1st W30, not weighing is driving me nuts

MrsZimm13

Day 25
9/8
Coffee
Walked dogs
B- bacon, 2 eggs, spinach and onions cooked in coconut oil.....well, McLovin, the cat ate my breakfast.  I had set it aside (before I ate any) to answer an email and low and behold, he ate!  But this was bad, because I was rushing about trying to tie up loose ends and get to the airport.  I ended up having a small amount of eggplant and meatloaf with Romanesco sauce and a bowl of golden cauliflower soup.  
Out the door with a banana and water
No lunch per se
D- guacamole with fresh veggies to dip, seared tuna tacos (no shell), plank salmon and Brussels sprouts.  That sounds like a lot if food, but it wasn't. And after eating the salmon and guacamole with veggies, I was still hungry.  
I have close to 11,000 steps today. 

Big work day tomorrow - it will be a very long day for me.  Need my beauty sleep. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 26 
9/9-Omaha
Slept terrible last night.  I was up for 2 hours in the middle of the night.
B-3 eggs, small banana. The eggs made me sad.  The yoke was so pale it was almost white.  I didn't feel good about eating these inferior eggs.
Snack Cashews and an apple, buffalo jerky
L- spinach salad, shrimp, smoked chicken, avocado, olive oil, balsamic- very good salad.  
Snack- Kit's organic bar...OMG it was so delicious! Fruit and nut bar-cashew. This is the first "bar" I've eaten since starting my first whole 30.
D-taking customers out to dinner.  Going to a steak joint and I've already called to let them know I have dairy allergies. 
1 lamb lollipop, seared tuna, salad, 2 asparagus, 2 mushrooms, 2 pieces of eggplant, spinach 

I feel like I ate a lot today, but breakfast was not whole so I fortified with snacks.  I did not cave into ice cream, chips, hotdogs, general crap that surrounds me at a tradeshow. This will not derail me– forging forward. 

I have to admit that seeing someone at my table eat a whole HUGE piece of cheesecake after he just had eaten a large piece of prime rib was nauseating.  The CC was washed down with a Kahlua drink made with cream. Eeeew.  So glad I don't eat that.  

Interesting observation about the dessert choice of your Dinning companions. Before whole30 I would have thought that looked great but now it does not interest me. I was at a dinner party last evening with LOTS of yummy desserts but they did not have the same appeal to me as they once did. I know I will sometime eat those sweets again but on my terms and under my control. 

It is good for me to see that I have the power/control over food, not the other way around!

keep up the good work. 

Day 27
9/10 in Omaha at tradeshow.
Coffee
B 4 hard boiled eggs, small banana
S tea, apple, Lara bar-yummy but very sweet. 
L hamburger with buffalo sauce, tomato, pickle, lettuce
D Chicken Fajita, guacamole 

Planning trip to CA and OR with Kas for next weekend. Pretty stoked about hiking, going to the hot springs, yoga, visiting Crater Lake National Park. We are camping one night in a teepee the other nights in a tent. The extended forecast is looking like perfect weather. 
Now...what to pack for compliant meals. 

23 hours ago, GrayFal said:

Interesting observation about the dessert choice of your Dinning companions. Before whole30 I would have thought that looked great but now it does not interest me. I was at a dinner party last evening with LOTS of yummy desserts but they did not have the same appeal to me as they once did. I know I will sometime eat those sweets again but on my terms and under my control. 

It is good for me to see that I have the power/control over food, not the other way around!

keep up the good work. 

Actually, The smell of the caramel sauce on the cheesecake was good in a familiar sort of way.  It smelled sweet and It would taste good.... Caramel was probably my favorite sweet treat prior to W30.  I have not over eaten sweets in roughly 10 years, and don't have a desire to eat them.  Even smelling it, I didn't have a desire to eat it and pre W30 I more than likely would have been talked into having a forkful.  Having control over what I choose to eat is a beautiful thing.  

I have been enjoying the light feeling I have now when I eat fish which I have been consciously adding to my diet.  Logically, I know I'm getting enough protein, but physically I feel light in the belly.  I like this feeling. 

Day 28
Wide awake at 5 am.  The only reasonable thing to do is go to the sunroom and research ideas for my trip to CA and OR.
Clean and laundry. 
Coffee
Walked with Norm
B-3 bacon, 1/2 avocado, 2.5 eggs, roasted veggies, spinach, onion, avocado oil. I needed this good breakfast!  Tasted so good and I'm nicely full.
1/2 c frozen blueberries- refreshing 
Packed for the pleasure portion of my up coming trip.
L-2 fish cakes, collards, butternut squash with tomato sauce.
D-pulled pork, chicken, tomato/pepper/beet salad. I didn't have enough veggies. We were eating at my cousins house where they served corn, and a kale salad which had mayo in it.  So, I just had a large serving of the tomato salad that I brought. 
1/2 of an apple when cake was served. I'm still a touch hungry, but that's not the worst thing I could be. 

Evening walk 

Day 29
Coffee, coconut cream
B 2 eggs, ham steak, roasted veggies, avocado oil
L pork butt, cauliflower cooked with egg in avocado oil
Walk
S blueberries, small apple
Short stroll while waiting to be sat for dinner.
D lobster, drawn butter, roasted fingerling potatoes, salad with olive oil and vinegar.  2 figs

Day 30- The big day is here!  I am glad I stuck to it for another 30 days...I see more 30 day snipits in my future.  My friend Dave says to celebrate all days ending in a zero! Wooo hoo! 

Our anniversary; 8 wonderful years.

Coffee
Drop Lucy at Vet
Yoga
B 2 eggs, 1 sausage patty, coconut oil
L spinach salad and a cup of beef veggie soup. This meal was too light on protein.  I was hungry within an hour. 
Volunteered at the animal rescue, food shopped
S cashews
We cooked together- sausage/tomato soup, cauliflower/parsnip mash, roasted veggies, sausage patties, cooked venison sausage for Thursday night dinner. 
D 2 sausage patties, roasted veggies, coconut oil 

Day 31
Weighed in... After another 30 stellar days.... I've still not lost even one pound.  I feel cheated. Even the book it starts with food says on average people lose 6-15 pounds.  So, I should be 12-30 pounds lighter now, and I'm not.  I guess I'm not average. Ha.
Coffee
Walked
B 2 fried eggs, cauliflower patty, guacamole, coconut oil
Mini walk 
L pulled pork, tomato venison sausage soup, roasted veggies
D chicken fajita, guacamole, pico de gallo, onions and peppers.  I wanted a tortilla chip SO badly...but I didn't have one.

Whole 30 round 3
Day 1
Coffee
B sausage patty, tuna salad with olives, 
L pepperoni, olives, cauliflower mash
D eggplant cooked in coconut oil, Romesco sauce, venison sausage, fresh basil 
Note to self- love the flavor of Romesco sauce but not the texture.  Next time make it with almond flour for a smoother consistency. 
Long walk 

This was a very lackluster eating day.  I just wasn't into it. 
I am giving up coffee to see if that is preventing me from losing weight 

On 14 September 2016 at 11:19 AM, MrsZimm13 said:

Day 30- The big day is here!  I am glad I stuck to it for another 30 days...I see more 30 day snipits in my future.  My friend Dave says to celebrate all days ending in a zero! Wooo hoo! 

Our anniversary; 8 wonderful years.

Champion effort MrsZimm!! And congrats on the anniversary - special times :)

Archived