Weight Loss And Jitters

I know, I know.  I'm not supposed to weigh myself.  But when I noticed that my clothes were already fitting looser, I was curious.  So I stepped on the scale [content removed by moderator].  I'm also feeling really jittery, like blood sugar crashing.  I'm not hungry, I eat good protein rich meals and feel full after eating but the jitters and the weight loss is concerning.  Do I need to incorporate more fats maybe?

Please tell me this is normal?!  Or you can tell me I HAVE to eat a donut to feel better and I'll love you forever.

:)

That wouldn't be normal in 4 days, no, and with the jitters you describe I imagine you're not eating nearly enough food.

If you'd like to post what you have eaten over the past few days, indicating portion sizes, along with sleep/stress/activity levels we can take a look and see if you're on the right track.

Note that lack of salt may also be at play here, as may lack of water.... Are you drinking the recommended half an ounce of water per pound of body weight daily, and salting your food?

• Administrators

Hi,

First, you will notice that I edited out your comments on scale weight.  Not weighing is a rule on Whole30 and we don't permit folks to post blatant rule breaking because it does not do themselves justice and it may encourage others to do the same.  Please put the scale away.

Second, unfortunately no one is going to recommend donuts.  :)

Please post what you've been eating in the last few days (include portion sizes) as well as fluids, exercise, sleep, stress and anything else relevant like pregnancy/nursing or autoimmune/bowel conditions.  We can take a look and see if anything stands out.

Woops, sorry.  It wasn't a vanity thing...true health concern.  :(

All of my recipes come from the Whole 30 book.  2 - 3 Eggs in the AM with some sort of vegetable in them.  For lunch it's been leftover chili one day, the lettuce boats with avocado and chicken on Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 have been spinach salads with chicken and almond slices (other fruits and veggies).  Dinners have been Whole 30 Recipes all 4 days:  Chili, Chicken Primavera, Spaghetti Squash.

Fruit about 2x per day but recommended serving sizes.  Veggies with every meal.  Protein with every meal.

I've been eating almonds for a snack in between meals once a day to help with the jitters.

I'll make sure I'm adding salt.

TONS of water.  That is definitely not an issue for me.

• Moderators

I've been eating almonds for a snack in between meals once a day to help with the jitters.

And does this help?  If so, it's an indication that you are in fact not eating enough.  You don't list any portion sizes but for instance, lettuce boats for lunch have almost exactly zero vegetables unless you added more and didn't mention it.  Try leaving off the fruit and adding in more vegetables... if you have the appetite to eat fruit twice a day and a snack of nuts, you can assuredly eat more with your meals. 

Okay, thank you.  Morning and afternoon (during my meal) include one serving of fruit (I'm following the Meal Template for Whole 30) so that's where my fruit is coming in, and yes, I add a full serving of veggies on the side for every meal.

The snack of nuts is not for hunger, it's for the jitters.  I am full after every meal and am satisfied until the next one.  But I'll try to eat more...

thanks.

Other than nuts what fats have you been eating?

Other than the avocado mentioned in your lunch in day 2 I don't really see any...

Also, when eggs are your only source of protein a serving is the number of whole eggs you can hold in one hand, which 3-4 for most females. A small breakfast will have you playing catch up all day - add to that the cumulative effect of not eating enough and you may well see jitters...

• Moderators

Okay, thank you.  Morning and afternoon (during my meal) include one serving of fruit (I'm following the Meal Template for Whole 30) so that's where my fruit is coming in, and yes, I add a full serving of veggies on the side for every meal.

The snack of nuts is not for hunger, it's for the jitters.  I am full after every meal and am satisfied until the next one.  But I'll try to eat more...

thanks.

Does the snack of nuts help relieve the jitters?

Archived