Seltzer?

Vancitytravelmum

Also some of those "concentrates" are really sneaky sugars, especially when it's a concentrate added to water.

Compliant Kombucha is another option, if you're looking to switch things up.

Or put pieces of fruit in your drink, I totally love strawberries like this :D Perfect when they're a bit past their best.

Thanks for asking this -- as Grace's response helps me.  I am a diet coke addict and haven't had any this week but i am a diet coke never having actual water.  so i am feaning and was going to try plain seltzer and add the strawberries, lemon and mint i have been adding to my water this week, to see if maybe if what i am missing is the burst of bubbles livening things up.

• Moderators

Thanks for asking this -- as Grace's response helps me.  I am a diet coke addict and haven't had any this week but i am a diet coke never having actual water.  so i am feaning and was going to try plain seltzer and add the strawberries, lemon and mint i have been adding to my water this week, to see if maybe if what i am missing is the burst of bubbles livening things up.

As an ex-CokeZero addict, I completely understand wanting to replace your soda with something else bubbly, which is definitely okay. However, I would caution you that it's not really sustainable and you should (yes, the dreaded 'should') start figuring out how you like to drink plain (still) water. Put a pitcher in the fridge and see if you like it icy cold. Put some on the counter and see if you prefer it warm. Try it with ice cubes and without. Try it out of a fancy glass, a gym bottle, a tea cup etc... real, plain water from nature cannot be substituted and as adults, we all need to figure out how we like to consume it and then drink it... 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight... yes, some of that can be bubbly but the majority of it should be plain. Also, bear in mind, sparkling water can cause bloat and gas... which if you're used to drinking bubbles you might not notice...

Archived