JenHZ Feb 2017

JenHZ

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 24 Tuesday 2/28/17

Thanks @Georgina2  she seems fine since.  she has odd motility so it was probably just that and not an germ thing

meal 1 3 scrambled eggs 7:50 when I got up at 6;25

so hard to eat in 1st hour  y  mornings are on auto pilot and I haven't' gotten the timely breakfast habit in there yet

also still gaggy when I eat, go away darn cold!

I didn't have breakfast this morning until third period. I woke up at 6:15, got ready and went to work then went straight into an hour-long meeting. My coworker brought me coffee as a thank you for helping her out the day before and I ended up drinking the whole thing during the meeting which affected my appetite.

I didn't eat until 10:30 and had the same breakfast as yesterday. On meeting days it is really hard to eat within an hour of waking up. I'm just consigned to the fact that it is not going to happen.

Lunch was leftover vegetables, and more sausage. I feel pretty good but I did not want to get out of bed this morning. I was so drained. I did, however, work for almost eleven hours yesterday so that probably has a lot to do with it.

Carmen  we bring fruit to meetings but it isn't a great breakfast

M 3 4:15 quickie

leftover roast chicken,  roasted root veggies, nuts

will see how tonight goes, have to rush from kid's riding to a shiva call.  have an epic bar in my purse

Day 5 Wednesday 3/1/17

got through a hard evening.  M4 ended up being just 1 bite of epic bar as the salmon one was too peppery for me + 2 bananas, nuts, black coffee and a clementine at the shiva call

I was hungry most of the day yesterday probably due to poor breakfast.  starving when I woke up this morning so I ate within an hour of getting up.  not a sustainable method!

M 1 3 scrambled eggs with olive oil, sweet potato with ghee.

Day 26 Thursday 3/2/17

m1 scrambled eggs, sweet potato with ghee

late weed day M1 without prep is not good

plans meeting take my own coffee with coconut cream

lunch out salad?  take nuts or red robin of on my own

buy ghee, check stuff for kid

cold cuts for m3

m4 is all cooked chicken caccitore from w30 book and spaghetti squash

Friday day 27

coffee with girls  just coffee!

lunch out again or cold cuts

m3/4 together leftover chicken caccitore

Saturday comic con day 28

egg breakfast with chicken sausage

take cold cuts and such for lunch

m3/4 daily grill I know what I can have there either fish or steak

Sunday repeat Saturday day 29 except maybe dinner at home

Monday day 30 ?

Tuesday reintro  soy

soy latte if I can find soymilk without carrageenan and if not I guess it is a double intro

lunch sushi with soy sauce and miso soup

m3 edemame?

m 4 veggie burger though I am sure that has additives too

Wednesday and Thursday w30

Friday vegas

Yesterday I had the same salad for breakfast though I had a really hard time eating the mango/prosciutto combo for some reason. I loved it the other days. Oh well. Lunch was sausage and vegetables.

I am completely exhausted. I had a very long day yesterday. I had to deal with someone hacking into my Apple account. I thought it was not going to be too long of a call (I thought about twenty minutes would close my account and reverse any charges), but it took an hour and a half. One of my students was suspended for bringing a knife to school so I got to deal with that too and my usual planning which has ramped up as of late.

I made salmon and asparagus for dinner which was delicious but I didn't get to even change into comfy clothes and relax until after nine last night because I was so busy. I'm sitting at my desk right now and I need to plan activities for two of my reading groups, but I'm exhausted. I think I'll shift the schedule around because I am way too tired to plan anything at the moment. 

Thanks Jen!

And then of course yesterday after work I had a migraine and felt miserable until it was time for bed. I also think I'm now getting a cough. I definitely thought seriously about quitting last night but I threw together a random meal of things and went to bed and I am so glad I didn't quit last night.

This morning's breakfast is sausage, a banana, and a chocolate unsweetened almond milk. The brand is Pop & Bottle and it has all compliant ingredients: (water, almonds, dates, cacao powder, and salt). It's pretty good and an easy way to get good fat in if I don't want an avocado.  

I can't believe reintro is next week!!! Though there is definitely a part of me that wants to just quit on day 31.

