skipping Meals

Mytwogirls2

This is day two for me and I've been following the rules.  I found myself eating breakfast which was : 2 eggs, sautéed kale and 2 slices of bacon for breakfast Lunch I am eating at 4 p.m.   Beef tips in slow cooker and fresh sautéed mix vegetables.. broccoli, Brussel sprouts, carrots shredded cabbage and snap peas because I wasn't hungry from the water I've been drinking.  Should I force myself to eat? I don't' want my body to go into starvation mode.

Also, what kind meat can we have? kibasa sausage? or already made sausage?

What time was breakfast? And how much water are you drinking?

On day 2 I think you can't really trust your hunger signals so, yes, you need to eat - plate up a template meal and eat from it what you can, ensuring you get something from each food group of protein, fat & veg.

You can have any kind of meat you look so long as there are no off plan ingredients added to it. Check the labels on your sausages (& anything esle that comes in a package!) as they could have all kinds of off plan stuff in them - sugar, soy, sulphotes & gluten being the likely culprits.

• Moderators

Yes, you should eat three meals a day 4-5 hours apart.  You cannot rely on your own hunger signals if you're feeling fine eating that little of food in a day.  I also don't see fat in the beef tips lunch.

You can have any kind of meat you want as long as it's compliant (no non compliant ingredients).  Unlikely you'll find compliant kilbasa but you might....

• Moderators
1 minute ago, jmcbn said:

you can't really trust your hunger signals so, yes, you need to eat - 

You can have any kind of meat you look so long as there are no off plan ingredients added to it. 

Just now, SugarcubeOD said:

Yes, you should eat three meals a day 4-5 hours apart.  You cannot rely on your own hunger signals if you're feeling fine eating that little of food in a day. 

You can have any kind of meat you want as long as it's compliant (no non compliant ingredients).  

LOL... I felt like someone was in my head with me just now... turns out it was you Julie!

1 minute ago, Mytwogirls2 said:

breakfast was at 9:20am

Then you definitely can't trust your hunger signals. Breakfast wasn't even that big.....

What did you eat like previously? Have you come from a background of food/calorie restriction?

9 minutes ago, Mytwogirls2 said:

I've been on fad diets where my calories was restricted.  I've been on all types of diets recently low carb.  Calorie restriction eventually became the focus and then I ended stalling and not losing weight.

Ok, so this is not a diet, and a big part of what we want you to learn here is to listen to your body, and to understand when it's truly hungry. Two days and such a long gap between breakfast and lunch and I'd say your hormones are well out of whack and you've some re-balancing to do before you can really trust what you think are hunger signals right now.

Plate up your meals, three times a day (the first within an hour of wakening), and make a concerted effort to eat what you can , plating up the remainder to eat as soon as you feel able. Your appetite will soon sort itself out, and you'll know when you're hungry.

Remember that the meal template is the absolute minimum you should be eating.... 1-2 palm sized pieces of protein, 1-3 cups of veg (but seriously, just FILL your plate), and a generous serving of fat.

No calorie counting, no weighing.

2 hours ago, Rachellecooper said:

Never skip your food. Only by having food you can remain healthy. What you should do is reduce the quantity and have protein and nutrients rich food.

We really don't recommend that anyone on Day 2 with questionable hunger signals decrease the quantity they're eating. That's not going to help fix the hormonal issues causing them to not feel hungry in the first place. 

Archived