Help Explain to a friend why you cant/can have certain foods

Lomac

Hi everyone. Myself and 4 other friends started Whole 30 on Monday and so far its been good/interesting. I've also been reading the book so to read how food affects your body mentally is crazy for sure. 

I have a quick questions for you guys to see if you could help out. I have a friend asking about why its ok to eat a certain mayo or make a ranch dressing but it it's not ok to have a banana egg pancake. & she's questioning the potatoes being ok, but not those pancakes either because of fries being a bad food. Maybe it's in the part of the book i havent read yet, but wanted to see if you guys could help me out in explaining. thanks! 

This article should help a bit : http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

And just FYI commercially prepared fries or chips are not allowed.  Home baked fries in the oven tossed with some salt, pepper, and rosemary are allowed.

The Whole 30 is so much more than just eat X,Y,Z and stop eating A,B,C.  It wants to help you with your relationship with foods as well.  Basically eggs with mashed banana and a dash of cinnamon is a pancake.  Yes I know it has protein, and fruit in it - but it's still a pancake.  It's made to remind you of a pancake.  And it does nothing to help you curb those sugar cravings.  Would scrambled eggs and a banana be nearly as appealing?  Probably not.  Avoid the things that replicate baked goods.  Even if they are compliant.  Mayo is completely different.  It's considered a healthy fat.  You can make homemade mayo from scratch in minutes with a hand blender - using a healthy fat oil like avocado oil, extra light tasting olive oil or macadamia nut oil.  

Archived