Today was good so far as I stayed with the program, but rough due to the headache and fatigue.

I had my same breakfast and lunch I've had the past two days.  Dinner was the same as last night-mini chicken burgers, roasted potatoes & roasted Brussel sprouts.  I realized from going over the meal planning template that I'm probably having too much fruit.  

I'm looking forward to having time this weekend to try some new recipes!   

Hang in there, it will get better, and you will feel awesome soon!

Your dinner sounds delicious! I love brussels sprouts :)

If you are looking for some nice recipes, I have several of Pete Evans paleo cookbooks (just avoid the treats and the occasional recipe with added sugars). A big hit with the family is Pete Evan's Paleo butter chicken (http://peteevans.com/recipes/butter-chicken/), would definitely recommend it, very tasty! I add lots and lots of veg, and double the sauce/spices so we have leftovers to freeze. We also love his joy burgers and I make the patties in bulk and freeze   

( http://kitchen.nine.com.au/2016/05/20/11/05/pete-evans-mum-burger-with-a-grilled-mushroom-bun)

Always interested in hearing other people's favourite recipes too :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#nsv I cooked salmon for the first time EVER today! I love love LOVE salmon, but only ever have it at a restaurant or at my folks (my dad does a wicked bbq salmon!) I've always been nervous cooking fish, and have never really cooked it. At all.

But, tonight, I thought I'd give it a go. Seeing as how I live next to the Pacific ocean and seafood is abundant (and FRESH!), plus, it was on sale for $2.99/100gm.

Here's the recipe I made: 

http://cafedelites.com/2016/03/17/one-pan-lemon-garlic-baked-salmon-asparagus/

It was SUPER quick and easy to make, and was very delish. I added some zoodles (first time making them... so much fun!) with the pesto recipe from the Whole30 book. 

Lunch was left overs (chicken breast, avocado & tomato salsa, and tomato slices).

Sadly, I didn't read Sugarcube's reply about the chia pudding until *after* I ate breakfast, so I had fruit and pudding again :( But, I will be having a better breakfast tomorrow :) Eggs and sausage with spinach, tomatoes, peppers and avocado most likely.

Another thing I did today was go through my (embarrassingly large!) collection of David's Tea. SO many of them contain non-compliant ingredients (mainly added sugar, soy, sulfites), but thankfully, I did find some (including my fav: creamy earl grey) that are compliant. I gave up coffee about a month ago because it caused me terrible acid reflux, and have replaced it with iced tea (being summer and all). I have a really nifty ice tea press/travel mug that I got at David's that is perfect. Today, I made black cherry iced tea (totally compliant! yay!). Went to David's Tea at the mall and got two new compliant teas: pear ginger white tea, and "la la lemon" (an organic black tea with lemon and orange oil). Can't wait to try that last one iced tomorrow.

I'm still a bit confused as to how much fruit is too much fruit. Is it okay to have a few slices of honey dew with breakfast? What constitutes one serving of fruit, and how many servings/day should I have? I'm being really careful not to eat it to quiet a sugar craving, just including it with meals.

• Moderators

#nsv I cooked salmon for the first time EVER today! I love love LOVE salmon, but only ever have it at a restaurant or at my folks (my dad does a wicked bbq salmon!) I've always been nervous cooking fish, and have never really cooked it. At all.

But, tonight, I thought I'd give it a go. Seeing as how I live next to the Pacific ocean and seafood is abundant (and FRESH!), plus, it was on sale for $2.99/100gm.

Here's the recipe I made: 

http://cafedelites.com/2016/03/17/one-pan-lemon-garlic-baked-salmon-asparagus/

It was SUPER quick and easy to make, and was very delish. I added some zoodles (first time making them... so much fun!) with the pesto recipe from the Whole30 book. 

Lunch was left overs (chicken breast, avocado & tomato salsa, and tomato slices).

Sadly, I didn't read Sugarcube's reply about the chia pudding until *after* I ate breakfast, so I had fruit and pudding again :( But, I will be having a better breakfast tomorrow :) Eggs and sausage with spinach, tomatoes, peppers and avocado most likely.

