2nd Time Around starting 1 October

SeaQueen

Oh Good. I think I finally found the right thread. Started my 3rd W30 on Monday, 10/3.   I feel like it's pretty easy because the learning curve isn't as steep as the first time.  I am, however, fully aware that the detox and no-wine whining will arise at some point !  Good to have the support of this forum.  Happy Whole 30 to everyone !

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Good. I think I finally found the right thread. Started my 3rd W30 on Monday, 10/3.   I feel like it's pretty easy because the learning curve isn't as steep as the first time.  I am, however, fully aware that the detox and no-wine whining will arise at some point !  Good to have the support of this forum.  Happy Whole 30 to everyone !

BTW, In case this posts...or posts multiple times )-:   Is anyone else getting an error code when they click on Submit Reply here?  I get a message that says "Something Went Wrong-Please try again"....

BTW, In case this posts...or posts multiple times )-:   Is anyone else getting an error code when they click on Submit Reply here?  I get a message that says "Something Went Wrong-Please try again"....

Today is day 4 of the Whole 30.  I am doing great and no slip ups .  I'm feeling better at time goes on and it makes you want to commit to finishing the program.  I went to sams club today and had to take another route to avoid all the sample carts...lol   I wish everyone the best.

Today is day 4 of the Whole 30.  I am doing great and no slip ups .  I'm feeling better at time goes on and it makes you want to commit to finishing the program.  I went to sams club today and had to take another route to avoid all the sample carts...lol   I wish everyone the best.

Hi there,

I started my 3rd W30 in as many years on Oct 1.  Glad to join you all on the forum.  I have found the support and accountability the forum provides, is integral to success (plus makes it more fun).  What I love about the W30 and why I come back to it is that I do not feel deprived or hungry, I enjoy what I am eating, the flexibility works for my busy-mom-of-three lifestyle and it effectively slays my sugar dragon (for a while at least).  I enjoy doing it in the Fall because I kick off the holiday season feeling good, looking good and being more disciplined about what I put in my mouth.  But, most importantly, in the Fall I tend to succumb to Seasonal Affect Disorder ( SAD).  Some may think of it as the "winter blues" but for me it starts in late Fall as the light shifts and days are shorter.  I start to feel low energy, anti-social, and apathetic in general.  It's like a seasonal depression.  I usually start feeling more myself in late Jan or mid Feb as days lengthen and spring approaches. It's almost as if I  want to hibernate, pull in, bake and eat carb & sugar laden treats all winter.  It has been this way for me for as long as I can remember and I have tried many things to try to counter these doldrums.  The W30 is one of the most effective ways for me to find balance and counteract the dark feelings I get during the winter. In the past 2 years while doing W30, I feel so much more positive, light in spirit and energetic.  It makes such a tremendous difference in my outlook and I enjoy the holiday season much more.  Four days down and so far, so good.

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you.

Kellygirl 

Hi there,

I started my 3rd W30 in as many years on Oct 1.  Glad to join you all on the forum.  I have found the support and accountability the forum provides, is integral to success (plus makes it more fun).  What I love about the W30 and why I come back to it is that I do not feel deprived or hungry, I enjoy what I am eating, the flexibility works for my busy-mom-of-three lifestyle and it effectively slays my sugar dragon (for a while at least).  I enjoy doing it in the Fall because I kick off the holiday season feeling good, looking good and being more disciplined about what I put in my mouth.  But, most importantly, in the Fall I tend to succumb to Seasonal Affect Disorder ( SAD).  Some may think of it as the "winter blues" but for me it starts in late Fall as the light shifts and days are shorter.  I start to feel low energy, anti-social, and apathetic in general.  It's like a seasonal depression.  I usually start feeling more myself in late Jan or mid Feb as days lengthen and spring approaches. It's almost as if I  want to hibernate, pull in, bake and eat carb & sugar laden treats all winter.  It has been this way for me for as long as I can remember and I have tried many things to try to counter these doldrums.  The W30 is one of the most effective ways for me to find balance and counteract the dark feelings I get during the winter. In the past 2 years while doing W30, I feel so much more positive, light in spirit and energetic.  It makes such a tremendous difference in my outlook and I enjoy the holiday season much more.  Four days down and so far, so good.

Kellygirl 

Hi there,

Kellygirl 

Hi there,

Kellygirl 

Hi there,

Kellygirl 

Hi there,

Kellygirl 

Hi there,

Kellygirl 

Hi there,

Kellygirl 

Hi there,

Kellygirl 

Hi there,

Kellygirl 

Hi there,

Kellygirl 

Hi there,

Kellygirl 

HI!  I started second round Oct 1st too.  Day 7 now.  It seems a little harder this time around and I'm not sure why because I had not added too much back in since finishing the 1st round in June.   But I had added back wine regularly and dark chocolate and occasionally tortilla chips when out to eat....that sort of thing.  So I'm missing those things a lot.  But sticking with it regardless because I feel so much better overall.  I don't need to lose weight but I have other benefits like better skin and more energy!  Good luck everyone!  

Great, it worked!  I did my first Whole30 in September, and I'm continuing it for another month.  I found it helpful to have a forum to read and post in.  I'm feeling much better than when I began the beginning of September, but I have some long-standing issues I feel could use more time to settle.  Plus, it took me so long to adjust to all this planning and cooking, I'm now finally enjoying the process.  I used to cook a lot, and hadn't cooked in years, and I'm recaptured the pleasure in that.

Hi all! Hope things are going well. I think my vertigo is pretty much behind me. On Day 12 today; my biggest challenge has been skipping lunch sometimes because of my erratic schedule. I work a couple evenings a week, so my meal schedule gets thrown off and I end up doing a very late evening snack/meal.

Shout-out to my fellow winos... that's what I miss, though it does help to know that I can do without. But on the weekends I especially miss a nice glass of wine by the fire.

Hang in there, everyone!

Stephanie

Archived