At 56, beginning a whole new life with whole 9

Beth49

I feel old. I feel unattractive and dowdy. I feel ungrateful.

I had a brain tumor, I was dying... Then, poof, brain tumor gone. While sick I became unhealthy. That sounds nuts but, I ate out of stress - Frankenfoods, Oreos by the box, coffee by the pot. As I felt my life energy slide I used whatever source I could to keep going. I was 30 lbs heavier, hadn't been able to exercise for a year ,my body was filled to the brim with toxic meds , sugar, and fat when the miracle happened. Now, heavy of body I should be light of spirit, I look in the mirror and wonder , "what the hell happened?" My body wants to soar, but I've got to earn that. Other diets leave me tired, this is what my recovery yearns for.

Welcome and take heart. I started this journey at the age of 79. I have finished the Whole 30 and I am still going to keep eating this way because I feel so much better; I have lost weight, my moods have evened out and I am generally happier with life in general.

If I can do it at 79 you certainly can at your age. We are all here to help you along so don't be afraid to ask questions.

Sunday, family day. I don't return calls, don't work, I just do family. The grands were are busy so it was just DH. Darling husband and I. We went out for lunch. I said to DH that I was thinking of eating this way as an ice cream diet. DH looked at my steak and dressing less salad with avocado and then at me, several times before exhaling and asking"How so."

I've been trying to avoid things like beef, limiting my meat (chicken, potk, beef) to once or twice a week, for years. Avocado were ver rare treats. Whole eggs...never. But now I'm eating my favorite foods, except ice cream, eating this way feels luxurious even a little scandalous . Additionally, I'm not hungry. Three meals seems like too much food. Just a few weeks ago, there wasn't enough food in the world. Desserts aren't calling for me in the middle of the night.

I haven't lost any weight, my clothes are still snug to tight, but the deeper changes in such a short time are keeping going.

Bravo Beth for taking this plunge. It gets easier as you move along through the programme. I started with 30 days, stimbled in the middle so and did 6 weeks to make up for than\t, and now am on the second phase where I can add some other foods back in.

I am 69 and gropssly overweight, but since I started I have lost 5 pounds, feel a heap better in myself and my arthritis is less than it was.

I am sleeping well and have more energy.

Big change..woke up felt great then mid afternoon crash bang boom. It feels like a mild flu along with hating everything about DH. I also have just begun to hate kittens and puppies. Suspect that this completely normal.

DH and I went to a movie tonight, hoping to change my mood. No surprise, loathed the film but and here's the thing..wasn't tempted to eat candy or popcorn. It's a relief to not be craving all the time. Such freedom! I just didn't want to risk the return of that bottomless hunger so aches pains and grumpiness aside, it was a great day

Big change..woke up felt great then mid afternoon crash bang boom. It feels like a mild flu along with hating everything about DH. I also have just begun to hate kittens and puppies. Suspect that this completely normal.

DH and I went to a movie tonight, hoping to change my mood. No surprise, loathed the film but and here's the thing..wasn't tempted to eat candy or popcorn. It's a relief to not be craving all the time. Such freedom! I just didn't want to risk the return of that bottomless hunger so aches pains and grumpiness aside, it was a great day

Oh Beth. So normal. Just don't pick up a gun. :) The big win was that you didn't crave candy or popcorn. This saying kind of bugs me and I forget who said it, but here goes..(this too shall pass). :)

Archived