Another thing I did today was go through my (embarrassingly large!) collection of David's Tea. SO many of them contain non-compliant ingredients (mainly added sugar, soy, sulfites), but thankfully, I did find some (including my fav: creamy earl grey) that are compliant. I gave up coffee about a month ago because it caused me terrible acid reflux, and have replaced it with iced tea (being summer and all). I have a really nifty ice tea press/travel mug that I got at David's that is perfect. Today, I made black cherry iced tea (totally compliant! yay!). Went to David's Tea at the mall and got two new compliant teas: pear ginger white tea, and "la la lemon" (an organic black tea with lemon and orange oil). Can't wait to try that last one iced tomorrow.

I'm still a bit confused as to how much fruit is too much fruit. Is it okay to have a few slices of honey dew with breakfast? What constitutes one serving of fruit, and how many servings/day should I have? I'm being really careful not to eat it to quiet a sugar craving, just including it with meals.

Hey there - First, that salmon looks ridiculously good! One thing to note, if you're using any canned oil spray, check the ingredients because it is VERY hard to find ones without soy.

Second, fruit... a serving is fist sized and it is absolutely okay to have a serving of fruit alongside a template breakfast (making sure not to let that fruit push veggies off your plate). In summer it's definitely okay to have more fruit than at other times of the year as it is in season and abundant (and that's how we used to eat... eat what is in season when it's in season). That said, you're right to make sure you're not letting it prop up sugar cravings and you need to make sure that you're not eating it as a 'snack' or on it's own, usually done with a side order of nuts/nut butter :)

I finished up Day 4 yesterday and I feel like I'm already at   For the love of Gosling, my pants are TIGHTER part  :(  I also had my first a dessert dream.  It wasn't so much as a craving for it as a nightmare that I had to start all over.

I had my breakfast yesterday a half hour after I woke up, which kept me full all the way until about 10 am.  After that I started getting hungry, but we don't normally break for lunch until about 12 or 12:30.  I also started getting an intense craving for chicken.  By the time lunch rolled around I ended up brining my big ole salad home and scarfed down some leftover chicken. I added some sweet potatoes and avocado on the side.  Breakfast was at 5:30 so it made sense that I started hungry around 10 (4-5 hr window right?), but I didn't want to eat my lunch at 10 am already.  Would it be ok to have a small snack at 10 to hold me over?  If so what would be acceptable?  Would a small serving (1/4 c or less) of cashew with some blueberries or strawberries be ok?

​I'm also having a hard time finding pre-wo foods.  The two suggestions that I've been finding are canned tuna in water or a hard boiled egg.  I like these foods, but not before a workout.  Anyone have another recommendation?

​I'm also having a hard time finding pre-wo foods.  The two suggestions that I've been finding are canned tuna in water or a hard boiled egg.  I like these foods, but not before a workout.  Anyone have another recommendation?

For the fat part of it, what about a spoonful of nut butter (with or without a little coconut)? 

I'm going to make up a bunch of ground chicken meatballs or slider-sized burgers to have on hand for whenever.  You could do a meatball with a little avocado?

I did it!  I ate my breakfast this morning before heading off to work.  I was a little hectic, esp. since I like my routines and this threw me off a bit ;) , but I did it.

Oh yeah, and I woke up feeling like a teenager.  Not in a good way, but in the "omg, there's a huge whitehead on the side of my nose" kind of way-lol.

• Moderators

.  Would it be ok to have a small snack at 10 to hold me over?  If so what would be acceptable?  Would a small serving (1/4 c or less) of cashew with some blueberries or strawberries be ok?

