JulieP's Non-Whole 30 Log

JulieP757

Slept like the dead last night.  Good thing, since I had to be up at 4:30 am today.  And I woke up hungry - really hungry.  Had a rough day yesterday.  I was tired and super hormonal.  Had chocolate cravings for hours that would not go away.  I finally succumbed and ate a hershey bar :(  And then finally, the cravings went away. I don't think yesterday's night sweats had anything to do w dairy.  Just having a really bad bout of "PMS".  It's been a while since it's been this bad, but now I remember how awful it can be.  I am better prepared today in case the cravings come back.  I wonder if this will ever stop.  My hormone levels indicate I am in menopause and have been for a while, so why are my ovaries still kicking?   It's got to get better at some point.

M1 -big portion of breakfast hash (ground pork, onions, mushrooms, turnips, pepper, spinach) topped w 3 over easy eggs, black coffee

M2 - big salad of baby greens and spinach, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, pepper, cucumber, radish,roasted beets, tomato and avocado topped w kalua pig and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.

M3 - carnitas, baked japanese sweet potato w ghee, garlic roasted broccoli

I have another serving of baked japanese sweet potato w ghee if I need it.  It's going to be a long and stressful day.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M1 -big portion of breakfast hash (ground pork, onions, mushrooms, turnips, pepper, spinach, sweet potato) topped w 2 over easy eggs, half a small avocado, black coffee

M2 - big salad of baby greens and spinach, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, pepper, cucumber, roasted beets, tomato and avocado topped w a burger and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.

M3 - carnitas, baked japanese sweet potato w ghee, garlic roasted broccoli

OMG - hormones are still torturing me.  Dripping sweat as I sit here typing.  Woke up drenched twice last night.

M1 -big portion of breakfast hash (ground pork, onions, mushrooms, turnips, pepper, spinach, sweet potato) cooked in ghee topped w 3 over easy eggs, black coffee

M2 & M3 (unimaginative today) - sauteed chicken breast topped w ghee and Frank's hot sauce, roasted cauliflower and sweet potato w ghee and a sprinkle of cinnamon, 1/2 an avocado.

Yeah - let's not talk about the "other" things I ate yesterday.  My date with Ben and Jerry last night was not a good idea.  I am so miserable from this hormonal episode.  Thank goodness these bouts are getting less and less frequent.  I hope they go away soon and never return.  The only way I can describe it is horrible PMS - aching, swollen abdomen (despite the absence of my uterus), swollen, tender boobs, extreme irritability, slight headache - I am not a pleasant person right now.  I'm not sleeping well at all due to waking up drenched multiple times each night.  Yesterday morning my hot flashes were so bad, I couldn't get my make up on before it started dripping off and my hair and clothes were soaked before I could get out of the house.  Talk about a nasty evil person - grrrrr.  Not feeling much better today, but at least I got to work from home.

M1 - egg salad made w 4 hb eggs and mayo, 1 1/2 cups of Golden Pepper soup

I saw an article on Facebook the other day about how to boil eggs and get them to peel right.  Up til now, I have tried just about everything, so I figured I'd give it a shot.  Bring a pot of water to a full boil.  Add eggs - cold out of the refrigerator - and turn the burner down to a simmer.  Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, depending how  dry you like your yolks (I did 11 minutes and they were cooked but moist). Immerse in an ice water bath.  Gently crack the shells and let them sit in the ice water bath at least a minute.  The shells come right off.  I was amazed.  I've tried it twice now and I am 2 for 2 getting it to work.

M2 - BIG salad baby greens, spinach, chard and kale, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, roasted beets, half an avocado, cubed baked sweet potato, cauliflower and broccoli topped w tuna in olive oil and dressed w lemon juice and avocado oil.

M3 - grilled salmon, small baked potato w ghee and garlic roasted broccoli.

I did a body pump class at 5:30.  Did not feel the need for a Pre or Post WO snack today.

M1 - breakfast hash (ground pork, onions, mushrooms, turnips, pepper, spinach, sweet potato) cooked in ghee topped w 3 over easy eggs, half an avocado and black coffee

M2 leftover burger patty w mayo and mustard, roasted cauliflower, garlic roasted broccoli, 2 bites of sweet potato, a cup of frozen cherries w coconut milk and sprinkled w coconut and almonds

Had a handful of cashews while out shopping. M3 is late, late, late tonight.  I got side tracked buying a new grill at Home Depot and it set me way behind schedule.  M3 is a salad w lots of veggies topped w carnitas and dressed w lemon juice and avocado oil.

