Califia Farms vanilla coffee creamer

ecwetzel

Tomorrow my husband and I will be on day 30 (yay!) and like many others, we are trying to figure out how to proceed from here. We feel amazing and don't feel like we are missing much, so we want to stick as close as we can to Whole30 with a couple of exceptions. We were already dairy and gluten free, so it isn't too far a stretch.

I sure love creamy coffee and recently (before our whole30) fell in love with Califia Farm coffee creamer. Compliant coconut milk got me through the 30 days, but I'm looking for something else. I would like to add this back in, as long as their isn't any nasty stuff in there. Carageneen is not listed, but does anyone see anything else to stay away from?

Almondmilk (Water, Almonds), Coconut Cream, Pure Cane Sugar, Natural Flavors, Sunflower Lecithin, Calcium Carbonate, Sea Salt, Potassium, Citrate, Locust Bean Gum, Gellan Gum

• Moderators

Personally? That's way too many additives for me... how about almond milk and a drop or two of vanilla extract? I think you'll find this concoction extremely sweet (sugar being the 3rd ingredient) and synthetic tasting. All those additives at the end are to give it an improved mouth feel, they have no nutritional value at all.

To answer your question, there's nothing that stands out but everyone is different so make sure you pay attention to how it makes you feel.

• Administrators

Personally? That's way too many additives for me... how about almond milk and a drop or two of vanilla extract? I think you'll find this concoction extremely sweet (sugar being the 3rd ingredient) and synthetic tasting. All those additives at the end are to give it an improved mouth feel, they have no nutritional value at all.

To answer your question, there's nothing that stands out but everyone is different so make sure you pay attention to how it makes you feel.

Ha, you lose moderator points, Sugarcube!  ;)

Vanilla extract is made with alcohol so is a no-go for Whole30.  Vanilla bean or if you can find vanilla powder that is JUST the dried bean and not any sweetner added.

Ha, you lose moderator points, Sugarcube!   ;)

Vanilla extract is made with alcohol so is a no-go for Whole30.  Vanilla bean or if you can find vanilla powder that is JUST the dried bean and not any sweetner added.

Tomorrow my husband and I will be on day 30 (yay!) and like many others, we are trying to figure out how to proceed from here. We feel amazing and don't feel like we are missing much, so we want to stick as close as we can to Whole30 with a couple of exceptions. We were already dairy and gluten free, so it isn't too far a stretch.

I sure love creamy coffee and recently (before our whole30) fell in love with Califia Farm coffee creamer. Compliant coconut milk got me through the 30 days, but I'm looking for something else. I would like to add this back in, as long as their isn't any nasty stuff in there. Carageneen is not listed, but does anyone see anything else to stay away from?

Almondmilk (Water, Almonds), Coconut Cream, Pure Cane Sugar, Natural Flavors, Sunflower Lecithin, Calcium Carbonate, Sea Salt, Potassium, Citrate, Locust Bean Gum, Gellan Gum

LOL It's as well she's yor sister 'cos I believe the OP was looking for something to use POST Whole30...!!  :D

• Administrators

LOL It's as well she's yor sister 'cos I believe the OP was looking for something to use POST Whole30...!!  :D

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was totally going to club her with the Moderator Punishment stick this weekend!  LOL!

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was totally going to club her with the Moderator Punishment stick this weekend!  LOL!

Sure just do it for the LOLZ - it can be a pre-emptive strike for when she does slip up..... !!  :lol:

Nutpods are so good!!! W30 approved but I found that I liked it better than the Califia. I just bought the new Califia better half. But if I were to choose I would go nutpods all the way!

Archived