Yes, if you're eating your breakfast early (good job on getting it in within that one hour wake up window!) and you want to keep lunch and 'lunchtime', then you'll need to have a mini meal in between. We call it mini meal instead of snacking because snacking has the 'robotic hand to mouth, don't even think about how much I'm eating' connotation and we're trying to change that. So a mini meal is protein and fat, protein and veggies, fat and veggies or ideally, all three. Fruit and nuts on their own are not ideal as they spike your blood sugar and nuts and their butters are meant to be limited (closed handful every other day sort of limited) and it looks like you'll need this mini meal every day.

As far as pre and post workout foods, I'll just clarify. PRE is protein and fat. So anything you want really... a few bites of leftovers... hardboiled egg is good as you get protein and fat in one package. POST is lean protein and starchy carbs. So canned tuna, chicken breast are the standard go-to and then a few bites of starch like sweet potato, potato, beets etc...

For the fat part of it, what about a spoonful of nut butter (with or without a little coconut)? 

Nuts and their butters are meant to be limited. They have an imbalanced Omega 3-6 ratio and they can be really gut disruptive for some... Not the best choice for pre workout but your meatball idea is stellar!!!!

Hey there - First, that salmon looks ridiculously good! One thing to note, if you're using any canned oil spray, check the ingredients because it is VERY hard to find ones without soy.

Second, fruit... a serving is fist sized and it is absolutely okay to have a serving of fruit alongside a template breakfast (making sure not to let that fruit push veggies off your plate). In summer it's definitely okay to have more fruit than at other times of the year as it is in season and abundant (and that's how we used to eat... eat what is in season when it's in season). That said, you're right to make sure you're not letting it prop up sugar cravings and you need to make sure that you're not eating it as a 'snack' or on it's own, usually done with a side order of nuts/nut butter :)

I looked at all my cooking sprays and noticed that they were definitely NON compliant, so I mixed the lemon juice with a bit of EEVO and drizzled it over top :) 

Another day in the books!  Breakfast was my usual, although much much earlier.  ;)  I was okay though.  I had a cup of tea around 9, and ate lunch at 11:15ish.  Same lunch, but I added a few olives.  My energy level was pretty low in the afternoon, but I stopped by a cafe in town where they make whole30-compliant dishes (sadly today was their last day being open).  I got an iced tea, and 3 containers of carrot-ginger soup that totally fits the program.  Turns out the owner and her husband had done the Whole30 and have since basically stuck with the program.  The owner's husband has since lost 70#, now works out consistently, and has a whole new attitude about his health.

Dinner was a cup of the carrot-ginger soup, chicken slider, green beans and some potatoes.  I took the potatoes I had roasted, used some ghee, and crisped them up a bit-yum!!

I'm going running tomorrow morning, pretty early.  I'm thinking it's going to be a 6ish mile run, and I'll need something to fuel me. I typically would have sport beans during my run.  I'm hoping the bit of protein/fat ahead of time will help.

Here's my log for yesterday. My meal timing is still really off. Today I wasn't hungry for lunch until 4pm. In theory I could eat breakfast earlier (right now I'm aiming for 9-10am), but I'm a night owl, and I tend to get more done at night, so it's tough for me to go to sleep before 1am and wake up before 8:30 or 9. Suggestions as to how I might fit three meals into my day without having dinner at 9 or 10pm would be very much appreciated!

Day 3: June 30

Woke up at 9:30 feeling pretty icky again (and only because my alarm clock app simply would not shut up unless I got out of bed and completed three tasks…), but at least I was very hungry!

Meal 1 (9:45am): Scrambled eggs (with coconut milk, cooked in ghee), tons of homemade salsa (from the W30 book), one quarter of a pathetically underripe avocado, mayo, cherries + 20 oz water

Meal 2 (1pm): Merguez meatballs, greens (sautéed with coconut milk, pecans, dried cranberries, and ras el hanout), orange salad over (raw) greens + 12 oz LaCroix grapefruit

Afternoon: 36 oz tea

Meal 3 (9:53pm): Almond-crusted pork fried in ghee (a.k.a., paleo schnitzel--yum!); raw bell pepper, cucumber, and carrot; mayo

Note: Got home late, so I was starving L

• Moderators

Here's my log for yesterday. My meal timing is still really off. Today I wasn't hungry for lunch until 4pm. In theory I could eat breakfast earlier (right now I'm aiming for 9-10am), but I'm a night owl, and I tend to get more done at night, so it's tough for me to go to sleep before 1am and wake up before 8:30 or 9. Suggestions as to how I might fit three meals into my day without having dinner at 9 or 10pm would be very much appreciated!

