Old Bay Seasoning

Kirsteen

Someone, not a W30er, recommended I try Old Bay Seasoning, I've never seen it in this country but I can get it online from Amazon. The only problem is - I can't find out what the ingredients are. Even their own website simply says INGREDIENTS:- CELERY SALT (SALT, CELERY SEED), SPICES (INCLUDING RED PEPPER AND BLACK PEPPER), AND PAPRIKA.

It's the 'including' bit that bothers me, not knowing what else is in it. Does anyone know if it's compliant or not?

Hi Kirsteen:

I am from the southern part of the US and old bay seasoning is a staple for seafood boils. I have a container in my hand and there is nothing listed on the list of spices that is non-compliant. For some reason, i thought it has sugar in it so I was staying a way.. can't way to use it! It is great on peal and eat shrimp. Boil the shrimp in old bay until cooked and then sprinkle with it... good stuff!

Here is the actual ingredients list from their website.

Other Information Allergens

No Allergen Info

Kosher

No MSG Added

OLD BAY® Seasoning is designed to give a characteristic spicy flavor to any food, especially seafood. The taste is spicy with refreshing undertones. The peppers and ginger lend to the spiciness while the bay and cloves help smooth it out and give it a breath menthol. OLD BAY® Seasoning is a blend of celery salt (salt, celery seed), spices (including mustard, red pepper, black pepper, bay [laurel] leaves, cloves, allspice [pimento], ginger, mace, cardamom, and cinnamon), and paprika.

• 1 year later...

Archived