Ginger root & tumeric?

Misslita77

I use fresh ginger root and fresh tumeric root pretty much daily too.  I slice the tumeric in my salads or saute them what ever I happen to be sauteing,  If you use fresh tumeric root, warning you, it stains your fingers. 

....And the wires on your braces!! 

As an adult brace wearer I used to get asked regularly if I'd chosen yellow braces....  :ph34r:  :D

HAHA  Thats too funny. I hope there was no spinach in there too, but yellow and green would be a good combo.  

• Moderators

What about the dried spices? I blend 1 tsp ground ginger and 1 tsp ground tumeric with heated unsweetened cashew milk and drink it after I've had a tough workout (in addition to my regular foods).

Dried spices are fine.

Post-workout, you should be having lean protein and optionally some starchy vegetables -- the fat from cashew milk would slow absorption of the protein and carbs.

Dried spices are fine.

Post-workout, you should be having lean protein and optionally some starchy vegetables -- the fat from cashew milk would slow absorption of the protein and carbs.

Thank you, Shannon. I have the drink later in the day either between meals 2 and 3, or after meal 3) and workout or run first thing in the morning. Immediately after my workout, I'm eating a little mashed sweet potatoes (mixed with tumeric, ginger and cinnamon!) and about 1/3 to 1/2 of a cooked chicken breast. One HB egg pre WO. :) I am looking forward to the fat adaptation, because my legs have been burning on my runs! :)

Archived