JulieP's Non-Whole 30 Log

JulieP757

Decided I should probably log my food in this Forum rather than the WF30 one since I'm not really following a true WF30 at the moment.

Was going to IF today (I did yesterday), but woke up with a wicked sinus headache and needed some food in my stomach to be able to take meds.  M1 - about 3/4 cup roasted spaghetti squash w about 1/2 cup meat sauce and black coffee.

Off to do the errands and grocery shopping.  

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slept another 9 hours.  This is becoming a trend.  I fully expected my migraine to come back after the meds wore off (they last 12 hours), but so far so good.  M1 was a 3 egg omelette w onions, red peppers and mushrooms cooked in ghee w 2 c black coffee.

I made a special trip across town last night to the Harris Teeter to get some skin on organic chicken thighs.  They had rows and rows of the skinless version.  I spoke to the guy at the meat counter and asked if they had any in back.  He said the skin on chicken thighs were their most popular Smart Chicken item.  I said I totally get that - people probably want to make Cracklin Chicken, so why are you out of them?  Why haven't you increased your ordering to meet demand?  I made a special trip over here for those and it's highly irritating to find you don't have any.  Anyhow, I ordered a case of them - 8 packages of 4 thighs each.  They will be here on Wednesday.  Now I don't know what to make for Sunday dinner :(

The migraine came back with a vengeance and I think it's a symptom of the stomach virus I apparently have.  I've had horrible stomach pains for the past two hours and now diarrhea.  I managed to pull some chicken broth out of the freezer between episodes.  I think that's all I'll be having today.

Well, my range died last night.  I had put potatoes in to bake and 10 minutes later I heard this incessant beeping.  There was an error code flashing and the oven was on full blast and would not turn off - we had to throw the breaker.  The pan the potatoes were on is black and ruined.  The potatoes weren't far behind.  It smelled like burning plastic in the kitchen too - I swear it was going to catch on fire.  I ordered a stainless steel double oven that I've wanted forever.  It will be here on Saturday.  In the meantime, I'm using a NuWave induction cooker the kids bought off an infomercial.  And I was on my deck grilling chicken at 6 am in my jammies.  My neighbors must think I'm nuts.  I think I can limp along using the NuWave, grill and microwave til the weekend.

Food today:

M1 - turnips topped w 3 scrambled eggs and 1/3 of an avocado, black coffee

M2 - salad of baby greens and kale, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, tomato, olive and avocado topped w grilled chicken and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.  Had one Tbsp of cashew butter.
M3 - kalua pig, broccoli and sweet potato w ghee

Rough few days.  Haven't felt well at all and worked 12+ hours a day at work :(  Finally made it to Patient First today and I have bronchitis.  That was good news- I seriously thought it was pneumonia.  Got some antibiotics and albuterol.  They did a nebulizer albuterol treatment and finally I have started coughing that stuff up.  My chest has felt like an elephant was standing on it.

Eating has been off the past couple of days.  Not as hungry as I usually am.  M1 was about half a portion of carnitas and a few bites of broccoli w ghee.  About 8 hours later, I had the other half portion of carnitas w a couple bites of sweet potato.  I did manage a full dinner of 2 crackin chicken thighs, 1/2 cup sweet potato w ghee and a salad w lots of veggies.

I have been getting  my sleep in.  Got 11 hours last night and close to 9 hours every day this week. Heading to bed now and hoping to feel a lot better in the morning.

Oh boy it's Lent again.  I'll be eating a whole lot of fish.

M1- 3 egg omelette w onions, spinach and mushrooms cooked in ghee, black coffee

M2 & M3 big salad of baby greens and spinach, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, broccoli, avocado and tomato topped w a can of tuna dressed w lemon juice and olive oil. Added about 1/3 of a baked sweet potato w ghee for M3. And I had a really small apple with cinnamon w M2.

M1 - breakfast hash topped w 3 scrambled eggs, black coffee

M2- big salad w baby greens, spinach, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, broccoli, half an avocado topped w chicken and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds and dressed w EVOO and balsamic
M3- chicken, sauted zucchini and about 1/2 c of sweet potato w ghee

My new double oven range was delivered today.  Thank goodness.  Cooking on a NuWave burner (1), gas grill and crockpot only has been challenging.

M1  - 4 egg onion, mushroom, red pepper and spinach omelette w a couple slices of sautéed sweet potatoes. Cooked on my new range! It totally rocks.

M2 - Avocado smoothie w whey powder.  Made w full fat coconut milk and either vanilla bean powder or cocoa powder.

Pre- body pump class - 1 or 2 HB eggs

M3 - salmon patties w some sort of veg or salad.

I did not feel like cooking dinner tonight. How sad is that - I get my new range and I don't feel like using it. I'm beginning to think the antibiotics they gave me aren't doing squat - or it's viral.  Anyhow, I got Outback takeout. Plain mahi w steamed veggies. Came home and put some ghee and lemon on it and it was really tasty. I might go have a small dish of cherries too. My throat is sore and frozen fruit sounds good.

