Lunch today

katkan9

I'm not currently doing a whole30, but I eat mainly whole30 during the work week. I have a work lunch today and I know they will order Jimmy Johns. Is it crazy to bring my own lunch? Or should I be flexible especially because I'm not doing a whole30? Or should I try to encourage them to order something else?  I checked and they only have sandwich options. What would you do?

If you can place an order at JJ, you can order a breadless sandwich - they wrap the sandwich filling in lettuce. 

True, but the lunch meat at places like that is not really good either (certainly not whole30 compliant). I bring my own lunch to stuff like this. all. the. time. people have gotten used to it. so it isn't really a big deal anymore.

Yeah, I always assume that nothing will be edible for me with my celiac and bring my own foods. If there is something I can have (fruit or veggie tray usually) it's just a bonus above and beyond what I'm already going to eat.

I suggested the breadless sandwich since she said she wasn't on a Whole 30, so it would be up to her whether the meat would be something she'd be willing to eat or not.

Archived