March 27 start, Time to SHINE!!

cortadoplease

Ladies, 'Oatless Oatmeal' (or fauxmeal as it's often called) is a recreation of a traditional breakfast food (a faux food if you like) whichever way you look at it, and is SWYPO in my opinion. I believe Shannon already called a few of you out on it and so you've added more eggs, or more zucchini, or whatever...

It's technically compliant, but I'd ask myself why I was wanting to try to 'make it fit', so as to rely so heavily on something that's replacing my cereal/yoghurt/oats/traditional SAD breakfast, rather than trying to work on that habit - one of the key principles of the program.

Just sayin'! ;)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all day 5 --

Yesterday was a wash. Grumble whine whimper $&@/ all day. Got nothing done but laundry.  Cravings galore. I stayed compliant though. 

Thank goddess for my cat. He's so funny and cute. And smart! He watches everything I do and can open doors . 

Going to a morning yoga class to see if I can start today right, get on some better footing. Could be I just have to ride it out though cuz I'm feeling a little headachey grumpy again this morning. Jasmine tea helps.   ^_^

day 5.... kind of ehhh... dont want to kill all the things so thats good... but very disinterested in my food today. i had alot of the same stuff this week because i rushed to prepare so i definitely got bored by the end of the week. also i really would like some chocolate :wacko: ... 

Hi All,

Happy Friday. I can't say much has changed from yesterday to today. I've been focusing more on detoxing: lots of water, yoga, deep breathing, and sleep! I had a lovely detox bath last night with Epsom salts and baking soda. The sleep I had after the bath was glorious!!!

Today has been my toughest cravings-wise. I'm a little more grumpy today, too! I've stayed compliant although I've thought about jumping off the wagon more than a few time today. I know it will pass. I'm focusing on making some new and interesting dishes for the following week!  Yes!!! 

@bronnyd @ncoughlinI feel like I'm right there with you :)  No cravings for chocolate but I'd love some honey in my morning coffee!!!

@harpchickI'm happy to hear I'm not the only one going through the breakouts. Mine are small spots and only a couple around my temples. Nothing one can see but still annoying! Thanks for sharing the ranch dressing recipe! Yum!

Hope everyone has a great evening!! Stay strong y'all!!!

Well Day 5 is done.  I wouldn't say I was grumpy but I was definitely a bit on edge, and we were both gassy this morning which made for some tense moments at my gym class.   

We went to the movies tonight which was a big test for me because I don't have a sweet tooth I have a salty one.   I love me some buttered movie theatre popcorn. .. it's a food group.   I can say that all I got was a bottle of water. ... I didn't even crave the popcorn.   I have had 5 days of no gut problems and I am not willing to jeprodize that for some popcorn! 

Feeling a bit emotional over something that hurt my feelings tonight.   Hoping to sleep and shake it off.  Hope everyone else had a great day! 

Hello! Good day 5!

Really need to get to bed on time. That's what's killing me the most. Feel good else wise.

http://www.afamilyfeast.com/whole30-salmon-cakes-tartar-sauce/

Having these for dinner except with tuna cause the salmon is frozen.

Tomorrow I'm going to a murder mystery dinner :mellow: going early to setup so I will bring dinner with me and some snacks I can eat.

Hey all - wanted to check in before bed tonight and say how grateful I am for this forum and for W30 even on this #&%! days. Today was much better energy-wise but I could tell the grumpy kill all things was still rearing her little head. I worked out a lot today to get out some of it and feel a lot better. I really enjoy reading all your posts. 

Hah @sooladybug about those 'tense moments in gym class'. I was there this whole week in my yoga classes - we did what's called the 'wind removing pose' and it kinda worked. Today it's better. Think yesterday it all got cleaned out. I hope you can work it out with whoever hurt your feelings. :mellow:

Ate a light dinner after my almost 2 hours of working out tonight. Included a handful of nuts and realize that belly isn't really liking the nuts. I think sunflower and pumpkin seeds are ok but from here on, no more nuts for the rest of this W30. Mwah. 

@Mariannne that epsom bath sounds wonderful. I love epsom baths. They're so good for tired muscles. :) Haven't done one with baking soda too - will have to try. 

Goodnight, sleep tight!

