How much did you gain back within 1 year of your last Whole30?

noidea

For those that have done the Whole30 before, I'm curious to know how much weight you lost during the Whole30 and how much stayed off within 1 year of the last Whole30.  Of course, weight is not the most important aspect but am curious as to the stickiness of the new habits.  

For those who gained a lot of weight back (or began unhealthy habits), what is the one thing you'd change to not head back to unhealthy habits?

I'm biting your thread.  I haven't gained anything back. It's almost 3 years now. 

Consistency.

It's the fine line to walk without falling back into food boredom and eating in the unconscious mode. I don't bounce in and out of my Positive Food Management Plan. It has leeway and freedom but I don't post my food.

I don't measure my calories or count my steps on the dreadmill. Just because we can measure everything doesn't mean we should.

Whole 30 is not a diet.  Correct.  But you can tell when someone is secretly dieting and trying to combine it with a Whole 30.  That's a disconnect for the brain. 

The side effects of the disconnect are rebound weight gain. Break up with dieting. If you're secretly dieting....has it changed everything for you then?

Go back to the nutritional framework.  Read ISWF.  It's not about being skinny, it's about embracing all of the healthy.  Finding our pathway to healing our relationship with food.  

I didn't lose a single pound when I did my Whole30 in Feb 2015, but then that's not what I came here for. I came here to figure out which foods did & didn't work for me.

Have I lost or gained since then? I'm not sure, I don't weigh, but my clothes are fitting better than ever.

I don't really care about what my body weighs. I care more about what my body is capable of - physically & mentally - on a daily basis. And if I want my body to be the best that it can be, then I won't fuel it with junk. Simple.

When people 'diet' they tend to re-bound.

When people change their lifestyle it tends to stick.

If you want it to stick you have to change your mind-set.

Whole30 was never designed to be a diet.

53 minutes ago, noidea said:

For those that have done the Whole30 before, I'm curious to know how much weight you lost during the Whole30 and how much stayed off within 1 year of the last Whole30.  Of course, weight is not the most important aspect but am curious as to the stickiness of the new habits.  

For those who gained a lot of weight back (or began unhealthy habits), what is the one thing you'd change to not head back to unhealthy habits?

All of my lost weight and more stayed off. It wasn't lost so much as banished. 

If you do a proper reintroduction you are less likely to head too deeply into unhealthy habits. My opinion. 

I also had spent a few months prior to Whole30 taking a cognitive approach to end my decades of yo-yo dieting and that also worked. I don't diet and I don't classify foods as "clean" or "good" and "bad." I just make choices. 

2 hours ago, noidea said:

I appreciate your question. Read everything while you're tooling along.  The W30 manifestos and articles.  Go back to the well and lasso their star. They lead by example. Read the fine print and comments.  Hone in on those who've found their way.  Take their good advice to heart. Don't get distracted or let yourself go sideways with detours. Stay in your own lane with true grit. Your body/food reset will get in line with your brain reset. 

Round 1- July 5/Aug 2016.   Round 2 - Jan 2 this year.  Between those times, gained maybe 5 pounds but that's not really fair because at times, I showed more than my original 26 pounds lost.  I tried to weigh every week or so but no more.  I didn't do it for the weight loss but to get ahold of my out of control life.  I do feel so much more in control of my eating world and want to reinforce lessons learned the first time around.   Whether this is your first or fifth time around, go with it and learn and enjoy the journey!!

Archived