JulieP's Non-Whole 30 Log

JulieP757

I slept in until 9:30 this morning - like 10 hours of sleep.  I had put the room darkening curtains up last night and the house was cool and quiet.  I'm surprised I'm not still sleeping :)  It took about an hour to cook up the breakfast hash and I didn't start it until 10.  Since I am running so late, I decided to skip M1.  I'll have an extra hearty M2 w a big serving of the breakfast hash topped with 4 eggs.  That should hold me til dinner.  I hate getting off schedule - it will really screw me up come Monday when I have to work again.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, my eyes were definitely bigger than my stomach.  I added a whole avocado for fat to my brunch and I ate all of that, but only was able to eat about 2/3 of the breakfast hash and eggs.  I'll save it in case I get hungry before dinner tonight.

I did end up having the rest of my M1 late in the afternoon.  M3 is blackened grouper topped w the best batch of homemade mayo I've made to date - tastes just like Hellmann's - about 1/3 of a baked potato w ghee and roasted veggies (green beans, carrots, cauliflower, yellow squash)

M1 - leftover blackened grouper, 1/3 leftover baked potato sautéed until crispy in ghee and roasted veggies. Black coffee

M2 - same as M1 with about a cup of coleslaw mixed w homemade mayo

M3 - huge salad w spinach kale, brussels sprouts, broccoli, green pepper, cherry tomatoes, a whole avocado and a hamburger patty. Topped w homemade vinaigrette and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and apple juice sweetened cranberries.

I'm ready for my clothes not to be tight.

What a miserable HANGRY day. I toughed it out and did not snack and M3 was late because we were upgrading our phones at the Verizon store. I felt like I needed meat and potatoes, so I had ribeye steak, a small sweet potato w coconut oil and roasted veggies w ghee. Hoping all that fat helps make me satisfied. I am contemplating eating either a peach or some cantaloupe.

M1 was breakfast hash cooked in coconut oil topped w 2 over easy eggs

M2 was a large salad w kale, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, green pepper, tomato, cucumber and half an avocado topped w homemade vinaigrette and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries. For protein, I ate a large serving of West African stew.

Yesteday's M3 was ribeye steak, small baked sweet potato w coconut oil and roasted veggies

Today was a SUPER HUNGRY DAY.  I was miserable until about 3 pm when I finally got full.

M1 - 7 :30 am - generous serving of breakfast hash (about 2 cups) topped w 3 over easy eggs all cooked in a Tbsp of ghee, black coffee

M2- 11:30 - 2 roasted chicken thighs, 3 cups of roasted veggies and a heaping Tbsp of ghee

M3- 2:30 - 2 more roasted chicken thighs, about 1/2 cup green olives, a small sweet potato w a generous tablespoon of coconut oil and 1/4 cup coconut. I FINALLY felt satisfied after this meal. Good thing, because I attended a funeral service where there was a ton of noncompliant food.

Mini-meal 4-9:00- a few bites of leftover steak, about 1/2 cup roasted veggies and about 1/2 cup cantaloupe.

I drank a ton of water today to make sure I wasn't just thirsty. Hope tomorrow is a normal hunger day.

Oh I had a non-scale victory of sorts. I tried on a bunch of dresses getting ready for the funeral and was able to zip up several that I hadn't been able to zip up two months ago. I still felt like a stuffed sausage in most of them, but at least there is progress.

Well dinner out with the bf was an epic FAIL.  We went to a local seafood place that we have been to before and I got a salad that was described on the menu as shrimp and crabmeat on top of greens with veggies.  No mention whatsoever of cheese.  I have had this salad before and it was a nice green salad with cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion topped with seafood.  I even brought my own dressing so I'd be 100% compliant.  About 2 bites into it, I noticed something that looked like shredded parmesan cheese.  The restaurant was super busy - no sign of our waitress, so I ate the seafood off the top and the cucumber and tomato.  I think I may have had a shred or two of parmesan before I noticed it, which makes me very unhappy.  They took it off the check and offered to make me another salad, but it was late.  I'm glad I had half a sweet potato and some olives before we went out.  Just had two bites of tuna and half an avocado because my stomach was growling. Oh well - I tried.  I already know cheese is a problem for me, so I didn't ruin any reintroduction effort.  I'll just continue on.

No ill effects from the possible ingestion of two shreds of parmesan.

Yesterday's food - 

Breakfast hash and 3 eggs cooked in co, black coffee w co

Roasted chicken thighs, 3 cups roasted veggies, 1/2 c olives

Spaghetti squash, meat sauce made w lots of ground turkey, fresh peach

Today's food
Breakfast hash and 3 eggs cooked in co, black coffee w co
Spaghetti squash, meat sauce made w lots of ground turkey, side of roasted veggies and a few olives

Salad w kale, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cucumber, tomato, roasted chicken and avocado dressed w homemade vinaigrette and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries.