Good morning Team Warriors,

I'm finally feeling a lot more energy than I have in the past few days. And my mood is A LOT better. I'm so happy to be feeling better. Grumpy and depressed was becoming unbearable. No new breakouts here! YES!! I'm still focusing on the W30, more detoxing (water, good sleep, workouts), and generally taking it easy. I feel like once I'm through the initial 10 -14 days, I'll start to coast. I'm feeling better now but certainly not at my best. Progress! ;)

I'm excited to start meal planning and prepping for next week. I was searching egg-less breakfasts and came across this post which included sweet potato toast! Hmm... I thought that would be swypo but apparently not! Well, regardless, I'm going to think outside the box for next week's meals ! ;) If it's not too much work, I'll do a M to F plan, and then a weekend one!! I don't have the W30 cookbook but I have Well Fed 2 which I bought for my first whole30 (back in 2015) and Practical Paleo which has W30 recipes and a wealth of information on adjusting your diet and supplementation for various health issues and health goals. I LOVE it.

I'm open to ideas, as well! Please share what you're making this week.

Pre-w30 I mostly ate Whole30 meals with the exception of breakfast and post-WO meals. Breakfast has been the toughest for me to adjust to.  I'm getting creative and trying new things so it's progressive. I'm giving myself a pat on the back!

@sooladybugI hope you're feeling better after the personal slight. I had a couple of emotional bumps in the last 48 hours. I feel like the W30 exaggerates some of my sadness/anger because this morning, I'm thinking "who cares?!" about the two moments of hurt. I've let it go and put it behind me... vs still holding onto the pain. I hope you're feeling better and you're taking care of you.

@Miranda E: thanks for sharing that recipe! So funny about the commercial! I think your body has skipped ahead to day 10! ;) 

@bronnyd you're my workout inspiration this weekend! ;) 

Happy day everyone! :) 

10 hours ago, Miranda E said:

Also I just watched a dairy Queen commercial. Reese and Reese pieces blizzard...I felt a craving.

Oh stop you are making me want to run out to a DQ now:)

I'm on Day 10 and feel good.   None of the reactions that a lot of people are getting. 

Onwards I go...

G'morning happy April! This morning I said F it and had French toast for breakfast. 

April fools! :P

Haven't even had breaky yet aside from my WEEKEND ESPRESSO which is soooo goooood. And it's decaf. No April fools there - I am just realizing that decaf is what my gut likes. 

@Diannhayden yay day 10! Good to hear you're not getting any of the crap along with decox. It's not fun, but now that I've done this a few times and also am aware of the monkey-mind in general, I know what to expect and how to not buy into the bullsh@# running in my head - ESP. when it's filled with angst and telling me to go to Dairy Queen. ;) Not that you're filled with angst, @Miranda E

Often I find my cravings are grumpy ones. Grumpy whiny cravings saying why not, you deserve it life sucks in some way this is hard yadda which is what I've been going through these last few days. Just want to say that IT"S OK TO FEEL GRUMPY WHINY BITCHY!  Self shaming is the worst and provides no service whatsoever. 

Dunno how today will be - have been feeling pretty ok in the morning (this is new - usually mornings are an indication of how I'll be feeling throughout the day) and then wham the sugar dragon and/or kill all things monster rears up.  

Anyhoo, @NatCanada are you still here? I've been thinking of your question about breakfasts and @Mariannne just posted a great link with some ideas. This sweet potato casserole also is easy and tasty. I throw in cooked sausage with sage for some protein and bake it right in. 

Also, I like to cook up my own conoction of ground sausage -n- greens with some blueberries and a little banana thrown in for breaky. Sausage tastes really good with blueberries and banana cooked with it. My own recipe. I throw in the fruit after the meat and greens (collard/chard) are already cooked. Not much though - about 1/4 cup berries and not the whole banana. 

@Mariannne that Practical Paleo book is another one I've thought about getting. Think my reward for getting through this week is to buy either the W30 cookbook or the Practical Paleo. 

Nest week it's going to be lots of crispy chicken thighs and salmon for lunch and dinner. Recipes to come!

I like to write long posts. :) Going to do a few sun sals and make my ground sausage breaky with a couple fried eggs cuz I love me some fried eggs. Have a good day everyone!

Hi and Happy Day 6 - I finally feel better....more energy. I've been envious of you all and all your activities while I have felt so tired and low energy. I keep wondering if I'm getting enough calories. But - this morning felt great and went for a 10 mile bike ride.  LOVE the Whole30 cookbook - if you are thinking about a reward!

