Whole 30 DAY 1 - November 9

Jackie_whole30

It isn't the 1st of the month, or after the new year. It is just a random day in the Month of November. Yes, I know it will interfere with Thanksgiving, but I am OK with that. (You can eat pie any day of the year)

I bought my WHOLE30 book along with "It Starts With Food" over 2 months ago, and have tried and failed about 5x since trying to start the Whole30. I did get married in September and honeymooned shortly after in Italy. I now have no more excuses! So this time I am putting my all into completing the next 30 days. 

That means being involved with online community, listening to healthful minded podcasts daily, and prepping food throughout the week. Any suggestions, feedback, or working with anyone else starting today will be helpful. 

Thanks!

Jackie 

Welcome!!!!

A couple of ideas for you:

Take things one meal at a time, one day at a time. String 30 days of this  together an you have a whole 30!

Prepare foods ahead of time.  Having prepared foods on hand with save your butt during those days that you are: oh-my-goodness-I-am-so-tired-and-now-I-need-to-cook? #AllIwantisasliceofpizza

Write down your reasons for doing a whole 30 and post them on your fridge as a reminder.

Write down an action plan when a craving hits what will you do to distract yourself?  So ideas are: do your nails, take a bubble bath, go for a walk, do push ups, buy a magazine (works while you are in a grocery store and a craving hits), call a friend for a chat....

And me. I bought both books a couple of weeks ago. Dropped myself in gently to get a feel for it. I tried a few of the recipes - tasty and very generous portions, enough for lunch leftovers the next day and have taken to black tea and coffee. So, like you, for no particular reason, decided that today was the day to throw myself into it. Good luck.

Day 1 for me as well. I completed one at the beginning of the year and lost weight but it has been a rough year and I have gained it back and more. I ghve tried doing a whole 30 numerous times and now am going to post to stay accountable. Good luck and as I am going to remind myself is its only 30 days!

This is day 1 of my whole 21, I completed a whole 30 in August and I'm going for three weeks of complete compliance as prevention against festive food madness... I know if I go into December on top form I'm less likely to descend into good chaos through Christmas....I've never reintroduced much, except wine, which is a good reason to remind myself of the benefits of abstinence before party season kicks in.

Enjoy everyone!

Thanks for all of the feedback! 

Today is Day 2:

I know that one of the main things Melissa speaks to is about not snacking. Having the three main meals and feeling satisfied. I did not go off plan today, but I did have plaintain chips and dried mango. The mango was unsweetened, just plain old dehydrated mango.. I did probably have more than I should have. Is this OK? Also, the plaintain chips are just dehydrated nothing added, just some salt. 

Other than that, I had an awesome breakfast of avocado and eggs- chicken and spinach for lunch. Dinner is going to be chicken breast with kale and some sweet potato after my SPIN class.

Hope everyone else is having a great day 2!

That means being involved with online community, listening to healthful minded podcasts daily, and prepping food throughout the week. Any suggestions, feedback, or working with anyone else starting today will be helpful. 

Thanks!

Jackie 

Go, go, go ladies (I think it was all ladies chiming in; my apologies to any gentlemen).  Jackie, I think you answered your own question about suggestions!

Sounds like you're all doing great!  And glad to hear I'm not the only one doing less than a "perfect" Whole30 - you can check out my experience in the Community section. I highly encourage you all the maintain logs there - it's great for accountability and you'll be proud when you look back and have it all in one place (a-ha, I did have a suggestion!).

Cheers,

-Lauren (GGG)

Looks like we all started on the same random-ass day. How is everyone feeling? I am feeling pretty good for the dreaded Day 2. Having a bit of trouble concentrating? Anyone else?

I'm looking for some online support since I'm doing this solo and don't know anyone (in real life :) that has done this.

Aloha, 
K

Aloha right back atcha, Special K!

I felt great on Day 2 but . . . and . . . My week is really front loaded with work Mon - Wed. I actually think the end of the week and weekend will be more challenging, when I have time to think about food.

That said, I feel noticeably happier and more energetic without what had become an ever increasing sugar consumption.

Archived