M1 - breakfast hash topped w 3 over easy eggs and black coffee

M2 - chicken breast cooked in ghee, roasted cauliflower, salad w lots of veggies

M3 - BBQ ribs (low sugar sauce), homemade potato salad and some sort of veggie

Prep day - baked off some sweet potatoes, roasted and sliced beets and put in vinegar water, made a HUGE batch of breakfast hash w ground pork, turnips, onions, red and green bell pepper, mushrooms and a huge container of power greens.  I'll portion this out and put it in the freezer.  Still need to make some garlic roasted cauliflower and broccoli. I have a paleo meatloaf in the freezer - think I'll pull that out to cook tomorrow.  That should hold me for a few days.

I got comments about the huge quantity of veggies in my shopping cart at the market last night.  The cart was literally full to the top.  Good thing I have two refrigerators and two kids that enjoy veggies as much as I do.

Did a body pump class this evening.  Had a small portion of ribs at M3 and the veggie was the garlic roasted broccoli and cauliflower.  Had a small bowl of frozen cherries w coconut milk, coconut and almonds on top.  

Good food day:

M1 breakfast hash topped w 3 over easy eggs, black coffee

M2 huge salad w baby greens, spinach, kale, chard, shredded carrots, red pepper, cucumber, roasted beets, tomato, half an avocado and a couple slices of sweet potato topped w kalua pig and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic

M3- paleo meatloaf, 2 bites of leftover pork rib, about half a baked sweet potato, garlic roasted cauliflower and broccoli and a handful of cashews

Yesterday's food:

M1 breakfast hash topped w 3 over easy eggs, black coffee

M2 & M3- paleo meatloaf, about half a baked sweet potato, garlic roasted cauliflower and broccoli.  Had another day w Ben and Jerry  :wacko:

Today's food:

M1 breakfast hash topped w 2 over easy eggs, black coffee

M2 huge salad w baby greens, spinach, kale, chard, shredded carrots, red pepper, cucumber, roasted beets, tomato, half an avocado and topped w chicken breast and hb egg and dressed w olive oil and lemon juice

M3- paleo meatloaf, about half a baked sweet potato w ghee, garlic roasted cauliflower and broccoli 

Today's food:

M1 breakfast hash topped w 3 over easy eggs cooked in ghee, half an avocado, black coffee

M2 and M3- paleo meatloaf, about half a baked sweet potato w ghee, roasted asparagus drizzled w avocado oil

I added half an avocado to M2.  I ate plenty of food today - good template meals.  That didn't stop me from fantasizing all day about chocolate - chocolate cake w ganache icing, brownies with frosting and nuts, ice cream sundaes.  OMG  this day has been torture.  I finally had a mini meal of a few bites of chicken breast, half a small sweet potato topped w ghee and coconut milk.  Hopefully that will do the trick.  

I managed to survive the night without diving face first into a chocolate treat.  My hormones are so jacked up right now.  I know that's what's causing these cravings - and what's causing me not to sleep very well.  This is getting old :(

I saw the dermatologist for a routine skin check last week and I mentioned that my eyebrows had been falling out and that I had resorted to using RapidLash (Rogaine) on them to try to get them to grow back.  The growth has been sketchy at best; I am becoming very adept at using an eyebrow pencil.  I probably should have mentioned this to my PCP back in January, but I just didn't think about it.  Anyhow, the dermatologist thinks I should have a full thyroid panel done, because one of the symptoms of hyperthyroidism is loss of eyebrows - especially the outer third.  I told her my TSH levels were in the normal range, but she said that wasn't necessarily the best test to diagnose thyroid issues.  Waiting to hear back from my PCP on this.  More to come.  I hope it's as simple as correcting my thyroid hormone levels.  My hair has been falling out in places too :(  I guess I just thought this was all menopause related - and it might turn out that it is.  I have been alternating between freezing and burning up lately, so something is going on.