Breakfast hash, 3 eggs, black coffee w co

Spaghetti squash, meat sauce made w lots of ground turkey, side of roasted veggies and a few olives

Salad w kale, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cucumber, tomato, roasted chicken and avocado dressed w homemade vinaigrette and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries.

I spent the day in the pool - literally in it because the heat index was about 110 degrees. The water resistance actually made my back feel a little better and I got a lot of sun.

M2 was spaghetti squash topped w meat sauce made with lots of ground turkey and a side of roasted veggies. I stirred a tbsp of coconut oil into the whole mess.

It was time to eat dinner when I got out of the pool, but I had errands to run. I had about half a chicken thigh, a handful of olives and a cherry pie Larabar. Yeah - I could have done without the Larabar.

Later, I made a salad topped with the other one and a half chicken thighs, but I could only eat about half of it. I'm done for the day.

Hunger is off - probably due to a combination of heat and back pain.

M1/M2 - breakfast hash cooked in co w 4 overeasy eggs, a whole avocado, black coffee

M3 - grilled pork chop, roasted veggies, potatoes sauteed in coconut oil

M1 - breakfast hash w 2 over easy eggs cooked in coconut oil, black coffee

M2 - about 2 c spaghetti squash with generous serving of ground turkey meat sauce, whole avocado

M3 - I'm thinking hot dogs topped w homemade chili and homemade coleslaw

I spent my lunch hour on a float in the community pool. Came back and could not dial into work. The network had been wonky all day and when I called the help desk, he told me he had fielded hundreds of calls about the dial in issue (there are a lot of teleworkers at my company). I tried for an hour and finally gave up. Texted my boss and told him I was taking a half day of vacation (he told me just go have fun - I LOVE him). I got back in the pool until 4 pm. Then I ran a few errands, whipped up some beanless chili, chopped a head of cabbage, a bell pepper and some onion and grated a couple of carrots and made a big batch of slaw mix. Made regular slaw dressing for the kids and a batch of mayo and salad dressing for me. Made a batch of ghee, roasted 6 chicken thighs and prepped the usually green beans, cauliflower, carrots and squash for roasting. WHEW! Good thing I had the afternoon off with so much to do!

Food today:

> M1 was breakfast hash and 3 over easy eggs cooked in coconut oil
> M2 - about 2 c spaghetti squash with generous serving of ground turkey meat sauce w a tbsp of coconut oil
> M3 - hot dogs topped w homemade chili and homemade coleslaw

Hope everyone has a delicious day!

Day 19 - Today's food

Breakfast hash and 2 eggs cooked in co, black coffee w co

2 organic hot dogs topped w homemade chili and homemade coleslaw

Day 20 - Today's food

Breakfast hash and 2 eggs cooked in co, black coffee w co

2 organic hot dogs topped w homemade chili and homemade coleslaw

I have slept like crap the past few nights.  Adding some sweet potato to M3 to see if that helps.  

Day 21 - Today's food

M1 - Breakfast hash and 3 eggs cooked in co, black coffee w co

M2 - Salad w kale, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cucumber, tomato, roasted chicken, half an avocado dressed w homemade vinaigrette and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries.

M3 - blackened salmon, couple cups of roasted veggies, baked sweet potato (about 1/2 cup) with coconut oil.  Will probably drizzle some vinaigrette on the salmon for extra fat.

M3 - BIG salad w baby kale, cabbage, broccoli, brussels sprouts, carrots, cucumber, tomato, half an avocado, half a baked sweet potato, a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries and topped w baked chicken thigh. Dressed w my homemade vinaigrette. Delicious!

Day 23, M1  Delicious breakfast today.  I ran out of breakfast hash, so I had 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, a homemade sausage patty, slices of baked sweet potato sprinkled w cinnamon and sautéed in ghee until crunchy and half a cup of cantaloupe.  Black coffee.

Day 24 - Made a HUGE batch of breakfast hash last night - my favorite version: turnips, onions, red pepper, baby bella mushrooms, kale and spinach.  I added some sausage to my M1 this morning, along w 3 eggs, but I'll be adding chicken apple sausage to the whole batch tonight before I freeze portions.

M2 - salad w kale, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cucumber, red pepper, tomato, avocado, olives sprinkled w pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries and topped w roasted chicken thighs.  Dressed w homemade vinaigrette.

M3 - enchilada casserole topped w avocado, olives, lettuce and tomato, side of roasted veggies and sweet potato.

Archived