted Turkey Breast is allowable on the Whole30. I called and spoke with somebody and they read me the ingredients: Turkey, Canola Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper.

Their meats are not prepared in house.

The chicken unfortunately has sugar and some type of rice seasoning blend.

So, the turkey would be great on a bed of veggies topped with avocado!

While canola oil is not the best of choices, it's acceptable for dining out and at least you can be social!

• Moderators

I'm sorry. You "called and spoke with somebody and they read me the ingredients..." We don't know who you called. We don't know if they shared correct information with you. We don't know if this information applies to every location. We don't know if this information might change next month. I cannot conclude that turkey at Panera is Whole30-compliant based upon your report.  

• Moderators

Good news everyone! Panera Roasted Turkey Breast is allowable on the Whole30. I called and spoke with somebody and they read me the ingredients: Turkey, Canola Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper.

Their meats are not prepared in house.

The chicken unfortunately has sugar and some type of rice seasoning blend.

So, the turkey would be great on a bed of veggies topped with avocado!

While canola oil is not the best of choices, it's acceptable for dining out and at least you can be social!

Might I caution you to ask to see the ingredients next time you are in your local Panera. Here's why... lots of times people will read ingredients and not read things in parentheses... such as, it could have been Ingredients: Turkey (sugar, cornstarch, soy), canola oil, EVOO, etc... It also could very well have been 100% accurate but when taking on something like a Whole30, it's always better peace of mind to see it for yourself. :)

Also, for anyone else coming to this thread later, please check your own local Panera to make sure before ordering. As Tom says, ingredients can change from region to region and also along a timeline... maybe its good now but next month they replace Canola Oil for Soybean oil and then it would be a no go.

• Administrators

Sourced here (click individual sandwich for detailed list of ingredients): https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/menu-categories/sandwiches-panini.html

As far as just the meats go:

Smoked Turkey: sliced smoked turkey breast (turkey breast, turkey broth, contains less than 2% potassium lactate, salt, brown sugar, sodium phosphate, sodium diacetate, sodium erythorbate, sodium nitrite, smoke flavoring) This would NOT be compliant

Sirloinbeef sirloin tip (beef sirloin, seasoning [spice, dehydrated garlic, sea salt, canola oil]) - This would be compliant

Roasted Turkey: Roasted turkey breast (turkey breast, water, vegetable oil [canola oil, extra virgin olive oil], salt, black pepper)This would be compliant

Citrus Chicken: citrus & pepper chicken (boneless skinless chicken breast fillets with rib meat, water, seasoning [lemon, mangosteen, natural smoke flavor], sea salt, dehydrated garlic, dehydrated onion, sugar, dry lemon peel, spices, dehydrated rosemary, dehydrated basil, citric acid, malic acid and paprika for flavor, vinegar, rice starchThis would NOT be compliant

• 1 month later...

@ladyshanny You just broke my heart. :(  I'm sitting in a working lunch and thought I should look it up here to make sure. Unfortunately, they ordered Smoked vs Roasted Turkey. Good thing I brought some fruit just in case.

• Administrators

@ladyshanny You just broke my heart. :(  I'm sitting in a working lunch and thought I should look it up here to make sure. Unfortunately, they ordered Smoked vs Roasted Turkey. Good thing I brought some fruit just in case.

Awww, I'm sorry!  Sardines/canned salmon/tuna etc in your desk for just this situation!

Archived