Veggie soup- how much is a serving?

• Moderators

I make a pot of soup every time I cook a whole chicken to make use of the broth. Mine is normally cauliflower, carrots, and onions although I substituted cabbage for cauliflower recently because I had cabbage. 

I typically drink three mugs of soup when I am trying to make it a meal. Based upon my mugs, that means about 36 ounces of soup. I typically eat a can of tuna or a can of sardines with the soup. Even so, I am often hungry 2 hours later. It is easy to eat veggies through soup, but it is hard to stay satisfied eating a meal that is predominantly composed of soup.

I'm not much of a veggies-for-breakfast person, at least yet. The only way I have found to get them down is via blended soups. Just wondering how much I MUST eat to be considered a template meal. As of now I don't really get hungry until lunchtime anyway, this is more about me forcing myself to eat in the morning to hopefully adjust my hormones and change that.

I'm not much of a veggies-for-breakfast person, at least yet. The only way I have found to get them down is via blended soups. Just wondering how much I MUST eat to be considered a template meal. As of now I don't really get hungry until lunchtime anyway, this is more about me forcing myself to eat in the morning to hopefully adjust my hormones and change that.

If you are hitting all your food groups and you are satiated until your next meal (4-6 hours) than you are doing great. If you start getting hungry earlier as your hormones adjust than adjust your servings accordingly. Remember the template is a recommendation...a means to helping you find the best servings for you and making sure you optimize your nutrition.

Archived