Cinnamon and Drinks

SLG

So I am on day 2. I have carefully planned out my meals from the whole30 book, and I am doing great with them thus far. However, It is difficult for me to only drink water :( I usually drink water with Crystal Light packets, but that is not an option, so yesterday and today I have been just drinking water. Is there a way to flavor water naturally? I do add lemon and lime, but I was looking for other good infusions. Also...is cinnamon allowed? 

Thanks in advance! 

• Moderators

I like to infuse water -- I leave a pitcher of water with slices of fruit or herbs or spices in the fridge overnight, and then the next day, it's take on the flavors of whatever I put in it. Cucumber is nice in the summer -- sometimes with some lemon or some fresh mint. Sliced apples, sliced fresh ginger, and a cinnamon stick is good too. Sliced oranges or really any citrus fruit. If you google infused water, you should find tons of flavor suggestions. You'll also find special pitchers to use, but I don't bother with that, I just use a pitcher that I already have, or even just a mason jar.

You can also put some tea bags in a pitcher of water in the fridge overnight and they'll infuse flavor into the water, if you don't feel like boiling water to make tea. It works with regular teas or herbal, non-caffeinated ones. And you can combine tea bags and fruit -- so you could put a couple of bags of hibiscus tea and some sliced oranges in a pitcher, for instance.

Do remember that plain water is good for you, and it's good to make sure most of your water is plain water. Infused waters and teas are a nice change when you're bored, but it's good to be used to just plain water.

Archived