Day 3: June 30

Woke up at 9:30 feeling pretty icky again (and only because my alarm clock app simply would not shut up unless I got out of bed and completed three tasks…), but at least I was very hungry!

Meal 1 (9:45am): Scrambled eggs (with coconut milk, cooked in ghee), tons of homemade salsa (from the W30 book), one quarter of a pathetically underripe avocado, mayo, cherries + 20 oz water

Meal 2 (1pm): Merguez meatballs, greens (sautéed with coconut milk, pecans, dried cranberries, and ras el hanout), orange salad over (raw) greens + 12 oz LaCroix grapefruit

Afternoon: 36 oz tea

Meal 3 (9:53pm): Almond-crusted pork fried in ghee (a.k.a., paleo schnitzel--yum!); raw bell pepper, cucumber, and carrot; mayo

Note: Got home late, so I was starving L

Hey there... not sure if you know or not but there is a whole section of the forum dedicated to logs. Of course you're definitely welcome to keep posting here but if you want your log all in one spot under your own title etc... then that's available too :) The link is here... http://forum.whole30.com/forum/24-your-whole30-log/

You may want to try upping your veggies (your breakfast has none and salsa doesn't really count cause i doubt you ate 3 cups of it) and your meals look a little vegetable light in general. As far as your meal timing, you're waiting 9 hours between lunch and dinner?? I would be a homicidal maniac if I did that. You can still fit three meals a day in even if you get up at 9... M1 at 9, M2 at 2, M3 at 7... that's five hours between.

You may want to try upping your veggies (your breakfast has none and salsa doesn't really count cause i doubt you ate 3 cups of it) and your meals look a little vegetable light in general. As far as your meal timing, you're waiting 9 hours between lunch and dinner?? I would be a homicidal maniac if I did that. You can still fit three meals a day in even if you get up at 9... M1 at 9, M2 at 2, M3 at 7... that's five hours between.

Are you suggesting that I replace some of the protein or fat with veggies, like going down to two eggs and replacing one with veg? As it is, I'm eating less frequently because I just feel full for so long after eating a template meal, so the thought of eating more sounds impossible. I'm also not sure how eating more would help me feel less full? Maybe I'm missing something here  :(

Anyone else feeling blerg? I'm tired, a bit cranky, and keep thinking about the foods I can't have. I know this will pass, and I have been eating meals according to the template.... just feeling blerg. :huh:

I've definitely got that blerg feeling today. I woke up at 8 this morning (after about 7-8 hours of sleep, which is usually sufficient for me) and proceeded to hit snooze until 11:30!!! ELEVEN THIRTY!!! Still, I'm feeling completely exhausted, dazed, and unable to do anything, including read the book my supervisor asked me to read before I meet with him on Tuesday. Ughhhhhhhhh. I even canceled/rescheduled much-anticipated plans with some friends because I can't fathom doing anything fun right now.

My (very late, obviously) meal 1 (more "frambled" eggs with apples and cinnamon, 1.5-2 cups veggie hash (sweet potato, onion, red bell pepper, zucchini), four golf-ball-sized tomatoes, and mayo) helped a tiny bit, but now I'm SNEEZING??? I hope this passes soon. I can't exactly go to my supervisor and say I haven't done any work in the last week because I've been too tired :(

I've definitely got that blerg feeling today. I woke up at 8 this morning (after about 7-8 hours of sleep, which is usually sufficient for me) and proceeded to hit snooze until 11:30!!! ELEVEN THIRTY!!! Still, I'm feeling completely exhausted, dazed, and unable to do anything, including read the book my supervisor asked me to read before I meet with him on Tuesday. Ughhhhhhhhh. I even canceled/rescheduled much-anticipated plans with some friends because I can't fathom doing anything fun right now.

