Breakfast Casserole Recipe?

KayAnn615

Looking to find more creative breakfast ideas besides the standard egg with a side of sausage deal. Does anyone have a favorite breakfast casserole recipe? Or a resource for great casserole recipes? I'd like to have something I can make ahead and have throughout the week to grab before work!

Thanks all!

• Moderators

I don't follow a recipe, but what I usually do is this:

Grease a 10x13 pan. Brown a pound of breakfast sausage (if you can't find one to buy, there are recipes online, or you can just season the ground meat any way you want to, or even just use whatever meat you have leftover in the fridge). Shred a sweet potato or two, put it in the greased pan. Put 10 eggs in the blender with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder, and a couple big handfuls of spinach and blend. Put the sausage/meat on top of the sweet potato, spread out evenly. Pour egg mixture over all of that, and bake at 350 until the eggs are firm and starting to brown on the edges. Maybe 30ish minutes?

You can do this in muffin tins instead, but this seems easier to me.

And you can substitute just about anything in it as well. Add bell pepper and onion if you like, use kale instead of spinach, regular potatoes instead of sweet, use taco seasoned meat instead of sausage, it all works. I just have a thing for breakfast sausage.

I like to make GrokGrub's sweet potato "quiche" (http://grokgrub.com/2013/06/10/recipe-sweet-potato-quiche/) with a couple of modifications. I reduce the sweet potatoes from 3 lb. to 2 lb. & add a few ounces of whatever greens I have (usually frozen spinach). Also, I triple the nutmeg. 

I also have made several batches of this sausage/spinach/cauliflower casserole: http://theprimepursuit.com/2012/02/06/who-is-sick-of-eggs-for-breakfast/. It's a ton of veggies first thing in the morning!

Not very fancy but I've been making the frittata from the whole30 book, and adding instead of the spinach the frozen veggie mix of broccoli, cauliflower & carrots, and instead of dicing tomatoes I use a can of the tomato & chile mixture (Rotel makes the one I use).

:)

Archived