JenHZ Feb 2017

JenHZ

Brisket sounds really really good right now. I think I am going to have to make some this weekend! 

Lunch was sweet potato mash and plantain casserole. I still love the casserole every time I eat it so I think I'll make another batch for next week. I am so happy it is already Thursday. Tonight's dinner is some chicken apple sausage and veggies (not sure which ones yet). I have not snacked once today so that make almost two days in a row! 

Hoping that I have a huge surge of energy tomorrow or at least by next week. We are starting reading groups and that is going to require a lot of energy to set up a curriculum for three different books while maintaining my current curriculum. I took over the job in October and the last teacher left me with NOTHING, so I've been winging it. I'm hoping I haven't set myself up for failure.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Breakfast was more egg muffins and an avocado. I also had a cup of black coffee which I am actually starting to enjoy the taste of. I'm thinking about buying some really nice black coffee that I can drink sometimes in the morning. I have been trying to order an espresso machine for a couple of months but the one I really like is out of stock. My colleague has a keurig though which I can always use.

I did more squats last night so my lower half is aching. I'm excited to get strong, but am also really looking forward to crawling into bed when I get home. Dinner is leftovers so that is easy at least.

I love good black coffee. 

@Carmen Azcona  my daughter always loves reading groups.  hope it is not too much work for you and that your students love it too.

Friday 2/17/17

Meal 3 3 eggs scrambled, sweet potato with ghee

my throat didnt' want anything that wasn't smooth.  not going ot fight it today

praises be my house keeper is able to work here today, 1 day without dishes  ( ok until after dinner)

meal 4 last night ended up being red Robin.  chicken was taking too long to  roast and spouse didnt' want an emergency meal and I wasn't up for resistance when I knew I could get a compliant meal

burger ( no red robin seasoning)  found out they are flame grilled so no grill oil, lettuce onion, tomato, guacamole      steamed broccoli as a side

upside dinner is cooked for today

still feeling ooky and no good reason as I will have lots of free time in upcoming week, I usually only get sick when it is really inconvenient.

Good to know that Red Robin is compliant! My boyfriend was asking if I wanted to go out tonight so that might end up being it.

I didn't eat as many egg muffins this morning as usual because I wanted to get some fat in. That was a mistake. Ended up eating a lara bar halfway through the morning because I got hungry again.

For lunch I had two clementines, sweet potato mash, and plantain casserole. I still love the casserole and am definitely making it again next week! I'm excited to eat more, but also happy that that is one less meal that I have to figure out. 

My energy has been good but I also had coffee. I'm hoping I don' drop down in energy this afternoon. I have a lot to plan before Tuesday.

enjoy longer prep time.  do check your Red Robin, ingredients can vary by location.  they have great allergy info but you have to ask about sugar and sweeteners

meal 2 McCormic and Smick's  12:45

hope they got my order right.  the plate came out with a container for butter sauce but all else looked good

plain rockfish, tropical fruit salsa, spinach sauted in olive oil with garlic, club soda with lemon, green tea, followed with an espresso

Meal 3 bacon, sweet potato with ghee, banana 4:20

Meal 4 will eat a little chicken with kid before I leave for synagogue.  I know she won't eat it without me.   have roasted plantains but I just had a banana

Day 14 Saturday 2/18/17

Meal 1 turkey slices and 3 pieces bacon, sweet potato with ghee, autumn fruit salad

still sick, did enjoy bacon even though it was crunchy

tea and rest and getting kid through formal dance are goals for today

Last night's dinner was leftovers, which was easy. I ended up working until around 5:30 until I finally made myself leave my classroom so I was in no position to cook when I got home.

Breakfast was eggs, kale, spinach, bell peppers, mushrooms and onions. I added in red pepper flakes and garlic powder and it was delicious!

Apparently when I went to roller derby by boyfriend went out and didn't eat the chicken I made. (I made enough to last us both two nights). That's going to be my lunch along with some broccoli and cauliflower.

Dinner will be more leftovers.

I'm making my grocery list and am hoping to get to the store today. Tomorrow will be prepping but no as much as last weekend. I'm thinking of making frittatas for the morning, plantain casserole for lunch, and picking up more sausage and easy to roast vegetables for dinners. I'm debating making the same marinade from last week that I LOVED but my boyfriend thought was meh, or trying a new one. We will see.

I'm a little sleepy today but I also stayed up much later than normal last night. I'm relieved to have three days of rest. I'll be watching Star Trek reruns and lounging in bed.

Had a change of plans. Ending up falling asleep after breakfast and woke up a couple of hours later. I made my shopping list but by then my boyfriend was on his way home so I waited for him, and then we picked up stuff for an early dinner instead.

We made steak, shrimp, asparagus and roasted zucchini. I feel full now but it's still early so if I get hungry later I will have some chicken and maybe a lara bar since I don't' have any more cooked veggies left. Those hash browns sound interesting.

