Double double post post

Seafarer

Three times now I have posted something, only to see it show up in the topic twice twice. I suspect this happens when I (a) hit "post" and then (b) move my curser off the "post" button. Is it really that sensitive? Should I just sit quietly & waaaaaaaaaaait until I can see that it has posted before moving my curser, or is there something else that I might be doing incorrectly?

When I do have a double post, should I notify someone so it can be erased, or will someone catch it & remove it automatically?

BTW... the reason I feel the need to move my curser before the post actually posts... slow internet connection, & I am always flipping back & forth between tabs. Too impatient, perhaps.

• Moderators

I don't see why moving the cursor would do anything. You're not the only one, though. It may be a glitch with the forum software itself, since we're seeing it happen pretty frequently lately. Hopefully they'll figure it out soon, I think it did get reported to the person in charge of that kind of stuff. 

Typically mods catch the double posts, so unless you just want to, you shouldn't need to report it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! And here I didn't think anyone had replied... I didn't ask for, or get, a notification. Should have looked sooner!

I switched from using Google to using whatever the new version of Internet Explorer is called. Seems to have done the trick.

37 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

And....... nope! I just posted in another thread. Double double! :(

I've been in touch with the powers that be about this again today so hopefully it will be resolved soon. In the meantime I'll just keep deleting your doubles as I come across them!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived