Riding my Own Bike: Accountability after Whole100/58

WholeMama623

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, Tina! Back to Disney World, and then we have a LONGGGG 18 months with no vacation at all. :(

Daughter has a double ear infection. This weekend we laid low and didn't leave other than picking up DD's medicine. She's feeling a lot better, but now DH and I are both battling sore throats! Seriously annoying. Happened last year before vacation too. :(

Ate JUNK this weekend. Not even sure I'm going to put large effort into eating much better this week, and will focus on it MAJORLY when we get back from vacation.

Well I can't "like" your daughter having a double ear infection! I'm glad she is feeling better but hope you guys aren't right behind her.

My eating has been pretty crappy, too. I'm trying to just eat "not junk" for the next little while rather than pretending I'm going to cook a lot from scratch, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

We are back. We've been back for about 11 days. We all got the stomach bug when we got back and I've been eating like crap. Not sure I'm ready to take on a whole30 right now, but I am trying to eat as well as I can, and *hangs head* I am counting my calories. Until I am eating good food, it's the only way to make sure I don't go overboard. I managed to gain NOTHING on vacation, so I'm happy with that.

I need to start training for my Half Marathon in September, but I can't bring myself to do it. My motivation has gone BYE BYE even though we walked 60 miles in Disney!

We are in sync again, as I hadn't posted anything since the 5th, and came back yesterday to start tracking again. I'm glad you're eating well, and also glad that you didn't get the stomach bug WHILE you were at Disney. Did you have a good time?  :)

How very weird !  I haven't been back much either -  I have done a whole 30 for today -  Oh crap  nope I made shepherd pie with corn, and I had that for lunch.  Everything else has been 30.   I have month and 1/2 until I go to FL - I have to get back down - I have managed to gain almost 10lbs ..grrrr

I'm sorry to hear everyone got sick :o   and I hope your vacation was good !

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks ladies, we had a wonderful time in Disney! We miss it sooooo much! We watned to try to get back next year, but money wise it wasn't going to happen. We are going to the beach next year.

Okay, in food news. I am dedicating myself to a Whole7 right now. I know that is not a whole30, but I'm really really off track and a whole30 seems really daunting right now, so I'm hoping a whole7 will be the kick start I need to get back on track, and hopefully I can extend it!

This past week (but mostly the weekend) was sooooo bad. Mexican food twice, all these crazy sugary starbucks drinks, Chipotle, SNOW CAPS and popcorn at the movies.. OMG. So so bad.

I've been so proud of myself. I'd lost almost 15 lbs since December, and now I know if I don't get my crap together, I'm going to undo that. Plus, summer is coming!! I want to look better, not worse.

So I hope you ladies will stick around. I'm just going to post here instead of doing another log.

Whole7/Day 1/ Meal 1

Of course we are super low on food at home, but i'll get by today with what I have.

Cup of black coffee

EPIC Bison bacon bar

Day1/Meal2

Paleo Quiche: Eggs/spinach/Ground beef/sweet potato - 2 big slices

black olives

Whole7/Day2/Meal 1

Black Coffee

handful of almonds (I know it's not the template, but I'm not a big breakfast girl)

Day2/Meal 2

left over baked chicken with roasted parsnips

cooked carrots

black olives

That is all I have right now. Not sure what will be for dinner tonight. I am up 3 lbs from where I had been sitting for awhile now, but I think a lot of it was all the salt from the popcorn this weekend and smoked salmon. I also ate an entire can of black olives yesterday which are also super salty. So, I need to tone down on the salt.

I've had no fruit at all, and nothing with any added sugar, so hoping that I can start kicking that sugar demon's butt. I haven't really been craving sugar, but carbs like rice, bread, and stuff like that. So pretty much, the same thing...

Whole7/Day3/Meal 1

Black coffee

Banana

Squeezy applesauce/ apple banana

Whole7/Day3/Meal 2

Chick drumstick

carrots

black olives

almonds

So far, so good. I have a major headache today and I'm guessing it's from starting to detox out all the crap. I sure hope that's all it is.

I am off work tomorrow and have follow up appointments with my Endocrinologist, and my GI. My girlfriend and I are going to red robin. I'm going to be get the burger with the dippy egg over lettuce and get some veggies. Should be good enough. Since this isn't "official" I'm not worrying too much about oils and stuff.

Okay, I'm back. again.

I just keep eating like crap. I'm bloated, my face is a wreck, and I feel awful.

Here are today's goals:

* no grains

* no dairy (just realized I was out of ghee and put regular butter on my peas for lunch.. so that won't happen)

* no processed anything

* drink 8 cups of water

* exercise in SOME way for at least 30 minutes.

So basically, paleo.

I found some Silk Almond Milk Creamer that I've been using in my coffee and it's pretty good, but I might have to stop buying it when it's gone. I  am completely capable of drinking it black.

Hi there !  Glad to read that you are back !   Today was going to be a start of a whole 30 and I had a cookie - so today is practice day 1. Tomorrow I will start officially (again)  I can accomplish this before leaving on my FL trip on June 20.   Hope to see more posts !

• 2 weeks later...

Archived