JenHZ Feb 2017

JenHZ

Carmen as long as you are learning how your body works you can keep making the best choices for you

yes I have been sick over a week.  pretty common for me when I have a cold.

day 18 Wednesday 2/22/17

Meal 1 8:20 got up a t 6:30 with cough, still not really hungry due to headache will take Advil after I eat

chicken salad, sweet potato with ghee, green beans

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meal 2 12:09

I did have lara bar earlier for nausea, irrigating  my sinuses seems to have helped a lot.  why do I forget that?

beef sausage, hash browns crisped in  avocado oil, broccoli

kid and friend planning on KFC for lunch, just going to lurk over my phone and try to find smell of grease disgusting

Wed m3 4? Banana , nuts (L here)

M4 8? Beef burger, mushrooms roast garlic ghee

Day 19 thrusday 2/23

M1 8:50

3 eggs, spinach, sweet potato with ghee  ( avocado rotted)

Book lclub  Panera no lunch

Starbucks with M & C no prob

Dinner for theater show

M2?

11:30 salad greens with olive oil, black coffee Panera

12:45 prosciutto and nuts at home

1:45 hard-boiled egg, fruit, black coffee Starbucks

M3 4;15 nuts

Found frozen w30 compliant meals at new market beet something brand, beet-nik no dash

Ok going to round out meal 3

Today has been rough. Practice kicked my butt last night and I am sore and achy. Also, tomorrow there is going to be hundreds of donuts in the staff room meant to celebrate because the students did so well in their testing. It's going to be hard watching everyone but me eat them. I love donuts :(

Sometimes when I'm having a hard time I remember this quote from Kate Moss: "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

Now, there are very many problems with that phrase, and many reasons why I don't like it. I do think it spreads negative messages, especially to young girls, but I do keep it in mind anyhow because it helps me. I've been struggling with my weight for a few years, and while I would never starve myself, it helps me remember that what I eat has consequences and while a donut may taste good, I won't feel good later after eating it. So, tomorrow, I am going to imagine how I am going to feel when I step on that scale on day 31, and remind myself that being happy and comfortable in my body is more important than eating a donut. (Because in all honesty I do need to lose weight. I don't care about getting skinny, but I am definitely overweight and unhappy about it). 

Breakfast was frittata and lunch was plantain casserole. I still feel full and it's almost five so I count that as a success. Dinner tonight is leftovers. I'm too tired to cook.

You could rephrase the Moss quote as "Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels", or, to further dilute it, but also to not emphasize the stereotype that healthy food doesn't taste good, something like "No junk food is worth compromising my health".

@JenHZ and @kirkor

Thank you! I love those phrases so much more! Especially "no junk food is worth compromising my health." 

Tomorrow I am somehow even more sore than yesterday which is all kinds of fun (not). Breakfast is frittata again. I'm starting to get bored with it. I'm going to try making something new for breakfasts next week. I still love my plantain casserole though!

Lunch was more plantain casserole! I still enjoy it though I think I will try something new next week. My day has been hard. My entire body aches and I just got to spend thirty minutes of my prep dealing with a student stealing from another instead of getting stuff done. I'm feeling crappy and know that I should be getting things done in the classroom but I really just want to take a nap and vent instead. 

Carmen that is a bad thing to have to deal with.  do you have a place to vent?

Day 20 Friday 2/24/17

no tiger blood yet but really with this cold who would know?

meal1 3 eggs, hasbrowns and spinach all cooked together

meal 2 around 11:30

salmon salad, salad greens, 1/2 hard boiled egg, cherry tomatoes and avocado chunks

great idea for our potluck hostess  provides salad greens, we all bring toppings an do a salad bar.  I made the salmon salad an have lots less as attendance was lower than we thought

meal 3 should  be around 4 pm

meal3 was at 4 and was Snacky Snacky Snacky

waited too long to eat after a very moderate meal 2

prosciutto, nuts, carrots and tahini sauce, pear, kombucha, and a fizzy water drink with pineapple juice and ginger from the w30 cookbook

Meal 4 a bit after 8

roast chicken and roast asparagus, decaf espresso

I can vent at home sometimes, but in this case I had no one to talk to about it until I went home.

My back is KILLING me. I think I strained it at practice Wednesday. I have been taking a bunch of ibuprofen and I've started doing some yoga stretches to get some blood flow in and heal but it is miserable. Prep and grocery shopping tomorrow will be a challenge. I'm going to honestly just look for the easiest possible recipes that I can.

I'll probably buy a bunch of frozen vegetables for dinners and get an easy to cook meat like more of the compliant bacon that I just made in the oven or more sausage. It will be boring eating the same thing all week but I just really can't stand over an oven for multiple hours. 

