Done but feeling sick!

Irene30

Hi All!

I've been done with my whole 30 for 3 days now and I just don't feel so great. The first day after I had a little bit of a chocolate Babka and that made me vomit all night. I don't have much appetite when I am eating but I feel hungry. 

I mostly keep eating like I was still on the Whole 30 but I'll have a bit of a cookie or a small piece of bread. What's going wrong !!!! 

Also, my periods are a week late, I've seen that few pf us are experimenting this as well but it concerns me a bit. 

Tonight is NYE and I am just scared of eating anything that is not compliant and I am not even thinking about getting drunk!!

Please help !!

Thanks a lot, 

Irene

Thats what I thought but the only thing is that I have never been intolerant to gluten ever. I started the whole 30 because I have endometriosis and my gastro told me that he could help relieve the period pain ....

Can a gluten intolerance appear in just a month ? Can it be the too much sugar ? 

Like Brewer5 said, you don't know what the specific issue is unless you test ingredients separately.  

Tonight, you might want to avoid gluten, dairy and sugar. When you're ready, I'd suggest resuming 100% Whole30 eating until you feel like you did at the end of Day 30. Then do reintro testing of at least these ingredients. Separate out one day for gluten (without sugar), resume 100% Whole30 for 2 days, and then test dairy (without sugar), go back to Whole30 for 2 days, and then test sugar. 

Thats what I thought but the only thing is that I have never been intolerant to gluten ever. I started the whole 30 because I have endometriosis and my gastro told me that he could help relieve the period pain ....

Can a gluten intolerance appear in just a month ? Can it be the too much sugar ? 

Dr. David Perlmutter says we are ALL sensitive to gluten.  I have never (ever) found one compelling reason for us to keep it in our diets.

After removing something for 30 days and giving your body a chance to do some healing and repair work... sometimes it will tell you quite clearly:  "That does not do good things for us."  

Yes, this happens.  Frequently.  It doesn't mean that the Whole 30 ~made~ you sensitive -- it means it helped reveal a sensitivity that you did not even know you had.

Gluten: pasta, crackers, bread

Dairy: milk, yogurt, cheese

Sugar: white sugar added to coffee or sprinkled on top of fruit. Or test whatever you'd like to eat in the future, or are curious about, that contains sugar (if it has dairy or gluten, you'll have already tested those ingredients). 

I was really surprised to find I had reactions to gluten, I kept reintroducing over and over, hoping I was wrong, but it actually makes me pretty sick.

It might feel "new" but not everyone has the same kind of symptoms. I ate wheat my entire life, but docs are now pretty sure I'm a celiac, but I can't complete the "challenge" test (I get too sick from the gluten). It totally mucks up my cycle too.

Bread or pasta are good tests for gluten, but go easy if it's making you vomit. I don't get gastro symptoms the way others do, but I get a very scary change to my heartbeat, so if you feel unwell, just stop eating it [Funny from my doc "we're trying to diagnose you, not kill you"].

Cream is a good one for dairy, just check it has no additives. Some people who are sensitive to gluten are also sensitive to dairy, so go easy to start with.

For sugar you could just add some pure table sugar into a salad dressing.

Make sure you give yourself a break before reintroducing more things, if you're still feeling sick.

The Whole30 has taught us we don't need gluten. It only occurs in processed food with little nutritional value, yes I'm including bread, pasta, and cereal in that. I have Celiac disease and I have to be extremely careful that there is no cross contamination so foods processed in a plant that also processes wheat, rye or barley are out for me. It lurks in everything - bagged shredded cheese is coated in flour to keep it from sticking, it's added to salad dressing. Read labels, you'll be amazed!

Archived