I will have to look for that almond milk

BTW when I say sushi in my reintro plan it is really sashimi - I was told the other day that sushi means the rice

last nights dinner was terrific, a sure meal to repeat and reheatable

no leftovers for tonight though.  I do have burgers cooked in the fridge but will need veggies

Friday Day 27 3/3/17

M1 the same eggs and sweet potato.  didn't' finish it due to time to leave

coffee with "girls"  I did get non sugar non sweetened cocoa powder in my drip coffee, terrific.  I think that is a choice I can live with going forward if it doesn't waken the Sugar dragon

@Carmen Azcona I get migraines too; they have been less on the whole 30 but what I've noticed with the crazy weather my state has been having that I am reacting terrible to barometric pressure changes and my medicine doesn't really seem to help with those migraines.  So I was just doing some research and there is a lot of information out there about using feverfew and/or ginger to relieve migraine/headache pain.  I can't do the first because of allergies (it's in the daisy/ragweed family) but I'm going to try using ginger and see what happens.  

@JenHZ I think you could have sashimi now, if you skipped the soy sauce.  My daughter likes sushi but only california rolls so we will order a Rainbow roll and she eats the roll part and I have the sashimi fish off the top.

@Georgina2 Thank you for the recommendation! I will try that next time.

Lunch was salmon, asparagus, and carrots dipped in guacamole. It is my new favorite way to eat carrots. I will definitely be using it as a snack in the future after Whole 30. My digestion has been awful the last week and I haven't been eaten any new foods so I'm not sure what is going on but it is frustrating. It is one of the main reasons I started and it's honestly only gotten worse. I don't know what is happening.

@Carmen Azcona the standard answers are 1 you need more time or 2 one of your standard foods is part of what is upsetting your system.  there are additional  things you can eliminate if you are up for it

but having a stress filled life can be a factor too  

hope you find some good places to make changes

@Georgina2 true on sashimi but I need to have something to try soy sauce on :)

M2 red robin

this time they told me guacamole "may" have sugar.  but helpfully reminded me I  could have avocado

burger ( no seasoning) lettuce wrap, tomato, onion, avocado, side of steamed broccoli , club soda with lemon

still kind of hungry so having black coffee

m3 2;30 Lara Cinnamon Roll bar  ( these may be in the Too Good category)  but I had to go to grocery store

M4 chicken spinach burger, rest of sweet potato and ghee from m1, pear

will probably have some fruit after services

That lara cinnabon bar sounds delicious!!!

Also, I think the culprit might be green beans. I'm going to lay off of them for a while and see. My digestion was already better today without them and I ate a lot of them last week. I'm hoping I'm right.

Dinner friday night was more salmon, asparagus, and carrots in guacamole.

I skipped breakfast yesterday and today because I was lazing in bed and sleeping intermittently. I really needed to just rest. Also I'm coming down with a cough/light cold so I'm getting all the extra sleep that I can.

I had salmon with mushrooms and squash last night for dinner.

Today's lunch is mango, bacon, and a fresh squeezed vegetable juice. Dinner will be burgers.

I went shopping today and got super excited buying my things for my reintroduction. Wednesday I'm having rice, corn tortillas and corn chips, and Saturday I'm having greek yogurt, cheese, and ice cream. It was really fun picking it out.

I'm trying not to get too excited about reaching day30 because I still have nine days of reintro after. 

Changed up dinner. I made a huge batch of chicken coconut curry stew for lunches this week and made too much so I had some for dinner tonight and gave a bunch to my boyfriend who liked it. It's not as good as the plantain casserole but it's still tasty. It was my first time making a soup and my first time working with curry spices. Tomorrow is your last day Jen!! Woohoo! 

thanks Carmen

I really don't' know what I would do if I had to give up green beans.  they are my most favorite vegetable.  I usually eat up the leftovers when I clear the table.  But then again they agree with my insides.  giving up foods that make you ill is so worth it in the long run.

found out my favorite restaurant makes their aioli with real clarified butter and no nonw30 ingredients! had a grilled  artichoke and steak with a raw salsa too

Archived