JenHZ Feb 2017

JenHZ

more nsv thoughts,  wedding ring fitting better that would be good.  I might notice that as well as clothes not fitting well as  signs when I get off track

meal 4 8:00

beef stew with carrots, mushrooms, and parsnips over cauliflower mash  ( a little too much coconut oil for our tastes ), kombucha

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Successfully made my lunches and breakfasts for the upcoming week yesterday. I made a Caribbean meat and plantain casserole for lunches. (I forgot how much I love fried plantains and am going to be picking up more plantains as a possible addition to breakfasts and lunches). For breakfast I made pizza egg cups which are basically just little egg muffins with pizza toppings and tomato sauce. I also made a sweet potato mash and portioned out a few for this week, mixed with applesauce and cinnamon. Today I am making a big batch of marinade I can use this week.

Breakfast was a hard-boiled egg, prosciutto, and a vegetable medley. I've been completely exhausted this whole weekend. So far, the W30 stages have been hitting me pretty accurately. 

That sounds like another awesome NSV! I think another NSV for me is to look good in some of my tighter dresses, or potentially, not have to wear a control top underneath. That would be amazing.

WTG on the prep Carmen

Meal 2 12:30  Shepard's pie, baked apple, needed more food so sweet potato with ghee and 8 dry roasted salted almonds

I actually didn't get hungry until 11;30 and that was with not drinking any caffeinated coffee

but I was overly hungry for meal 2

NSV ideas

less bloat - never a term I use for myself

more defined muscle tone  - would be nice but I would probably ascribe it to exercise

less joint swelling - I don't' have any

looking younger - another that would be hard for me to notice, besides the reverse looking older is certainly going to happen sometime

feeling more confident in your appearance,  hum yes a goal,  totally a mental thing for me could I notice that  when I feel unconfident it might be food rather than fat or other circumstances - it is hard to feel confident in your appearance when you are sure you are unprepared on some other front relating to the day - basically a bit hard to  unpack for need for food reset but something else to consider

one for digestion that isn't' listed specifically - don't need coffee as a laxative   that is I think specifically diet related and immediately noticable

Meal 3  3;30

I think my odd breakfast really caught up with me here. 

I was so hungry and don't' feel satisfied yet at 5:05

chicken breast, pepper leek soup, garlic sweet potato "fries", salted dry roasted almonds, lara cashew bar

Meal one today was leftover prosciutto and vegetable medly. It ended up being super filling so I had a very late lunch.

I heated up some of my plantain casserole and am completely in love with it. I also had some pistachios, a clementine, and a Lara bar I was so hungry by the time I ate. I went to my grandma's and her microwave is broken so I had to reheat my casserole portion in the oven and it took much longer than I was prepared for.

Might skip dinner tonight. I'm not remotely hungry and bed time is in a couple of hours. I'll probably bend starved by breakfast time though so maybe a light snack before bed is in order.

Carmen is your plantain casserole recipe on line anywhere?  I have 2 plantains on my counter.

meal 4  5:45 sugar free lox, fresh pineapple  - BTW a terrible combo the pineapple enzymes apparently don't' go with smoked fish, bite of pear, baby carrot

just needed to eat something before I went to a choral performance, to make sure I wasn't hungry for "refreshments" at the end

great performances and I was not hungry.  also took advantage of kid having to get up for school to get out of there.

http://www.balticmaid.com/2013/11/caribbean-plantain-meat-casserole-karibischer-hackfleischauflauf-mit-kochbananen/

That is the link to the casserole. If you make it I really hope you enjoy it. I love all the spices they recommended though I always put way more than the recipe calls for for extra flavor. It says to use 4-5 tomatoes. I used a can of diced tomatoes thinking it would be enough and then had to supplement with some pasta sauce because it was not enough tomato to make the meat saucy. I would recommend getting at least two cans of diced tomatoes, maybe another to be safe so that the meat is not dry. Thank goodness I had some pasta sauce that was compliant and I just poured it in.

For the full recipe I only used four plantains, but I think I should have used five or six. If you only have two, maybe make half a recipe? Also, my brother and dad LOVED it. I let them taste a little bit and they kept trying to steal more until I finally promised them I would make them their own next time they came over, so it's not just W30 approved :)

Today I forced myself to eat breakfast before going to work because there was going to be a staff breakfast and I knew I wouldn't be able to eat much if at all and didn't want to awkwardly have other food there. I ate a banana, a hardboiled egg, and half an avocado and I basically had to choke it down. I cannot eat within an hour of waking up. I just feel sick.

I was starving by lunch time and had more hardboiled eggs, turkey, pistachios, a lara bar, a couple of clementines and the other half of the avocado. I'm feeling good now. Tonight for dinner is leftovers and then I get to test out the new marinade I made tomorrow for my dinner which I am super excited about! It was a bit of a pain to make but hopefully it is tasty.

I'm definitely feeling less tired today and I hope that my energy levels keep going up and up. I could use it.

I set my background to a picture of one of my favorite singers who has a great body and great style. She is basically my style icon and I use it as a reminder of one of the great benefits of W30; losing weight. Whenever I want candy I just look at the picture and feel a little bit better.