My (very late, obviously) meal 1 (more "frambled" eggs with apples and cinnamon, 1.5-2 cups veggie hash (sweet potato, onion, red bell pepper, zucchini), four golf-ball-sized tomatoes, and mayo) helped a tiny bit, but now I'm SNEEZING??? I hope this passes soon. I can't exactly go to my supervisor and say I haven't done any work in the last week because I've been too tired :(

Yes, feeling blah here yesterday and kind of today.  I felt irritable last night.

I did a 6.5 mile run this morning.  It was my first longer run/intense workout since starting this, and it was rough.  I had two hard boiled eggs and coffee w/coconut milk about an hour before I went, but energy tanked about 2/3's of the way through.   I came home, showered, had my breakfast, then napped for about an hour.

I also just turned down really fun plans with friends for tomorrow-hiking, time at the beach, then a lobster dinner.  The lobster dinner is at a restaurant and would potentially be manageable, but I don't feel comfortable with it being a whole day thing.  I feel like I could manage a few hours, but this would be a 9am-7pm thing.

This conversation happened today.

Funny! 

How's everyone doing?  I had a crazy amount energy this morning after working out, then having breakfast.  I ended up shopping, shopping, shopping.  I ran down to Whole Foods and Trader Joes (about a 30 min ride) to see what I could find before hitting my local grocery store.  I stocked up on things like coconut aminos, plan compliant chicken sausages (not easy to find), cauliflower rice, etc.   Whole Foods is soo expensive!  It's a great store, but I'll be using my Amazon Prime  to order things like the avocado mayo from now on.  Prices were easily $1-$5 more expensive per item.

How's everyone else feeling?  How's everyone dealing with the holiday weekend (for those in the states)?

Are you suggesting that I replace some of the protein or fat with veggies, like going down to two eggs and replacing one with veg? As it is, I'm eating less frequently because I just feel full for so long after eating a template meal, so the thought of eating more sounds impossible. I'm also not sure how eating more would help me feel less full? Maybe I'm missing something here  :(

I'm on R2 now, but during R1 I had phases where I just could not face eating. Which is a NSV in a way, cause that would never happen to me before W30. But I found that having a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar 20 mins before when I was due to eat (chased down by some water) helped with nause and/or indigestion and helped me eat 3 regular meals a day.

And R1 was for sure a rollercoaster! I'm on R2D8 is much more even keel so far (I just had one weekend between rounds). Not really having to think about it too much this time, just continuing with my routine and feelng good :) 

No holiday weekend here for in Aus, but I will be taking 2 weeks leave from work during this round, so that will be interesting as we are likely to have a night away and eat out .. but I feel more confident now that I can make W30 choices while out and not be tempted by treats/wine.

1 week done, only 3 to go  .. it will get easier :)

How's everybody doing?

Today I woke up feeling pretty great (uh, after sleeping through an alarm, though...). I had plenty of energy and...were my pants a little bit looser? Things were going swell, but by noon I was seeing the sidewalk morph into a row of soft, cozy beds before my eyes. When I got home to make lunch after an apartment-hunting trip (a.k.a., my life the last week or so), I sat down for just a moment(!!!) and somehow fell asleep and didn't wake up until 3:30 pm....just in time to go see another apartment. I guess being able to sleep at pretty much any time ever (seemingly whether I want to or not) instead of my usual tossing and turning could count as a NSV?

How's everybody doing?

Today I woke up feeling pretty great (uh, after sleeping through an alarm, though...). I had plenty of energy and...were my pants a little bit looser? Things were going swell, but by noon I was seeing the sidewalk morph into a row of soft, cozy beds before my eyes. When I got home to make lunch after an apartment-hunting trip (a.k.a., my life the last week or so), I sat down for just a moment(!!!) and somehow fell asleep and didn't wake up until 3:30 pm....just in time to go see another apartment. I guess being able to sleep at pretty much any time ever (seemingly whether I want to or not) instead of my usual tossing and turning could count as a NSV?

