BulletProof Collagen Bars

Cathy125

I know the rule on bars ( stranded on a tarmac etc) but, when listening to Bulletproof Radio - Bulletproof Collagen Bars were mention that peaked my interest

Comes in Van or Choc - Below are the Van ingredients - Thoughts?  Too many proprietary ingredients to make a determination?

Vanilla Max

Organic cashew butter, Bulletproof® Upgraded Collagen Protein, chicory root fiber, Bulletproof® XCT™ Oil Powder (Caprylic and Capric Acid Triglycerides sourced from coconut and/or palm kernel oil), organic cashews, Bulletproof® Brain Octane (Caprylic Acid Triglycerides sourced from coconut and/or palm kernel oil), organic coconut oil, Bulletproof® VanillMax™ (lab-tested Madagascar vanilla beans), sea salt, stevia.

CONTAINS: TREE NUTS

Hello ArtFossil,

I wholeheartedly agree and  am well past the Whole30 in 'days' but, plan to continue on with the exception of a re-introduction of Oatmeal in Sept for my post-workout

meal as that's the only thing I really miss...  I just was curious when hearing about it on the Bulletproof podcast and for a brief second thought it might

be an option for those emergency cases versus the RX or Lara bars.  Proper planning should eliminate most all emergencies but, then again -  emergencies

are never planned..     

• 1 year later...

I LOOOOOOOVE them. For real life post Whole30, while still following the general principles, they are a complete life-saver and game changer for me. Different strokes for different folks, and I understand why people who are doing things to the letter will leave them out, but to me the drawbacks are an acceptable loss when it comes down to either I'm going to eat this or I'm going to go next door to my work and get a sub sandwich.

I spent years trying to do things the right way, the perfect way, the approved way. It kept my fridge full of expensive rotting food, and kept me yo-yo-ing in terms of weight, energy, and health, feeling like a failure and a weakling. I'm done with that. I say if a Bulletproof bar helps make healthful, sustainable, ordered eating possible for you, go for it. These are way way lower in sugar than all those fruit-and-nut type of bars out there, whether they're considered paleo or not, and the high quality fat and proteins keep me feeling very satisfied and keep my skin looking fantastic. I'm sure I'm going to get some blowback for this comment, but I needed you to hear that you're not crazy for considering having an emergency plan- or even a routine plan, gasp!- that includes a bar. I've tried pretty much every flavor and they're all delicious, and only the ones with chocolate chips in them have a danger of becoming something you eat because they taste good rather than because you need something to eat. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, jennifercanfly said:

I LOOOOOOOVE them. For real life post Whole30, while still following the general principles, they are a complete life-saver and game changer for me. Different strokes for different folks, and I understand why people who are doing things to the letter will leave them out, but to me the drawbacks are an acceptable loss when it comes down to either I'm going to eat this or I'm going to go next door to my work and get a sub sandwich.

I spent years trying to do things the right way, the perfect way, the approved way. It kept my fridge full of expensive rotting food, and kept me yo-yo-ing in terms of weight, energy, and health, feeling like a failure and a weakling. I'm done with that. I say if a Bulletproof bar helps make healthful, sustainable, ordered eating possible for you, go for it. These are way way lower in sugar than all those fruit-and-nut type of bars out there, whether they're considered paleo or not, and the high quality fat and proteins keep me feeling very satisfied and keep my skin looking fantastic. I'm sure I'm going to get some blowback for this comment, but I needed you to hear that you're not crazy for considering having an emergency plan- or even a routine plan, gasp!- that includes a bar. I've tried pretty much every flavor and they're all delicious, and only the ones with chocolate chips in them have a danger of becoming something you eat because they taste good rather than because you need something to eat. 

I'm going to allow your comment to stand in full because you took the time to write it, but for those people doing a Whole30, this bar IS NOT approved.  No small amount of any added sweetner is allowed regardless of the consideration of 'acceptable loss'.  If you are eating these as part of your food freedom, then that's totally fine, you get to do whatever you like after, but please do not encourage people who are on the program to deviate because you feel that it's a fair compromise.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jennifercanfly said:

I just want to clarify, obviously these are not appropriate for a Whole30. Whole 30 has to be done to the letter. As for life after my Whole 30, I have found these useful. Thanks

Thank you for clarifying :)  Definitely in your Food Freedom if they work for you, that's great!  They're not terrible nutrient wise and because they're quite high in fat, should keep you feeling full long enough to get to a meal :)

Archived