Day 9 Monday 2/13/17

today's experiment must not be repeated

didn't have enough water last nigh, guess because I didn't' think to make up for what I didn't' drink while watching performance

Meal 1 bacon and fruit salad

thought it would be ok as I was planning to eat lunch at 11

grocery shopping ran over and I didn't get home until 11:45, just 1 minutes before I needed to leave for my dance class so thought I would just do a preworkout meal and eat meal 2 after  class, even though I was really hungry.  ate a chunk of steak and a spoon of almond butter

by the end of class  getting light headed, ate what I had in car which was an Epic bar and a can of sparkling water   ( also prep those salmon patties!)

by the time I got home2:15 I was light headed and nauseous and my stomach muscles hurt.  dont' know if that was workout itself or  lack of food. 

Meal 2 ended up being just a little sweet potato and ghee

now 4:20 and finally hungry

Meal 3 plan, steak with garlic shallot sauce and avocado, baked apple? other veg?

I hope you feel better soon. I messed up today too, had nothing but two bananas between breakfast at 10 and snack at 5:30, then dinner at 7. I have a migraine now, although it's hard to say the exact causes not eating right is probably part of it.

@Georgina2 hope you feel better soon

didn't' get to other veg for meal 3

really hungry so had a  1/4 c pineapple juice and ginger and seltzer drink.  figured I wouldn't' go crazy with that since I don't love pineapple juice.  ( but actually it was terrific)

Meal 4 8:10

beef sausage, mustard, sweated onions, cauli mash with garlic, green beans, kombucha

Happy Day Nine!!!

I'm sorry you had just a terrible day Jen :( I can't imagine going that long without food.

For breakfast this morning I had a banana and my pizza egg muffins which are really only okay. They are something I doubt I will ever make again. My breakfast got me through until lunch, thank goodness. It looks like I made a good balance regardless of the fact that they really aren't that tasty.

For lunch it is the plantain casserole which if I am not sick of it by Friday I will make again for next week because it is so dang good. I am also eating some sweet potato mash with applesauce and cinnamon, and an avocado. Dinner tonight is chicken with the new marinade I made. Crossing my fingers that it will taste as good as it smells!

Just think, once we get through tomorrow we are a third of the way through the 30 days! It seems crazy to me that day 10 is tomorrow. Jen, are you doing the whole re-introduction plan as well? 

not going to do the whole reintro this time as I will be traveling about a week after and will be doing some fine dining on trip, and drinking - Vegas.

figure I should have time for 1 reintro, going to do soy as I really wonder about that one

I know too much wheat or diary bother me already

Meal 1 3 eggs with mushrooms cooked in olive oil, green beans 7:00

seemed to be a better choice

pre work out cashews - nto ideal but no handy protein

Nia class, sweated it up to "cake by the ocean" so we had our cake for the day

hadboiled egg and banana post work out 10:30

meal 2

ventured into rEd robin 11:30+

burger, no seasoning, lettuce warp, guacamole, veggies.

I asked about the grill oil and all they said was "vegetable",  I used the soy allergy menu and read the bottle of seasoning on my table so I know it contains sugar.   I forgot to check on the guacamole

pretty hungry at 2;30

Meal 3 Shepard's pie, 12 dry salted almonds

fresh fruit at party

Meal 4 brisket from  freezer with carrots and onions, green beans , kombucha

when spouse got home had a coconut milk latte to celebrate valentine's

Day 11 Wednesday 2/15/17

Meal 1 eggs with red pepper and  avocado oil, soft just on the verge of too oily, green beans with ghee, slice of turkey so I could get eating on time while eggs cooked

trying to figure out how to get fat into and egg and veg breakfast,  in fact trying to figure out how to get it into many meals.  personal rant coming

I like plain steamed veggies, do I get to count fat when I sauté a veggie or roast with fat?

avocado  whine I have to cut it up , they are "always" rotten or under ripe, guacamole? I guess I could choke it down

mayo - generally disgusting, maybe if can face cold meal of "rollups" or salmon salad

coconut , including milk in coffee - 1 not too fond of taste, is coconut milk in coffee just a step back to processed sweetened lattes?

oil liquid, it just runs off the veggies anyway, as does melted ghee, or even bacon fat

bacon - too much salt for everyday?

nuts/ nut butter/tahini - discouraged from frequent use

a spoonful of ghee I would eat, too much like a sweet treat

sauces - most W30 are mayo or coconut based.  I have a yummy garlic sauce but it only has 3 g of fat per tablespoon.

Meal 2 12:11  so I can make it through taking kid and friend out to lunch after early dismissal, they want to go to KFC.

beef polish sausage  ( must get more of these), oven roasted asparagus as did not have time for root veggies.  it is delicious! and ot think I made fun of spouse for buying asparagus on sake in February.  cauli mash with ghee, baked apple

Re: avocados, I've found I can only buy them from a good produce store. Anywhere else including regular supermarkets they just aren't good enough and have brown spots or go bad fast. I buy them hard, let them ripen on the counter for about 3 days before they are edible, then once they start to get too soft put them in the fridge to keep them good a few more days.

For coffee I use coconut cream instead of milk. It's basically solid fat. Doesn't taste amazing but gets fat into my breakfast. I don't like fatty meat so those two, plus ghee on my veggies are my only sources of fat.

Yay for waking up with energy! On another note, buy your avocados hard as rocks. When they give just a little they are ready to eat. Keep them in the fridge to last longer and eat them out of the peel with a spoon. I eat like two avocados a day. I love them and hate all other fats that I can easily eat. Also, when they are firmer they are a million times easier to cut. An underripe avocado will be hardish but honestly it will taste exactly the same as a ripe one so go with underripe versus overripe. 

You can also drench some cold veggies with olive oil.

Meal three last night was the chicken and I made a salad (cucumber, tomato, avocado, green beans, salt, pepper, olive oil). The chicken marinade was bomb! I will definitely do it again.

This morning I ate more pizza egg muffins, and an avocado. For lunch I had more sweet potato applesauce mash and plantain casserole. In a bit I am going to eat more salad and chicken for early dinner before I go to my first ever roller derby practice! I'm bringing lots of things to snack on after in case I'm starved. 

Cravings have been pretty bad. I daydream of cheese and the other day there were cooking in the staff room. I grabbed one just to hold and smelled it for like five minutes, pretending that I was eating it. Cravings aren't as bad today as they were yesterday and the day before, but damn, I see food I can't eat everywhere. My boyfriend eating girl scout cookies next to me last night felt like it was killing me.

Carmen at least you shouldn't' be able to think of food at roller derby.  or at least you have a place to channel aggression.  Have fun!

kids picked Auntie Annes' which was better because it was in the mall so I didn't' feel as stuck and got a good cup of coffee down the hall.  but after wandering around the mall for half an hour we ended up at Starbucks.  I fell to the lure of dried apple with cinnamon. 

Meal 3 4:53

turkey  slices with mayo and garlic sauce,  1 fist sweet potato with lots of ghee,  autumn fruit salad  - probably could have used a green veg, pineapple ginger club soda drink

meal 4 8:15 not sure I needed this or it was juts habit and wanting the burger

beef burger,  mushrooms sautéed in olive oil and ghee, green beans, finished pineapple drink, kombucha

NSV for real  wedding ring ws looser this morning  ( though not now)

anti nails are chipping again

more nsv to consider

healthier gums - I would notice if they started bleeding

less stiff and painful joints - never lost this one since 1st W30, hope I would notice if it came back

libido? I am menopausal so it could go either way any way, at least no PMS

less stomach pain?  I will try to note when I have it so I can see if there is a "less" it seems pretty infrequent to me as it is

Yay for your NSV! Congratulations!!!!! 

I am super super bloated so my happiness over looking thinner has faded. I'm hoping that I'm looking thinner again some time next week. Roller derby will help with some cardio! Though today it was all about the thigh muscles. Goodness, it is hard to skate in quads. I spent a couple of hours learning the basics and my entire lower half is aching. I will be doing many many squats to get my strength up. 

One NSV for me was going breakfast, lunch, and dinner today with no snacks in-between. I felt nice and fed and wasn't hungry at all in between meals. 

Super glad to be 1/3 of the way through, though I'm doing nine days of reintro at the end (Dairy, grains, and gluten grains). I don't eat legumes hardly at all and I'm not worried about alcohol but I will be interested to see what the other food groups will do to me. 

Carmen it will get better.  good reintro plan

day 12 Thursday 2/16/17

Meal 1 7:43 - late

3 eggs with red pepper cooked with olive oil, backed off on oil and eggs were better,  sweet potato with ghee, green beans

going to a meeting will have black coffee

I felt like a truck ran my over this morning. I ended up texting my colleague when I got up asking if he was going to be in his classroom this morning. (Sometimes he has meetings). He came by when he was in so I could get coffee from his room which I needed to make it through the morning. I had my coffee black which was alright along with my egg muffins. I made sure to eat first so that I didn't end up skipping breakfast.

I'm about to eat lunch, and right now I'm just happy it's over halfway through my Thursday workday. I'm drained from this week and cannot wait for my three-day weekend. This week has been challenging, but my fifth period class was great today! One student who I have constant problems with didn't distract the class today like usual, so I'm hoping she is having a turnaround. I've been working with her mother and her very closely these last few weeks on her behavior and attitude. 

My body is aching, but it is a good ache. I'm getting stronger, and am happy to find something I enjoy that will help keep me active. The only times in my life I have managed to stay active are when I'm involved in a sport. I have no motivation to work out by myself.

Carmen I am sure your student and her mom will be very happy.  good to know you found a sport even if it really works you over.

Meal 2 12:43

even though my meeting let out early I walked around mall. at least some movement.  I had a 16 oz. black coffee so I needed to move.

brisket with a 2 bites of carrot and onion.  baked apple, roasted asparagus

Those baked apples with coconut oil  weren't' SWYPO they were flat out sex.  glad I made them last long time.  they are going on my dinner party menu list.  Really proud I never binged on them or made them a whole meal

Archived