AIProtocol

misslindy

Hello

I have completed 60 days of W30 and think there is a deeper issue so have started the AI protocol.

I am wondering: are yellow butter beans banned for this (I had been eating a lot of green beans)

may I use coconut flour

am wondering if I could use barley water/barley coffee?

Have only done two days of this and am noticing some differences, but my sleep has not been good the past two nights so hoping that will change--it was so good before on the straight W30.

Many thanks

L

Are you doing AIP within the context of a Whole30, or doing regular AIP now that you've done a Whole30(60)?

Oh, didn't realize there was a difference. I guess I am doing within the context of Whole 30. But am open to suggestion if anyone thinks I should do something different.

Barley water and barley coffee are not Whole30 compliant, as barley contains gluten.

It looks like yellow butter beans are equivalent to lima beans, which are a legume, which would make them also not compliant for a Whole30.

Coconut flour can be used in the appropriate context. Per the Can I Have Guide to the Whole30: "You can use it in place of breadcrumbs in your meatballs, to dredge a piece of chicken, or to thicken a sauce or stew.  You may not use it for Paleo baking—to make muffins, pancakes, bread, cupcakes, cookies, waffles, biscuits, tortillas, pizza crust, or anything of that nature. We call those recipes Sex With Your Pants On (SWYPO) foods, and they are expressly off-limits during your Whole30." - See more at: http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/#sthash.kM5h4ZZw.dpuf

Thanks, Chris. I thought I had look everywhere for the answer. I will leave the butter beans out, as well as Barley water. Will try them when I do reintro. I am hoping I can have green beans again, as well as yellow ones.

I had intended to use the coconut flour for meat patties, at the moment I have used coconut flakes which are okay, flour might be easier.

I had intended to use the coconut flour for meat patties, at the moment I have used coconut flakes which are okay, flour might be easier.

Have you tried leaving out the coconut anything for the meat patties?  I find I don't need a binder like this for patties.

Have you tried leaving out the coconut anything for the meat patties?  I find I don't need a binder like this for patties.

Okay, will do and see what happens. Just thought is would be a bit of a change in taste so not something I was desperate to include. I have little interest in cooking and stick to basically the same old so thought I might jazz it up a bit. I used to put an egg in but with AI can't do that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I don't use a binder in my patties either.  The one thing I do find is that ground beef can tend to be a bit dense so I usually mix 1# each of ground beef and ground pork for a nicer texture.  Still no binder though.  :)

Archived