Sunshine sauce

KalinaM

I did my week one planning by following the book's sample plan (pork carnitas are the bomb, BTW!) We were less than impressed by the sunshine sauce, however. It was OK, but not great. But I have a lot leftover, probably about a cup? What can I use it for in a recipe that kind of hides it? I don't want to use it as salad dressing our veggie dip, but rather a compliment to something... Any ideas?

• Moderators

This Pad Thai is good: http://meljoulwan.com/2011/05/08/paleo-pad-thai/

Assuming you have more than half of a batch of sunshine sauce left, I'd just use what you have, not try to make more to make up the difference.

Did you use sunbutter? Because it turns out, I really don't like sunbutter, but have made the sauce with almond butter and since I like the flavor of that better, I prefer the sauce made with it.

I'm the opposite, don't like sunbutter, but I love it in Sunshine Sauce :D If you did use it and don't normally use sunbutter, it's worth tasting it, I got a bad jar once and everything made with it tasted funny.

It would be great in the Pad Thai or any other kind of stir fry. If you want to change the taste, you can add extra garlic or other strong ingredients.

I used almond butter, I couldn't find sun butter. And I used coconut aminos as the book said it's be with it to hunt them out... Maybe my problem is I generally don't like stirfry? And it must have that flavor to it?

Oh if you don't like stir fry style food, I'm not sure you're going to like it on anything as that's really the flavor of it (I think of it as a kind of "thai peanut" even though it has no peanuts in it).

You could try having it with something like steak and potatoes, but if you don't like it you might just be messing up a good meal.

Archived