Super duper TMI, enter at own risk

RandiW

Please delete if inappropriate, mods. And my apologies.

I'm doing W30 and on day 15 today. My bf is not and eat sugar like he IS the sugar dragon. Yesterday I was going on down on him and after he finished I had an area on my cheek where the skin was really sensitive, it felt like I had rubbed something spicy on my face and irritated the skin. It lasted basically the rest of the day and today is fine. I didn't eat anything new yesterday.. all the things I had for bfast and lunch (and dinner, but this was before that) were things I've eaten before and in the last 15 days as well. Has anyone had an experience like this? Is it possible that his fluids caused me an allergic reaction???

• Moderators

There's nothing about you eating meat, veggies and fat that is going to cause HIS fluid to bother you... I'd be more interested to know what he's been eating... it's possible that you're sensitive to something he's consuming... could it have been he changed soap/shower gel, laundry detergent, and you're reacting to that?  I get what you mean happened but I can say with some certainty that it's probably not Whole30....

I think what she meant was that it was something he was consuming that she had become sensitive to after cutting it out.

Might be a good motivator for your bf to do a whole 30 if he's eating something that affects you in such a way ;)

13 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

There's nothing about you eating meat, veggies and fat that is going to cause HIS fluid to bother you... I'd be more interested to know what he's been eating... it's possible that you're sensitive to something he's consuming... could it have been he changed soap/shower gel, laundry detergent, and you're reacting to that?  I get what you mean happened but I can say with some certainty that it's probably not Whole30....

Thanks for the response, @SugarcubeOD, but @GoJo09 is right, I'm wondering if I'm more sensitive to something he's doing. By eliminating sugar/dairy/grain/legumes, in some ways we increase our sensitivity to those things if exposed in a one-off - that's why elimination diets work great for exposing allergens. So in this period when I'm avoiding inflammatory foods, is something he's eating being expressed through his fluids and causing a reaction in me?  Absolutely nothing else has changed. We live together, I know what soap, etc, he uses. He had just gone for a run and taken a shower, so i suppose there's an off chance that I'm sensitive to his soap but he always uses that soap and we're physically close, if not intimate, often. We use the same detergent, dishwasher stuffs. I suppose I'm asking a question people here really can't answer about the influence of diet on bodily fluids. I suppose I could run another test with myself and see if it happens again! lol.

GoJo - That might be the ONLY thing that would encourage him to do a W30, and that might not even do it. :)

Archived