Morning Bloat

I'm on Day 24 of my 2nd Whole 30 and absolutely loving the effects so far. I mean, LOVING. However, I've found that I'm still often bloated in the mornings (this is something that I've struggled with for a longgg time). If I eat later at night, it's some nuts or nut butter, not a ton of green leafy vegetables or anything like that. Sometimes it goes away after an hour to so of being awake, sometimes not. Does anyone else struggle with this, or have any ideas as to what could be causing my morning bloat?

I'm on Day 24 of my 2nd Whole 30 and absolutely loving the effects so far. I mean, LOVING. However, I've found that I'm still often bloated in the mornings (this is something that I've struggled with for a longgg time). If I eat later at night, it's some nuts or nut butter, not a ton of green leafy vegetables or anything like that. Sometimes it goes away after an hour to so of being awake, sometimes not. Does anyone else struggle with this, or have any ideas as to what could be causing my morning bloat?

And therein might possibly lie your problem.

Nuts & nut butters are notoriously hard on your digestive system and should be eaten in moderation only.

The need to snack in the evening indicates that you're not eating enough in general. I'd say up the size of your meals, ditch the nuts & see how you go.

If you are genuinely hungry before bed try a mini meal of at least two of the three food groups - so protein & fat (like maybe some chicken & mayo), protein & carbs, or carbs & fat.

Hope this helps  :)

Archived