We live in Southern CA and today is beautiful so kids and others are coming over for pool day which also means margaritas by the pool - ARGH! I'm making a concoction of plain LaCroix with squeezed grapefruit and maybe mint. Any other refreshing fun mocktail ideas?

The sweet potatoe casserole sounds so good - thanks for sharing. And Marianne the sweet potatoe toast sounds like a good idea!

Hello! New to this group but I also started on March 27th, along with my boyfriend. I feel like I thought I knew what Whole30 was when we started last Monday but after reading through the website more today, DANG, there was so much information I did not know. I think we did okay for our first week. My BF has been SUPER cranky and irritable, which is extremely odd for him. In the 4 years we have been together, this is the first time I've seen him grumpy, and we have lived together for the last two years. 

Im still breastfeeding my one and half year old so the whole eat full meals and don't snack in between has been really hard for me. Breastfeeding is what caused me to have a sweet tooth and be a constant snacker, so that has been hard to eliminate from my daily routine, and I have not been successful this far. I will keep trying though! I get full when I eat my meals, I just get hungry again a little later. Any tips for getting over that? 

So happy to have discovered this forum! I know I can do anything for 30 days, but having some extra support and wisdom from some of you who have been through the program before will make it much easier! 

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, CM854 said:

Hello! New to this group but I also started on March 27th, along with my boyfriend. I feel like I thought I knew what Whole30 was when we started last Monday but after reading through the website more today, DANG, there was so much information I did not know. I think we did okay for our first week. My BF has been SUPER cranky and irritable, which is extremely odd for him. In the 4 years we have been together, this is the first time I've seen him grumpy, and we have lived together for the last two years. 

Im still breastfeeding my one and half year old so the whole eat full meals and don't snack in between has been really hard for me. Breastfeeding is what caused me to have a sweet tooth and be a constant snacker, so that has been hard to eliminate from my daily routine, and I have not been successful this far. I will keep trying though! I get full when I eat my meals, I just get hungry again a little later. Any tips for getting over that? 

So happy to have discovered this forum! I know I can do anything for 30 days, but having some extra support and wisdom from some of you who have been through the program before will make it much easier! 

Three meals a day and no snacking does not apply to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.  This isnt an open invitation to snack all day, but we want you to eat at least four meals as you are keeping two human beings alive with your body... many breastfeeding women also sip from canned coconut milk or eat whole avocados during the day to keep their fats and thus their milk supply up.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, bronnyd said:

G'morning happy April! This morning I said F it and had French toast for breakfast. 

April fools! :P

Haven't even had breaky yet aside from my WEEKEND ESPRESSO which is soooo goooood. And it's decaf. No April fools there - I am just realizing that decaf is what my gut likes. 

@Diannhayden yay day 10! Good to hear you're not getting any of the crap along with decox. It's not fun, but now that I've done this a few times and also am aware of the monkey-mind in general, I know what to expect and how to not buy into the bullsh@# running in my head - ESP. when it's filled with angst and telling me to go to Dairy Queen. ;) Not that you're filled with angst, @Miranda E

Often I find my cravings are grumpy ones. Grumpy whiny cravings saying why not, you deserve it life sucks in some way this is hard yadda which is what I've been going through these last few days. Just want to say that IT"S OK TO FEEL GRUMPY WHINY BITCHY!  Self shaming is the worst and provides no service whatsoever. 

Dunno how today will be - have been feeling pretty ok in the morning (this is new - usually mornings are an indication of how I'll be feeling throughout the day) and then wham the sugar dragon and/or kill all things monster rears up.  

Anyhoo, @NatCanada are you still here? I've been thinking of your question about breakfasts and @Mariannne just posted a great link with some ideas. This sweet potato casserole also is easy and tasty. I throw in cooked sausage with sage for some protein and bake it right in. 

Also, I like to cook up my own conoction of ground sausage -n- greens with some blueberries and a little banana thrown in for breaky. Sausage tastes really good with blueberries and banana cooked with it. My own recipe. I throw in the fruit after the meat and greens (collard/chard) are already cooked. Not much though - about 1/4 cup berries and not the whole banana. 

@Mariannne that Practical Paleo book is another one I've thought about getting. Think my reward for getting through this week is to buy either the W30 cookbook or the Practical Paleo. 

Nest week it's going to be lots of crispy chicken thighs and salmon for lunch and dinner. Recipes to come!

