Day 10 stomach pain, nausea

Greetings,

I know there has been quite a bit posted about stomach pain, but I'm not finding anything specific to what I am experiencing, so I am looking for someone to help me understand what is happening. 

I understand why people want to quit around day 10/11.  I'm feeling that way.  For the last 2 day I have experienced fairly significant stomach pains 2 hours on the nose after I eat.  It never happens right away, but it kicks in right at 2 hours.  I first noticed it on day 6 but it wasn't with every meal.  I had a little more discomfort on days 7 and 8.  Days 9 and 10 have been nausea and stomach pain.  And although this is TMI, it has been accompanied by foul smelling very loose stools. 

Previously I was feeling ok.  Starting to have energy level out and really beating the cravings. 

Rough daily meal plan:

B: 2-3 eggs scrambled plus sausage/ground beef, with some veggies (peppers, onions, etc) and potatoes (red or sweet)

L: Left over supper from the day before.  Yesterday was Thai curry (ISWF master recipe), today was left over Meatza.  Both days with a salad and Italian vinaigrette.

S:  last night,Meatza with peppers, onions, zucchini, olives, red sauce, and a salad.  Grapes for "dessert".  Today Wellfed2 Pina Colada Chicken with a salad. 

I am drinking around 80 oz of water/day. 

Possibly too much raw veggies?  I don't understand why the pain would hit 2 hours after I eat.  Tonight it built and built until I was nauseated. 

Thanks for the help.  I'm just discouraged. 

• Moderators

It might be raw vegetables if you're having a lot of them -- you can definitely try cooking all your vegetables for a while and see if that helps.

Are any of these things that you're eating now things that you didn't eat before? Or that you're now eating in much larger quantities than you have before?

Specifically, I'm wondering about the peppers, onions, regular potatoes, and tomatoes -- those are night shades and some people are sensitive to them. I'm not saying that's definitely what this is, but if you're eating a lot more of those than normal, it's something to consider.

Thanks for your thoughts.  Don't say nightshades!  I don't want it to be nightshades! 

Yes, I am eating more of them.  But I wouldn't say "a lot" more.  Really what there is more of is the spinach/kale/romaine in my salad mix.  Do you think that it could make that much difference to have more of them after only 10 days? 

The Thai curry had broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, onions.  No nightshades.  :unsure:

Please investigate FODMAPs. I have a terrible time with onions. :(

Edited to say: Before you dismiss this idea, understand that many people can tolerate a certain amount of FODMAPs -- it's when you start eating a lot of them that it really becomes a noticeable issue.

• Moderators

Sorry you are having trouble. You may benefit from a digestive enzyme. http://whole9life.com/2012/09/digestive-enzymes-101/

Also, please don't refer to or think of your grapes as "dessert". Dessert is explicitly out for your Whole30.

Fruit is fine to include with your meal, but even thinking of it as dessert is holding you back. For some of us sugar lovers, it's easier to abstain from fruit except as a condiment (ie Pina Colada chicken, currants tossed in cauliflower rice, apples with eggs and sausage, etc).

You are putting in the hard work, don't let the Sugar Dragon keep his foot in the door!

Archived