tweaking for second attempt?

abril

I made it through 21 days of a Whole 30 (but a bit fruit/nut heavy). A last minute all expense paid trip to Hawaii derailed me a bit. I had rice, I did not ask about ingredients - so I know I ate soy sauce and possibly other small amounts of gluten, and two scoops of Lappert's ice cream! I went right back to Whole 30 eating when I got home. Anyhow, I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary next weekend with some wine, then jumping back into a Whole 30 (that I will finish!).

Today would have been the end of my Whole 30. I lost about 5 pounds, that was not a goal, but I feel good at this weight. My mother-in-law said my arms looked "ripped," which she did not mean as a compliment :), but made me oh-so-happy! However, in my 21 compliant days, I did not see improvement in some of my main health concerns, so I would love some input on how to tweak my next try! For as long as I can remember, I have woken up w/ a phlegm-y throat, that I really expected to go away when I removed dairy. I did continue to eat ghee, which I love, but am willing to give up if it could be causing the middle of the night post nasal drip. Is there any other food/beverage item that is likely to cause this? Eggs, nIghtshades, coconut, coffee?

Other issues that have not resolved, but I figured may take more time/tweaking are: mild dry scalp/dandruff, mild acne on face and upper back, and three small warts that recently developed on the top of my hands. Any ideas?

. My mother-in-law said my arms looked "ripped," which she did not mean as a compliment :), but made me oh-so-happy!

How the heck could that not be a compliment?? :lol:

Good luck on round 2, sorry I have no clue about your specific questions though :rolleyes:

Hi Abril!

Congrats on your Whole30! I would definitely start by pulling ghee and eggs. Most dairy sensitive folks are okay with ghee, but because pulling the protein is a manual process, there's probably some trace amounts. You may just be hypersensitive.

I'd start with ghee and eggs, then add the ghee back in first.

Good luck!

Archived