M1 -more like brunch than breakfast, largely due to me sleeping until 9 am.  Had 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, 3 thin pc bacon and half an orange.  Still feeling incredibly crappy.  If I'm not miraculously healed by Monday, I'm going back to the doctor.  I don't think the Doxycycline he prescribed is doing anything other than giving me terrible vertigo.

Made some mayo and then made some chicken salad w celery, apple, toasted walnuts and dried cranberries (sweetened w apple juice). Had about a cup of chicken salad and a cup of sautéed zucchini for M2.  I did a taste test between the canola oil Hellman's mayo the kids like and my homemade version using lemon juice, dried mustard and avocado oil and I think I actually like my version better.  I don't know why the kids won't eat it.

M3 was super meaty spaghetti sauce on top of roasted spaghetti squash.  I added ground sirloin and hot italian sausage to Rao's tomato basil sauce - delish.  Had a few frozen cherries w a couple Tbsp coconut milk and a sprinkle of coconut too.  Really satisfying meal on this bitter cold night.

So cold here in SE VA.  12 degrees when I got up this morning w a high of 26.  I thought I lived in the South :(

M1 - breakfast hash (turnips, onions, mushrooms, red pepper, spinach and roasted pepper and spinach chicken sausage) topped w 3 scrambled eggs, black coffee

M2- spinach salad topped w a sprinkle of shredded carrots, red pepper, tomato, broccoli and avocado and topped with the chicken salad I made yesterday (boy is THAT good!).

M3 - will be more roasted spaghetti squash topped w meaty sauce.  I can hardly wait.

Made a big pot of chicken bone broth.  Cleaned my freezer out yesterday and realized I had several bags of bones taking up space.  Nothing like a mug of chicken bone broth on a cold day.

M1- was starved this morning. 3 1/2 scrambled eggs on top of breakfast hash w 3 pc of bacon. Black coffee

M2 - spaghetti squash w meaty sauce

M3 - the last of the chicken salad, 1/2 a baked sweet potato w ghee and a mug of chicken bone broth

M1 - breakfast hash w 3 over easy eggs

M2 - spaghetti squash topped w meat sauce and small salad of spinach, carrots, red pepper, cucumber and avocado w EVOO and balsamic

M3 - pot roast, half a sweet potato w ghee and roasted green beans.

I called Patient First last night and told them I had finished the antibiotics the doctor had prescribed and I was not one iota better and I was still needing to use the inhaler a couple times a day.  They prescribed a course of steroids and I was skeptical, but I feel so much better today.  I think I might finally be on the mend.

Yesterday's food

M1 - breakfast hash w 3 over easy eggs

M2 - spaghetti squash topped w meat sauce and small salad of spinach, carrots, red pepper, cucumber and avocado w EVOO and balsamic

M3 - pot roast, half a sweet potato w ghee and roasted green beans.

Today's food

M1 - breakfast hash topped w 3 scrambled eggs

M2 spaghetti squash topped w meat sauce

M3 - spinach salad w carrots, cucumber, broccoli, avocado topped w kalua pig and dressed w EVOO and balamic; 1/2 a baked sweet potato w ghee

Another Friday during Lent:

M1 - 4 eggs scrambled in ghee, 1 small baked sweet potato, sliced, sprinkled w cinnamon and sautéed in ghee and half an avocado

M2 - Chocolate avocado smoothie (vanilla whey powder sweetened w stevia, half an avocado, 2/3 cup coconut milk, 1 Tbsp dark cocoa).

M3 - baked salmon, spaghetti squash w ghee and roasted cauliflower

Still feel like total crap.  I thought the steroids were working, but I'm hacking up a lung and feeling like dog poo again.  I feel so bad, I want to take a nap and I never sleep during the day.  Just waiting for the repair guy to stop by and then I'm going to snooze.  If I am not better by Monday, I'm going back to the doctor.

Slept forever last night - like 11 hours.  Guess I really needed it.  Too soon to tell if I actually feel better or not.

M1 - 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, 3 pc bacon, 2 slices of baked sweet potato sautéed in ghee and a couple cups of roasted cauliflower.  Black coffee.

Clearly I still have an appetite :).

M2 - the last of the spaghetti squash and meat sauce

M3 - big salad of baby greens, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, red pepper, cucumber, olives and half an avocado topped with a burger and dressed w "russian" dressing made w homemade mayo and a Tbsp of organic ketchup.  Also had about 3/4 cup frozen cherries w a couple Tbsp of coconut milk and a sprinkle of coconut and almonds.

M1 - breakfast hash topped w 3 over easy eggs, half an avocado and half a ruby red grapefruit

M2 - kalua pig, a couple of wedges of roasted kabocha squash and a cup of golden pepper soup, which was actually pretty tasty.

http://eatdrinkbetter.com/2016/01/18/golden-bell-pepper-soup-from-eating-clean/

Dinner is going to be pork tenderloin w a cherry plum sauce that's to die for (but which contains sugar, so I'll only have a Tbsp), haricots vertes and probably another wedge of squash

Archived