Tummy troubles

Hi. I'm on day 12. I've had a "loose" stomach/ bathroom the last couple of days. Is this normal this far into it? I would have thought if I got like this from mending my gut it would have been earlier. I'm eating all compliant foods. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I've had a chili recipe I made, over spaghetti squash for several meals.  I'm wondering if that could be the cause, though obviously, no beans were in there.  I've had eggs, compliant bacon, sweet potato, butternut squash, beef, snap peas, salads, slaw,chicken, brussel sprouts.  Fats have been avocado oil, olive oil.  Meals are probably bit smaller than guidelines say, but not by much.  Drink about 2 cups coffee a day, and I'd say 5- 6 8 oz glasses a day.  

• Administrators

Is spaghetti squash a regular thing for you? Personally, it upsets my stomach something fierce. Maybe try cutting that out and see how you do? Anything else that you might be eating a lot of that you wouldn't normally?

• Moderators

I've had a chili recipe I made, over spaghetti squash for several meals.  I'm wondering if that could be the cause, though obviously, no beans were in there.  I've had eggs, compliant bacon, sweet potato, butternut squash, beef, snap peas, salads, slaw,chicken, brussel sprouts.  Fats have been avocado oil, olive oil.  Meals are probably bit smaller than guidelines say, but not by much.  Drink about 2 cups coffee a day, and I'd say 5- 6 8 oz glasses a day.

It's difficult to tell the portions of what you're eating but all the ingredients look good... Like Ladyshanny said, I would take a look at anything that you're eating a great deal more of than usual (avocado, sweet potatos etc...) and if there's something like that that stands out, try removing it for a few days and see how you do.

I would also recommend you drastically increase your water intake unless you only weight 80 pounds... our recommendation for water intake is 1/2oz for every pound of body weight so your 5-6 8oz glasses would be good for someone 80 pounds or less.

Sounds like you're eating lots of great, compliant foods and vegetables with a high fiber content (that's a good thing!).  However, if your body is not accustomed to so much fiber, it can impact your stools.  Brussels sprouts are notorious for causing flatulence, as well.  As mentioned above, certain sources of fat seem to get things "moving" more than others.

Apples and bananas can have a "binding" effect, if you choose to incorporate fruit along with veg as part of an overall template meal.  Just be careful that the natural sweetness of fruit can cause increased cravings for sugar.

Cheers,

-Lauren (GGG)

Archived