Breakfast this morning was a lara bar. I wasn't hungry at all but I needed to eat to take the meds. I'll probably have some hard-boiled eggs with turkey and an orange in a little bit and I have a tiny bit of plantain casserole leftover for dinner possibly. I'm going out with my boyfriend to lunch. Wish me luck!

Good luck on the eating out and hope your back heals quickly.  an easy cooking week sounds ideal for you

interesting challenge tomorrow.  going to make cookies.  but they are for eating 2-3 weeks from now.  but both the intervening weekends are booked up

Meal 1 8:45

prosciutto, sweet potato with ghee, coffee with coconut milk

Terrible time getting off to class, spilled my  coffee pourover, yelped as I leapt away.  which ended up awakening spouse in a panic, who proceeded to tell me he is going to visit a friend in rehab who needs a pile of mysteries

made it to class on time. disappointing as it didn't' really cover the topic I wanted.  I did learn tons more about person centered planning

Meal2 1:00

salmon salad, pineapple, sweet potato with ghee

I was really craving crackers that's why the sweet potato again.  but why the cracker craving.  because I picked one up yesterday.  because I wanted crunch/comfort after disappointing class?

Meal 3 4:16

2 scrambled eggs, sweet potato with ghee  ( left from m2 ) clementine

I guess it was a carving not a carb need as I did not eat much of the sweet potato.

nasal congestion is making it hard to eat without coughing so green veg do not appeal

I am so sorry that you are still sick! I hope you get better soon.

My back still hurts, and I'm really dreading work tomorrow. There are very few times where I can manage to sit down at work so it will be a struggle. I'm continuing to stretch and take ibuprofen. I really hope it heals soon, or at least becomes more manageable. Today grocery shopping was miserable. I ended up leaning over the cart the whole time in pain.

Eating out yesterday was a success. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and I got a burger wrapped in lettuce with no seasoning or sauce. I had tomato, lettuce, onion, mushrooms and mustard on it along with sweet potato fries with mustard. It was delicious and it was so nice to not have to cook. Dinner last night was chicken and green beans,

Breakfast this morning was a weird mix of chicken, pistachios, and a lara bar. Late lunch/early dinner was the last of my plantain casserole. I'm not really as hungry as I feel like I should be for only eating two meals, but my appetite has been seriously shrinking.

I'm pretty excited for breakfast tomorrow. I've made a spinach salad with almonds, strawberries and strawberry vinaigrette with a few slices of mango, then topped with more mango wrapped in prosciutto. It looks like delicious and I'm seriously hoping for a yummy breakfast. All my other breakfast dishes haven't been great. Lunch this week will be super boring. I bought a bunch of sausage, canned green beans, and some frozen veggies I can heat up. I really can't do another week of cooking. I'm hoping I can re energize this week so that I can make it through the re intro. 

Carmen that is bad back pain.  hope you make it through work.  certainly a no big cooking week.  I love prosciutto wrapped mango.  but your breakfast may need another protein  ( an egg>??)  I  can't ever eat a whole protein serving of prosciutto due to how salty it is

M4 8:04

leftover roasted chicken reheated and topped with garlic sauce,  roasted parsnips and carrots  /bacon fat, broccoli, kombucha

poor spouse was so tired he skipped dinner, hope he isn't sick

I am better but still full of mucous and food is not appealing, still coughing too much to exercise too

Back is feeling better but not great, but I will take better!!

I added a ton of almonds to the salad so I think it was enough protein. I felt well-fed until lunch but I also ate half my breakfast before first period and the other half during third period so that might be why. I'm having a really hard time finishing breakfast before first period. Tomorrow I'm just going to eat during first period. I just can't eat before. I end up forcing myself to eat and never can really eat proper portions.

Lunch was hot sausages and green beans. 

I did not want to get out of bed today but my energy at work has been good. I feel ready to tackle some things before going home, and boy do I have a lot to tackle. I have an IEP to prepare, and reading group lessons to make before I leave today. I'm already looking forward to some corn tortillas next Wednesday! 

it is true real meals take a lot longer to eat.  I am getting up 15 minutes earlier to eat breakfast and it's not really enough

2:45 had a lara bar before I left to pick kid up.  really glad I did as she had gotten ill right at the end of school.  good thing I had my gym pants in the car.  while I was in there helping her get cleaned up and changed wet snow started.  we didn't get home until 4:45 after some tense driving   . usually we are home at 4

meal3 4:54

sweet potato with lots of ghee (potato was really dry)  roast beef with horseradish, nuts toasted in avocado oil

Archived