I like to write long posts. :) Going to do a few sun sals and make my ground sausage breaky with a couple fried eggs cuz I love me some fried eggs. Have a good day everyone!

Be careful with that sweet potato casserole... the recommendation is a fist sized serving of starchy carbs per meal, usuallyi starting with one meal a day and increasing if needed.  Also, vanilla is not compliant so you'll need to leave it out of the recipes, sorry!

Make sure you're getting a full serving of sausage or other protein when you make it as well... remember, one to two palm sized servings (width x thickness x length) at every meal... 

Day 6 is coming to a close and I'm really glad!  Today the tiredness and fatigue really  hit me, also I had a really hard time not getting annoyed at my boyfriends 15 year old son.  We laughed about it but I really just wanted to nap today!  No naps were had though.  We did go to the Farmers Market this morning with the thoughts of getting some amazing veggies.... worst idea ever!!  We forgot that they also have the most amazing fresh homemade butter tarts, pizza, breads.... I think you get the picture.  Thankfully we are in this together and I pulled him away from the free perogies samples and he got me away from the butter tarts!  We left with ... something, shoot I can't even remember what we bought lol   Fish we bought fish!  lol  Fresh fish and smoked fish.  Man I'm tired!  We spent the day either cooking, shopping for food or cleaning up from the cooking it seems.

We made an awesome ground turkey, spinach soup for lunch and bunless burgers with homemade guacamole & salsa with a little bit of W30 bacon and homemade baked fries.  It was a lot of work but so good.  I'm concerned that eating bacon could lead me to binge on said bacon because I enjoy salty rather than sweet stuff so I have to be careful not to overdue the bacon.  Hope everyone had a great day!  

@Mariannne  I agree that bath sounds great.. I might have to have one myself!

@CM854 Welcome! 

@bronnyd  I agree working out kept me from being too grumpy and tired this week.  Going consistently to the gym is new to me, started going regularly at the beginning of March and even though I'm sore today I can't wait to go back on Monday!

3 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Three meals a day and no snacking does not apply to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.  This isnt an open invitation to snack all day, but we want you to eat at least four meals as you are keeping two human beings alive with your body... many breastfeeding women also sip from canned coconut milk or eat whole avocados during the day to keep their fats and thus their milk supply up.

Thank goodness!!!! I have been eating an avocado every day, it helps me feel full a bit longer. I really appreciate your response, makes me feel MUCH better! 

I only have a minute but I wanted to share my NSV this morning!!! I was getting ready this morning to go to worship service in the semi dark so I didn't wake my bf who had a very late night of teenage drama.  I grabbed a pair of dress pants from my closet thinking they were the size 22 that are a bit too big but all that's fit since I gained back 30 lbs since I bought the size 18 pants.  I put the pants on and then realized they were on backwards. .. Hey I know you've done it too!  Lol. I took then off and took a look at the tag real quick..... they were the size 18 pants!!!!   They fit again!!  I was so bloody excited my bf is lucky I didn't wake him up right then!  Ok .... now I'm going to worship service!  Just really needed to share that lol

Hey fellow Day 6-ers! I'm feeling pretty pumped after successfully navigating two outside of home eating scenarios. And I've discovered that actually being out with people doesn't bring on cravings or wishes for forbidden foods/snacking. Just the opposite! I'm distracted and having fun - so for me mindless eating must stem from boredom.  

On Friday night we went out with friends to the local culinary school's restaurant and I had called ahead to warn the student chefs of all my restrictions. I had a wonderful meal!! They were so obliging that I was able to have a small appetizer (seared scallops) and when everyone else had their sorbet course, they brought me a few fresh berries . My main was roast pheasant, braised cabbage in bacon and a few carrots. Herbal tea to finish.

Last night our neighbours had us over - we planned the meal together so every single thing on the table I could it eat! It was a feast of roast crispy duck with wild blueberry sauce,  asparagus, roast potatoes & yams, carrots, spinach & orange salad and braised cabbage (from nom nom paleo) And! I got to take home half the rendered duck fat.

@sooladybug congrats on the pants!! Way to go! (Also loved the your story telling...)

@Mevans SoCal!! Lucky duck! We still have some snow on the ground here but it doesn't stop us crazy Edmontonians from putting on shorts & flip flops as soon as it's above freezing. For mocktails - I tried leftover herbal tea with sparkling water and a squeeze of lime. Also the kombucha drinks really make you feel like you're having a real one because they're slightly fermented. 