So Friday in Lent food:

M1 - egg salad made w 3 hb eggs and a big Tbsp of mayo, 1 1/2 cups of golden pepper soup

M2 - BIG salad of baby greens, spinach and kale, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, tomato, beets and avocado topped w a can of tuna and dressed w lemon and avocado oil.  NOT using bumblebee or chicken of the sea tuna and I'm glad due to the big recall issue.  I like the Simply Balanced brand packed in olive oil at Target - it's terrific.

Pre-WO - hb egg

Body pump class and walking 4 miles

Post WO - 2 or 3 bites of tuna and a couple bites of sweet potato

M3 - grilled salmon, asparagus and brussels sprouts and half a baked sweet potato w ghee.

I am off for 5 straight days starting tomorrow.  I WILL get back into my exercise routine if it kills me.  So hard to get back on track after being sick for several weeks.

Lazy morning.  Slept in trying to catch up from the lack of sleep this past week.  The weather has turned cool and gray.  Of course it was beautiful last week when I had to work  :wacko:

M1 - breakfast hash w 2 over easy eggs, half an avocado and black coffee.  

Then I'm off to get my exercise and errands out of the way.

Got 12,000 steps in at the gym.  M3 was strip steak, caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, french green beans and half a baked potato w ghee - and a glass of cabernet.  I haven't had wine in forever and it was delicious.

Well, I think it's safe to say that the glass of red wine did not agree with me.  Sigh - this is so sad.  Woke up super congested in the middle of the night and this morning I am very bloated.  

M1 - breakfast hash (ground pork, turnips, onions, mushrooms, red pepper and power greens) topped w 2 over easy eggs and black coffee

M2 - big salad of baby greens, chard, kale and spinach topped w carrots, cucumber, red pepper, roasted beets, a few pieces of sweet potato, broccoli and half an avocado topped w a can of tuna and dressed with lemon juice and avocado oil

Pre-WO - hard boiled egg

walk 4 miles and do a body pump class

Post WO - few bites of tuna and sweet potato

M3 - leftover steak, caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, french green beans and baked sweet potato w ghee

Didn't have quite enough leftovers last night, because the kids invited a friend over for steak sandwiches.  I added a little kalua pig and some sautéed cabbage to my meal.  I might have eaten just a little too much though.  I was not hungry this morning at all.  Took me two hours to want to eat M1. M1 was the usual breakfast hash has w two additional handfuls of power greens cooked in ghee and topped w 3 over easy eggs.

M2 - two organic hot dogs, fresh sauerkraut w caraway seeds, about 1/2 cup sweet potato topped w coconut milk, coconut and almonds and half an avocado.

Cleaned house for hours then walked 6 miles.  Had a hb egg when I got back from my walk.

M3 - carnitas, cabbage sauteed in bacon fat, about 1/2 cup sweet potato w ghee and cinnamon.

Got almost 9 hours of solid sleep last night.  More cleaning is on the agenda for today.

M1 - the usual breakfast hash w two extra handfuls of power greens topped w 3 over easy eggs, black coffee.  I'm always amazed how easily I can eat that huge plateful of food.

It took me 6 hours to get hungry for M2.  Made a huge salad that will serve as M2 and M3 today w baby greens, spinach, kale, chard, carrots, broccoli, red pepper, cucumber, radishes, tomatoes, a whole avocado, roasted beets and half a leftover baked potato topped w 3 hb eggs and a can of tuna and dressed w champagne vinegar and avocado oil.  Had half a banana w a Tbsp of cashew butter after M2.  Did body pump class and got my 12,000 steps in to day.  May have some cherries w coconut milk if I'm still hungry after my salad.

Didn't need any cherries last night and I woke up good and hungry this morning.  M1 was breakfast hash topped w 2 over easy eggs and black coffee.  Not really feeling the template for M2 today.  Settled on an avocado smoothie made w a whole small avocado, 1/3 cup coconut milk, a scoop of Jay Robb vanilla whey powder, a splash of vanilla extract and a sprinkle of vanilla bean powder.  Added water and ice to make it the consistency I like.  Oh and I ate a hb egg.  Really hit the spot.  Back on template tonight.  The whey powder doesn't cause any ill effects that I've noticed.  

I'm going to make flourless chocolate cake for Easter and I am having a heck of a time finding good bittersweet chocolate that doesn't contain soy lecithin.  What the what.  Can't they use something else??

Archived