Also, my sister showed me a link to the whole30 Facebook. I guess a while back they decided that W30ers can eat regular potatoes as well, but french fries are still a no. I wish I had known this sooner! Sweet potatoes are okay but I'm not a huge fan of them. I don't know if I'll eat any regular potatoes during my W30 journey but it is nice to have the option.

Meal 3 8 pm

compliant chicken sausage,  sweated onions, broccoli

tough that my spouse had a very tasty looking blueberry cider he was drinking.  even though I wouldn't' drink  it with a cold anyways

Day 16 Monday 2/20/17

up at 7:30 with sinus headache and nausea, already took a psuedaphed.

going to try eating some cooked frozen green beans so I can take my anti nausea med and migraine meds.  I cant' take the anti nausea meds on and empty stomach, usually I have a poptart but not now

I really hope you feel better soon! Way to stick with it even when you are feeling poorly though! I don't know that I would be able to do the same.

Meal one was very late today. I woke up super early this morning and stayed up for a little bit before going back to sleep. I didn't eat until around noon. I had some frittata and bacon, along with a La Croix. I really needed this three-day weekend. I'm starting to get overwhelmed with all of the prepping and cooking while working overtime. I feel like I'm not getting as much rest as I need to be getting. This week shouldn't be too bad since I'm only working four days but I'm already dreading next week. I'll have less time to prep and I have a lot going on next week.

My goal this week is to get all my planning done ahead of time. I want to lay out exactly what I need to cook and what I need to get before the weekend begins so I have more time to relax. I have a game night set next Friday and I already said I would be cooking a few things, so I'm hoping that won't be too much added stress. 

hope your planning and week go well Carmen

Meal1 also contained an apple pie Lara bar

Meal 2 2;20

wanted soup but it wasn't defrosted yet

beef sausage, sweet potato with ghee, last of the autumn fruit salad - I heated that up so it was like a compote

meds have kicked in so I am not in pain but am kind of loopy

Thank you!!

Early dinner/late lunch was green beans, avocado and chicken breast. I don't know if I'll be hungry for dinner. Sleeping in late really messes up my food schedules but I'm back to work tomorrow and back to normal meal times. I'm a little sleepy so I'm hoping I can fall asleep early tonight. Roller derby practice was canceled today because of the rain (the warehouse we practice in has a questionable roof with tarps preventing direct rain hitting the floor but when it is really rainy the floor does still end up wet.) I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or relieved. I had tons of fun last week but was sore for days and I'm feeling pretty sluggish today so I'm not sure how my body would fare. It seems like a lot of others around this point in their W30 are having difficulty exercising as well. I'm hoping it wears off soon.

So stoked to be halfway done though I have to keep reminding myself I'm planning a 9 day reintro after so I'm not quite halfway really. 

meal 4 7:00

banana and almond butter

I was hungry and didnt'

want to make my stomach hurt again.  good reallysince  rest of familya te dinner after 8

Day 17 Tuesday 2/21/17

woke up at 6;30 with headache.  finally got hungry for real around 8:45

meal 1 9:00

chicken sausage, green beans, sweet potato with ghee

happy to have my appetite back

Yay for appetites! I hope you continue to be on the mend.

Breakfast was an egg frittata with asparagus, mushroom, zucchini, sausage and bell peppers. Lunch is plantain casserole! I made another batch but my plantains weren't as ripe as last time which is a bummer. 

I'm feeling pretty efficient today. I don't have a huge surge of energy but I feel like I am getting things done and my mind is clear. I believe that is an NSV for me! 

meal 2 2:00

Nordstrom's grill, "cobb salad" minus a few ingredients, ended up with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and egg.  forgot to ask how the chicken was cooked so I didn't' eat it.  and the grapes from kid's fruit cup  ( they may have sugared the strawberries but there was no sauce/juice in the bowl)

found out my usual favorite the is cooked in butter so not W30, probably still fine when not

got though movie with an espresso.  bonus of going to 11 am show is I wasn't at all hungry.  we saw Lego Batman with kid's friend

Meal 3 6:30

banana and almond butter, throat is getting sore again

WTG on efficiency Carmen

Thank you! I'm sorry about your sore throat. It seems like you have been sick for quite a while :(

Dinner last night was sausage and vegetables. I woke up briefly in the middle of the night last night but then slept straight until my alarm went off. Boy, was that jarring. I think I was in the middle of a REM cycle. I feel pretty rested today which is nice, though I'm really getting sick of cooking. I've had people ask me if I am going to try to keep up with this lifestyle after the 30 days and reintro, and there is just no way I could do it. I enjoy cooking for fun and trying new recipes but I hate cooking for necessity, and W30 cooking has been taking its toll on me. 

Archived