@SugarcubeOD where are the starchy veggie guidelines?? I own ISWF and it's not in there nor is it on the meal template PDF from the website. I'm not sure exactly which veggies are starchy...is there a list? 

IMG_5393.JPG

1 hour ago, harpchick said:

Hey fellow Day 6-ers! I'm feeling pretty pumped after successfully navigating two outside of home eating scenarios. And I've discovered that actually being out with people doesn't bring on cravings or wishes for forbidden foods/snacking. Just the opposite! I'm distracted and having fun - so for me mindless eating must stem from boredom.  

On Friday night we went out with friends to the local culinary school's restaurant and I had called ahead to warn the student chefs of all my restrictions. I had a wonderful meal!! They were so obliging that I was able to have a small appetizer (seared scallops) and when everyone else had their sorbet course, they brought me a few fresh berries . My main was roast pheasant, braised cabbage in bacon and a few carrots. Herbal tea to finish.

Last night our neighbours had us over - we planned the meal together so every single thing on the table I could it eat! It was a feast of roast crispy duck with wild blueberry sauce,  asparagus, roast potatoes & yams, carrots, spinach & orange salad and braised cabbage (from nom nom paleo) And! I got to take home half the rendered duck fat.

@sooladybug congrats on the pants!! Way to go! (Also loved the your story telling...)

@Mevans SoCal!! Lucky duck! We still have some snow on the ground here but it doesn't stop us crazy Edmontonians from putting on shorts & flip flops as soon as it's above freezing. For mocktails - I tried leftover herbal tea with sparkling water and a squeeze of lime. Also the kombucha drinks really make you feel like you're having a real one because they're slightly fermented. 

@SugarcubeOD where are the starchy veggie guidelines?? I own ISWF and it's not in there nor is it on the meal template PDF from the website. I'm not sure exactly which veggies are starchy...is there a list? 

IMG_5393.JPG

Search for anxiety or deptession.  That's where the startchy veggies come into play mostly.

Buy the sweet potatoes at Costco because they come as a bag of 5 and most of them are 1-2 fist sizes. I peel, and cut in half if needed and nuke for 5 minutes then mash into sausage and eggs with kale salad for breakfast.

Hello all,

Congrats on getting through week 1! :)  How's everyone doing?

I hope everyone had an excellent weekend! I did a bit of meal prepping today. Just to make my life easier, I've decided that breakfast can be a dinner meal while I complete this W30. It's only 30 days and I can do it!  It's nice to have it all prepped on Sunday so that the only thing left really is to eat it when I'm ready. Thank you slow cooker! It also gives me much more free time. W30 should be easy, right?

I was at a yoga conference this weekend and plenty of non-compliant food there. Smelled delicious but I didn't go near it. :) Yay! Otherwise, it's been a weekend of rest and recovery. Needed and appreciated. I am going to get in another bath tonight. I'll be sleeping in no time! 

Welcome to @CM854  I'm so glad you're here. Also great that a moderator helped you out.

I believe vanilla bean is W30 compliant so you can use that on the sweet potato casserole (in place of the vanilla extract). 

@sooladybug: that's so funny about the Farmers Market. Butter tarts are a weakness for me, too. Esp the ones at the farmers market! Glad you stayed strong. You're fortunate your bf is on board. You strengthen each other. Bravo on the pants!!! :) 

@harpchickI love that the chef school was so considerate as were your frirends!  Beautiful spread, too. I was getting hungry just reading the description. I love duck fat :) yum!

Have a good sleep all! :)

BeaUteeful spread @harpchick! And all wonderful healthy food! That's so great that you called ahead to the culinary school. It shows you can make it work and it's not that hard. Just take a little action. :) Thank you for the awesome pic - it makes this W30 seem less daunting....

YAY @sooladybugon size 18! Woot! Even fits backwards! You go girl!

Wanted to add a comment on @SugarcubeOD's comment on my  sweet potato casserole - I meant to remind to keep the vanilla out so Thank You for that.  AND be careful when eating cuz it's tasty. Just a fist size - and maybe cooking the sausage separately rather than in the casserole so that you get that protein. Also greens - I always include sautéed greens with the sweet potato casserole. It's very good too. Think I'll make some this week. 

