Chez Julie Whole30 Round 2 Log - 10/4/15 Start

chezjulie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

D29M1   2 1/2 hard boiled eggs, raw spinach w/EVOO & lemon juice, Honeycrisp apple, almond butter, coffee w/coconut milk

D29M2   2 turkey dogs w/mustard, 1/2 hard boiled egg white, large serving pumpkin w/coconut oil & pps, raw spinach w/EVOO & lemon juice, Gingerberry Kombucha

Function:   Had feelings of fullness, bloating, gas, and stomach pain during the morning and early afternoon. I think I might have forgotten to take my antacid and digestive enzyme last night. Kind of a bummer that I need the enzyme still after a month of eating this way. Oh, well. I'm starting to feel better now.

Tomorrow is my last day on my second Whole30. I suspect two or three non-compliant things may have snuck in while I was eating restaurant food, but otherwise I did really well.

I've decided to do reintroductions again for the hell of it. I don't think I'm sensitive to any of the food groups in particular, but the structure of reintroduction gives me a way to diversify what I'm eating without going overboard on anything. I think I need to avoid reintroducing sugar.

D29M3   1 1/2 turkey dogs w/mustard, sauerkraut, large sweet potato w/ghee & pss, pistachio nuts

Food:   Boy, I'm not sorry to see the last of those turkey dogs! In addition to being processed, they were not very tasty. I bought some groceries to cook meals with, but I was groggy today and didn't get around to any food prep.

Function:   Bad acid reflex tonight. 

D29S1   a bunch more pistachio nuts  :( 

D30M1   Sunnyside Salad (3 eggs in ghee over herb salad w/bv), 1/2 avocado, coffee w/coconut milk

Food:   I was looking for a new way to use eggs with an avocado because eggs were the only protein I had ready to go in my kitchen. But like 95% of Whole30ers, I was rather tired of eggs. NomNomPaleo's method of cooking eggs so that the bottoms are super crispy and the yolks still silky is wonderful, and those eggs on a green salad with a splash of balsamic vinegar is super tasty. Recommended!

Still going...? I'm done, baby! I made it through 30 whole days.

I only lost 4 1/2 pounds this go round, which is disappointing since I lost almost 7 pounds on my first Whole30. (I gained some of it back, so I don't get to total up the two losses). My clothes got a wee bit looser.

My biggest NSVs were:

• You are no longer a slave to sugar and carbs
  • You naturally have more variety, color, vitamins, and minerals in your diet 
  • and, weirdly enough... Longer, stronger nails!

The real test will be when I get my bloodwork done next month.

If you want to follow my re- reintroductions, I'm back to posting at http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/28157-chez-julie-post-whole30-log/

Thanks to everyone who made a comment during this round. It really helps!

Archived