I get it-yesterday I laid down for a QUICK nap around 3pm.  I finally got up at 4:30... luckily sleep last night came easy too.

I started taking the recommended magnesium supplement.  Last night was my second night having it. 

I'm feeling great.  I realized that this morning's walk down the stairs from my room was the first time in MONTHS where I wasn't stiff and achy.  The realization brought me to tears.  I'm a runner-I've run 6 half marathons, a handful of 10ks, and many 5ks over the past 4 years.  But in the past 6 months, something changed; my legs were becoming more & more achy and stiff and I'd been putting on weight at a rate I've never put on in my life (10# over 6 months... maybe I've gained 3# in a YEAR before, 10# in 6 months is crazy for my body).  I've had a ton of blood tests to see what's going on with no results, have been doing acupuncture on a regular basis (which has helped a bit, but not much with the stiff/achy legs), but nothing has really worked and no answers have been given.  Until now. 

I'm cautiously optimistic that this is exactly what my body needed/needs.  I feel incredibly thankful this morning, even more so than usual.

I'm feeling great.  I realized that this morning's walk down the stairs from my room was the first time in MONTHS where I wasn't stiff and achy.  The realization brought me to tears. 

Christy,

I'm experiencing the same thing! I am *significantly* overweight :( (I have over 100 lbs to lose) and this past December, I had reconstructive foot surgery. Walking hasn't been easy, and my knees and hips have been complaining a lot. While I'm not consistently pain-free yet, walking down the stairs is definitely getting easier.

I've also noticed a dramatic change in my acid reflux. I had been humming and hawing about doing a whole30 for about a month when, one night, I couldn't sleep because I had SUCH bad acid reflux. It had been getting worse over the last year or so, to the point where I couldn't enjoy any food without getting heartburn, and laying down in bed at night was uncomfortable (there were nights I'd sleep sitting up on the couch). I was popping Rolaids like they were candy (and, after reading the label, they pretty much are!). 

I am proud to report that I haven't had one single Rolaid/Tums/Gaviscon since starting the Whole30 9 days ago. I did have to take a Zantac last night, but I was able to figure out why: last night, and the night before, I had a glass of sparkling water with lime at dinner. It was really neat to be able to pinpoint what exactly I did differently that may have caused my symptoms.

Tonight, I did take one Zantac before dinner, but it was precautionary, as I made a taco salad with homemade pico de gallo and gauc, using an entire jalapeno pepper. Because of my history of acid reflux, I have been avoiding spicy foods for a long time. Even though the taco seasoning I made wasn't too spicy, and I did take the seeds out of the jalapeno, I decided that I'd better be cautious.

I had two HUGE #nsv today! I'm currently doing a graduate diploma in Music Education. Throughout the school year, my class meets one night a week, but, during the summer, we have two straight weeks of class. There is a lovely lady in my cohort who is an amazing baker. Today, she made homemade carrot muffins witha cream cheese glaze and brought them to share. I didn't have one. I wasn't even tempted! 

My second was with making dinner. As I mentioned, I had a taco salad, and the rest of the family had tacos. So, I grated cheese for them (I LOVE cheese!), and I didn't even sample a teeny tiny piece :)

Right now, the only big cravings I'm having are after school. Last week, I was off school, so doing the whole30 was a piece of cake. But, with a return to school (as a student this time, not a teacher, but still...) I'm finding myself craving something sweet on the way home, around 3pm. I know that this is completely a habit - I would often stop at Starbucks on the way home, or eat a granola bar or something sugar-ladden, during the drive. If not, I'd eat SOMETHING sweet when I got home. Yesterday and today, I was really craving something sweet. I did that whole "would I eat steamed fish and broccoli" trick, and it worked :) 

Turns out that yesterday afternoon, around 3:30, I truly *was* hungry! Our lunch break is at 11:30, and I knew I wouldn't be having dinner until my partner got home (close to 6:30). That is just too long to go without food. So, I had an apple sprinkled with cinnamon and some compliant almond butter. Today, I was fine. I made sure that I had a bigger lunch with more protein and fat.