I'm having a reallyyyyy tired day - but then this whole week has been somewhat of a challenge. Still, I'm not letting it stop me from showing up for the most part. Think that double workout on Friday taxed my muscles a bit and I'm experiencing DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), which can include feeling week and tired for a day or two. Gah! It felt good at the time...... I'll just keep on and my body will get used to it. That said, I'm going to avoid two classes in a row until this W30 is over - just keep working out but PACE myself. 

I made crispy chicken thighs tonight for the next three days lunch or dinner. Also making bone broth, finally after saying I would last weekend. Got a lot done around the house today even though I was draggin' butt. Have salmon out for thawing to make this crispy salmon dish I found online as well. I like crispy skin. :)

Did some gentle yoga at home - about 30 mins this morning and evening. Took a nap, read, watched some Shameless :) all in all even though I have low energy and have been going in and out of frustration, I'm keeping  perspective and it's been a pretty good day.

Grok on as Marks Daily Apple like to say. 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, harpchick said:

You know, I can't actually remember exactly where the starchy carb guidelines are... I was pretty sure it was in ISWF... 

the recommendation is 1 fist sized serving a day and then more if you're super active, possibly less if you're sedentary or have a lot of weight to lose. We don't recommend not having any at all, especially for women because it can really affect your mood and emotions.  Even if you have a lot of weight to lose, a fist sized serving is not going to derail you.  It's also reported by some that they do better when that serving is in the last meal of the day... it can help with sleep and having it at the first meal of the day causes later day cravings in some people... again, it's basically an experiment of one, so move that serving around and see what works best for you :)

As far as what is a starchy carb, you're looking for potato, sweet potato, beets, carrots, parsnips, winter squash (butternut, acorn etc)... most root veggies are starchy... summer squash (zuchini, spag squash) are not considered starchy carbs.  There is probably a pretty good list online if you go ahead and google Starchy veggies.. just remember they might put beans/legumes on that list and those are out for W30.

Week 1 has come to an end.  I have to admit this was not as hard as I thought it was going to be!  We have spend the weekend shopping and planning for next week.... certainly didn't make for a relaxing weekend but it wasn't too bad.  We ended up making 36 cups of chicken broth.. I think we're good for the rest of the 30 days lol.

My lower back is 'tweaking' a bit from my new workout on Friday, I'm hoping as I do it this week that my back will strengthen and get used to it.  I am already noticing my relationship with food changing, I am not experiencing cravings so to speak but I am recognizing behaviours that I know I need to change.  For instance we made potato 'chips' with the mandolin for supper with chicken wings (teenager's request for supper lol), both were baked with just olive oil and turned out fairly well despite a time crunch we were in.  I found that I could not stop eating the potatoes... potato chips are my kryptonite!!  I told my bf that we definitely can not make those very often because I know they are a no-brake food for me and I really need to break that habit!

This morning after service my friend invited me out for lunch with her family (she and her husband are also doing W30 with us).  They hadn't eaten breakfast and live 20 mins outside of the city so they needed to eat and go grocery shopping before heading home.  I decided to decline because I just didn't think I would be able to stay compliant eating out at this point.  They went to a local breakfast restaurant and had an omelette which sounds great but she has no idea what they put in the pan to fry it in and didn't ask.  I went home and had a yummy turkey spinach soup left over from yesterday for lunch so I was happy with my choice.  Looking forward to week 2!  Hope everyone had a great weekend :)

@harpchick  That's so awesome that your friends and the school are so willing to be accommodating!  That food looks amazing!  I'm still pumped about the pants lol  As for story telling.. I have some stories to tell lol my hairdresser keeps telling me I should write a blog because the last 5 years of my life have been kinda hilarious  - at least looking back on it all it's funny when you tell the stories lol

@Mariannne good for you for staying away from the tempting food!  You'd think at a yoga conference they'd have fruits & veggies lol  I've always been interested in yoga but never tried it.  My gym has a group class that combines yoga and Pilates fundamentals with athletic training, maybe I'll check it out this week.  

@bronnyd  Hope you were able to relax today and feel better tomorrow!   Your meals sound delish!  

Hi all... sorry i was MIA for the weekend. i stayed compliant.... nothing too eventful. baby is sick & teething so that certainly tested my patience for a bit. and definitely felt some food boredom. firday night i was hungry but nothing that was compliant sounded appetizing and i obviously didnt want to eat anything non compliant... ended up with a steak tip salad... it was ok :-/... i ate alot of the same stuff the first week so thats probably why... trying to mix it up a bit more this week

Archived