country specific threads/topics

Crastney

any chance we could have threads which are country specific?

or topics? or sub forums? (fora?)

I read so many threads about complian bacon, or sausage, and then realise that they're all in the US.

also - it looks like our fats are either avocado, cocnut, olives, or nuts - well almost all of those are none native to the UK, and if we're concerned about food miles, or organic, or natural, or being eco friendly, as I'm sure a lot of us are, as these things go hand in hand with eating whole natural foods   - well these sources of fat get expensive.

that's not to say that we can't get olives, coconuts, nuts, and avocados over here, but are there local alternatives that would be better for the environment as well as for our pocket?

I read so many threads about complian bacon, or sausage, and then realise that they're all in the US.

Best way to search the fprum is via Google as SugarCube has said, but this is a good one to start with:

http://forum.whole30.com/topic/32584-help-resources-in-the-uk/

If you're worried about your carbon footprint it's actually really easy to source compliant bacon in the uk, sausages not so much...

As for other fat choices the favourite is home-made mayo - mix it up by adding your choice of herbs/spices, change your oil to give different flavours, use as a base for salad dressings. And any decent butcher will sell lard, and duck/goose fat....

Below is a link to the easiest/quickest/most economic on washing Whole30 compliant recipe out there:

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/fail-proof-home-made-paleo-mayo-whole30-compliant/

It also helps to update your profile, so people can see your location.

You might be surprised how many other locals there are (lots of us are outside the USA).

Sourcing Good Food has Topics from just about every country, you just need to find yours.

It helps when you share what you find, for others in your area.

Archived