ugh...just really don't want to eat breakfast! Day 4

Jess30

I am doing pretty good, other than I think Im not getting enough fat. Gotta figure out how to get that in. (avacados dont agree with me:( 

But my biggest struggle is breakfast... I have zero interest in the morning... I would much rather have an early lunch and skip b-fast altogether... just not hungry! I know it says that means your cortizol is screwed up, so I am powering through it. Just have no interest.. bleh!

If you build it...it will come.   Eating breakfast within one hour of waking is the Whole 30 magic.  It will change everything.   

Honor your hunger. In the morning when your feet hit the floor.... run into the kitchen and make breakfast. Enjoy it before your mind knows what you're doing.  Within a few days or weeks it will become the best part of your routine.

It sets the tone for the entire day and night.    The body will adjust to eating your meals earlier.  There's no advantage to eating all of our meals later in the day when the metabolism is naturally slowing down towards evening.  

Breakfast timing.  It's the "simple" things that bring profound change. 

I was in the exact same boat as you! Just the idea of eating something within an hour of waking up used to make me really nauseous. 

But as MeadowLily said, just keep at it. I started with smaller-than-recommended template meals because I literally felt sick trying to eat a lot so soon after waking and I would have a protein/veggie snack ready just in case. I've discovered that sweet potatoes and I do not get along before noon. As I started feeling less queasy in the mornings (Day 10/11ish or so), I started adding a little more to my meal 1 and it's closer to a full template meal now on Day 22. This week I batch cooked an egg bake and butternut squash soup to have for breakfasts and I think that's something I'm going to stick with. I like soup in the morning! 

Cook up a template meal (or warm up some leftovers) and nibble through the protein, fat, and veggies until you feel full. Pack up whatever's left and have it if you get hungry before lunch time. Your body will adjust. Just give it time  :D

• Moderators

I am doing pretty good, other than I think Im not getting enough fat. Gotta figure out how to get that in. (avacados dont agree with me:( 

But my biggest struggle is breakfast... I have zero interest in the morning... I would much rather have an early lunch and skip b-fast altogether... just not hungry! I know it says that means your cortizol is screwed up, so I am powering through it. Just have no interest.. bleh!

Not wanting to eat in the morning is a self fullfilling prophecy that must be broken.  Not wanting to eat begets not eating begets not wanting to eat etc... 

If 'savory breakfast foods' are not doing it for you, how about leftovers from last night? Cold chicken and coleslaw?  That's a pretty benign flavor combination and also a bit creamy which might make it more palatable... it's really only a couple of days that you need to work hard at this... if you can eat the template meals within an hour of waking for 4 or 5 days, one morning you'll wake up hungry and whatever food you put on your plate will be great!  

You're definitely not the first and certainly not the last with this concern... Have a browse through other troubleshooting threads and you'll find great ideas on what other people have done to help them through the 'don't make me do breakfast, I don't wanna' phase :)

• Moderators

As far as the issue of more fat, you don't need avocado (altho I'm sorry they're the enemy :()

Olives, coconut, a generous slosh of olive oil on your food, fatty cuts of meat, home made mayo and mayo based sauces.  Basically fat is the stuff that brings the flavor so make up some mayo and enjoy!

www.meljoulwan.com and PlanksLoveandGuacamole (google her) have lots of good 'sauce' recipes... sunshine sauce for instance!  The. Bomb!

Archived