Post Whole 30 is Horrible!!

LB Hokai

I loved Whole30.  It was easy, challenging, rewarding, and totally inspiring.  I was sure I would do whole30 for days after.  But then I got curious.  I started eating things here and there.  And I now feel horrible.  I can't eat anything without GI distress.  I feel depressed, Im super low energy, I feel lost, etc.  I have had a migraine for almost 6 days.  It is really not a good situation for me.  I know whole30 isn't a practical way to live but trying to reintroduce anything is not going well.  I am really disappointed at how severely any reintro is affecting me.  I almost wish I had never done it.  I am a thin, strong, active person but I am crazy addicted to sugar.  I thought whole30 was my answer.  I definitely was text book on everything whole30.  Followed it to a T and had results as predicted.  It was wonderful.  And now...I just can't get it right.  Any thoughts would be great...other than go back to whole30.  It's not practical for my very active and athletic lifestyle.  

Many people struggle post Whole30 in finding what foods work for them & what doesnt....

Did you follow the reintro protocol? Or did you just start adding things back in randomly that you thought you'd like?

If you did the latter I'd suggest going back to compliant template meals until such times as you feel like you did on day 30 and then following a strict reintroduction process so you can get a clear idea of what is causing the migraines, the feelings of depression, and the GI distress.

yes. no way of eating is going to work after you stop eating that way. The whole30 isn't a pill that changes the way food effects your body.

Instead, think of the whole30 as a tool that allows you to see and understand how food effects your body. You know you feel great eating whole30, now take the time to do a real reintroduction process to see if there are other foods you can add without giving up that great feeling.

Also, you might want to do some thinking about what is "practical" and worth it to you. Eating this way gets easier the longer you continue doing it. Personally, I've found cooking mostly whole30 at home, while easing up just a bit on restrictions when dining out (allowing for off-plan oils, a bit of sugar, the occasional gluten-free bun, etc.) works well for me.

Archived