Whole30 dreams/nightmares

SM667

Oh my goodness. I'm just starting day three and all last night I had dreams about food I couldn't eat. Worse I had nightmares that I accidentally ate pasta or legumes etc and didn't realize what I was eating. What the actual hell. Anybody else experience this? Just needed to share.

I dreamed I chugged a bottle of maple syrup.

I just LOLed in the middle of my office.  For some reason this struck me as extremely funny - maybe it's because I could actually see myself doing this previously - not too sure.

On my first whole 30 I dreamed about going off plan on rice.  Not chocolate, ice cream or cookies (my 3 favourites) but rice.  I've never been a big fan of rice - so I was like WTH?  I was extremely relieved to wake up and realize it was only a dream. 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't eat sugar, even before whole 30 except in fruits and a bit of honey.  I often dream I go off the plan by eating sugar. When my family roasted marshmallows I had that dream, and at least 2 other times.  I also wake up happy I didn't really do it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a nightmare last night (today is day 8) but mine wasn't food related. I wrote the dream out in a word file (I'm "blogging" my Whole 30, but only in a word file on my own computer ha I suppose I'm journaling it.) But in a sentence or two: I dreamed that we were driving behind my mom on a long bridge and she drove off the bridge. We didn't even stop or realize at first that it was her car - and we never seemed to be really tore up about it nor did we contact authorities. Later in the same dream, my dad died and my grandmother died (I don't know how they died, though). Crazy!!

:mellow::huh::o:(

• Administrators

I had a nightmare last night (today is day 8) but mine wasn't food related. I wrote the dream out in a word file (I'm "blogging" my Whole 30, but only in a word file on my own computer ha I suppose I'm journaling it.) But in a sentence or two: I dreamed that we were driving behind my mom on a long bridge and she drove off the bridge. We didn't even stop or realize at first that it was her car - and we never seemed to be really tore up about it nor did we contact authorities. Later in the same dream, my dad died and my grandmother died (I don't know how they died, though). Crazy!!

:mellow::huh::o:(

I had major nightmares in my first Whole30 in around the first 10 days; grotesque, frightening and disturbing.  It settles down, don't worry.  It's more than likely a result of a big hormonal shakeup going on.

I do think that there is something major happening in my body here on day 9. I had a very busy 3-day weekend which included the dream of my mom driving off a bridge. Today at work I randomly got sick, threw up twice, and then was fine. Day 9 (Or week 2?) is so, so strange.

Archived