Paleo falafel recipe

newwhole30er

• Moderators

To me, they seem pretty similar to a zucchini fritter, and those are okay. I wouldn't recommend having them every day, just because that half cup of almond flour would add up pretty fast, but to have occasionally, they seem okay.

Having said that, if you, personally, are just like majorly addicted to real falafel or fried foods, and you're just looking for ways to keep having those things because you can't live without them, then this may not be the best option for you. 

Thanks Shannon. I'm on day 37 and haven't been eating/craving anything fried until now. For some reason (no specific trigger) this recipe popped into my head today....I've never even made it before, just remembered seeing it on the blog. Something about it just SOUNDS like it shouldn't be allowed, but I'm not sure why. If you think it's ok I think I'll give it a try and see if it seems to cause me any issues.

• Moderators

i think the difference between the zuchinni fritter and this is that the fritter is not deep fried and it looks like these are. If you're on Day 37, you're technically done the official Whole30 so these would be your choice, but for those coming along reading this, my ruling would be no, since deep frying foods is not a good food habit.

i think the difference between the zuchinni fritter and this is that the fritter is not deep fried and it looks like these are. If you're on Day 37, you're technically done the official Whole30 so these would be your choice, but for those coming along reading this, my ruling would be no, since deep frying foods is not a good food habit.

I decided to make it a Whole100. I want to follow the Whole30 rules for 100 days. 

Archived