New to Whole30 and need some backup :)

cholitau

Hi Team,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm not new to Paleo, I've been eating this way for a few months now, but i find that i need some fine tuning, or should i say... extra commitment to stay away from a few things and form new habits. So i'd like to express my goals here, to make myself accountable I also promise to check on others on the forum and give back by providing encouragement to them. So here's what's on the agenda:

1. RELAX. I stress too much about food, when to eat, how much, etc. I have knowledge about want to eat, I've read all the info out there i can get my hands on in the Paleosphere. Still, i find myself obsessed with perfection and following rules.

2. Listen to my body. So relax and listen. My body will tell me when it's hungry. This includes differentiating hunger from cravings (like day 4's email shows)

3. Eat enough. Cause i tend to overeat

4. Sleep

I do great with buying the right foods, not eating grains, and i can not bake any "paleo" snacks during this period, that's all fine with me. But if it's put in front of me, even if i had resolved not to have it, i will succumb to peer pressure. And since i tend to overeat, i will over indulge. So this W30 period is to reset my mind, to show to myself that i can stay away from certain things if i want to. it's not about restricting, but about forming new habits.

So there is is... this is my plan. I'll come by here to update you all on my battles and victories, and even loses.

Thanks!

Welcome! You are doing a great thing for yourself. Sounds like you've done your homework and the daily emails are GREAT. I did my second Whole30 on Sept 1 and decided to do the emails. I loved them. It was uncanny how it seemed they were tailored for just me. :)

It's true about the emails. With each one i feel "well, this is just what i needed today!", i feel specially the email fro Day 2 about self-efficacy. I'm saving them all.

This is my Day 5 and the weekend is ahead of us! I'm determined to stay clean :)

There were times those daily emails were so on target, it was almost creepy....Are they watching Me?

I really enjoyed the clicking "I did it" each day too!

I kept them all and would look back through them if I was having any challenges during my Whole30. The first week I found that I was consciously counting the days, but after that it really flew by!

And now I feel so amazing... You'll be there in no time! And then you'll want to keep going :)

My wife was onboard and we agreed that if one of us failed, we both started over. 30 days and no re-dos. I like to think that disappointing my wife was a bigger deterrent than if it had just been me. The emails were awesome and you know they're coming every day. You have to click that you did it, or you re-start. Seems harder to cheat yourself that way.

• 1 month later...

Whitjms..

I love the idea that you and your wife agreed to both start over if one of you failed. And that you didn't want to disappoint her kept you going. I'm going to try that with my husband. I really need him on board with me. He can be a bad influence. He likes for us to go out at least once a weekend with friends. Drinking involved and I love my wine.

:wub:

Archived