Still feeling tired in the late afternoon. Had a nap today around 3:30. 

Hey everyone! I started on the 27th... close enough. This is my second Whole 30 having done one about 2 years ago... wish I had kept with it longer... but the strangest thing is happening to me today that I have not experienced before... I am hungry...but nothing is appetizing! I am forcing myself to eat but I almost feel as if I am nauseous putting anything in my mouth.  Is this something that any of you are experiencing or have experienced?  Everything else has been super easy for me because I knew what to expect... but this is not a good feeling. Any advice?  Thanks!

Hey everyone! I started on the 27th... close enough. This is my second Whole 30 having done one about 2 years ago... wish I had kept with it longer... but the strangest thing is happening to me today that I have not experienced before... I am hungry...but nothing is appetizing! I am forcing myself to eat but I almost feel as if I am nauseous putting anything in my mouth.  Is this something that any of you are experiencing or have experienced?  Everything else has been super easy for me because I knew what to expect... but this is not a good feeling. Any advice?  Thanks!

Yes! All the time! Eating used to be my #1 favorite activity, but now I can barely choke anything down. Nothing seems appetizing (despite the fact that I'm a pretty good cook) and even though I know I'm hungry (e.g., waking up and not having eaten in 12+ hours), I'm having to force myself to eat things I normally love, and nothing really tastes all that great. My favorite local (and really cheap, because it's in Vancouver) sushi place just reopened today after being closed for repairs after a fire next door. I was so pumped to eat their assorted sashimi, since it's one of my favorite things, even without my beloved sugary sushi rice, but I ended up being pretty disappointed.

I've been having a few other problems, too. Last night I had nightmares about accidentally eating non-compliant foods. It was awful! Also, even though it's day 10 for me, I'm still feeling totally exhausted most of the time. We're talking wake up at 8:30, shove some breakfast in my mouth-hole, and pass out again from 9:30 or 10 until noon or even later! This has been happening every day for the last four or five days, and I have no idea what to do about it. I'm feeling great otherwise, but long morning naps are obviously not a sustainable practice, and chugging coffee isn't an option for me right now due to some stomach troubles. Anyone have success overcoming the exhaustion? Moderators?

Yes! All the time! Eating used to be my #1 favorite activity, but now I can barely choke anything down. Nothing seems appetizing (despite the fact that I'm a pretty good cook) and even though I know I'm hungry (e.g., waking up and not having eaten in 12+ hours), I'm having to force myself to eat things I normally love, and nothing really tastes all that great. My favorite local (and really cheap, because it's in Vancouver) sushi place just reopened today after being closed for repairs after a fire next door. I was so pumped to eat their assorted sashimi, since it's one of my favorite things, even without my beloved sugary sushi rice, but I ended up being pretty disappointed.

I've been having a few other problems, too. Last night I had nightmares about accidentally eating non-compliant foods. It was awful! Also, even though it's day 10 for me, I'm still feeling totally exhausted most of the time. We're talking wake up at 8:30, shove some breakfast in my mouth-hole, and pass out again from 9:30 or 10 until noon or even later! This has been happening every day for the last four or five days, and I have no idea what to do about it. I'm feeling great otherwise, but long morning naps are obviously not a sustainable practice, and chugging coffee isn't an option for me right now due to some stomach troubles. Anyone have success overcoming the exhaustion? Moderators?

I had to choke down breakfast this morning, but am otherwise okay with food.

But the nightmares-omg!  I started taking the recommended magnesium a few nights ago and ever since I've had crazy, vivid dreams.  These dreams have involved slipping up by eating food not on the plan (see my I cheated with decadent toast post in the log section-lol), and all kinds of crazy things about my husband.  The poor guy wakes up each morning wondering what he's done now-LOL!!

Archived